Confirmed Trade: [SJS/NSH] Egor Afanasyev for Ozzy Wiesblatt

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Are people thinking it's a big loss because of Eeli Tolvanen ?
It's not that we think it's a big loss, or potentially big loss, but another completely avoidable error.

Afanasyev may be nothing more than a bottom sizer but he has way more potential than some of the crappier guys we played this season. Throw in guys we're dicking around like Tomasino and Fabbro and it adds up.

If we're going to develop a guy for almost six seasons until he has a near PPG season and a great playoff run and then decide to trade him we should have just traded him when he had the luster of a high 2nd rounder.

Bad asset management.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
So typical for NHL, if you're a 1st rounder you'll get chance after chance despite sucking season after season. They even trade for you giving away a much better prospect who just wasn't a 1st rounder...

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
I don’t think people think it’s a big loss like we thought he was gonna be some 60 point forward. I think what makes it a loss to me is he didn’t get a chance to prove what he can do. Yea last year he got 17 games but his development in one yea look like he was primed to play with us next year just to trade him for a player that truly look like a bust. This organization is really hard on their drafted forwards for some reason.
Add Tomasino into that mix as he’s likely gone this week. Predators simply cannot develop young forwards

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad