Confirmed Trade: [SJS/BUF] 2024 1st (11OA) for 2024 1st (14OA) and 2024 2nd (42OA)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I think this confirms that many teams think this draft has very wide tiers. Some might have it between 5-15, other teams might have it closer to 10-20.

But the weird part is that the cost to move down from 11 to 14 seems surprisingly low (42OA). In other years, wouldn't it be closer to a late first to move around in the top 15?

I mean, I guess it might make sense and many of us are overvaluing the cost to get into that range, because in 2020, Calgary was picking up third rounders to move down 2-3 slots from 19 down to 24.

This might make more sense in more than one way when Conroy is saying he's investigating trying to get into the top 15 of this draft.

There's the tier, there's the cost to get in being lower than other years (not as prohibitive as previously thought) and then there's the fact it seems teams are more likely to trade picks this year around the draft vs last year nothing happened.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
wonder who they have their sights on?

Weird trade before seeing how the board falls
Doesn't have to be a single guy it might be 2 forwards and 2 Dmen they are targeting.

Frankly if they get Catton to go along with Celebrini watch out in 4 or 5 years.....

The fact that they would make a trade this big on the night of the NHL awards is just gutless. Why are they trying so hard to upstage the awards??? Will anyone even watch them now?
WTF?

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
There will no bidding war to get pick 10-13 when cutoff is at 14.

15 and up you are in he Connely, Jiricek, Norwegian guy zone.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
i get it more ammo for buffalo to trade, they need to turn the corner to be a perennial playoff team so they need to make a splash here this off season.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
i get it more ammo for buffalo to trade, they need to turn the corner to be a perennial playoff team so they need to make a splash here this off season.
It will be very interesting to see what the Sabers do and if they take the next step this season.

BillR10

Nov 16, 2008
Love?

You love giving up 42 for a 3 spot move up in a draft everyone agrees is the same tier from 6-18?
6-18 is not the same tier at all. Maybe 11-14 might be but if they can grab a guy like Yakemchuk that defintely won't be available at 14 it's a huge win

Reactions: OversKy

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
Love?

You love giving up 42 for a 3 spot move up in a draft everyone agrees is the same tier from 6-18?

Not even “like”…you full on love it?
Oh ya? Everyone? Who is everyone? I’ve heard plenty of all over the place, including dropping off right at 14.

So ya I HELLA love this. I love that we have a GM who is making good moves, so I’m comfortable LOVING this one. Especially considering we just acquired a 2nd FOR NOTHING from Detroit.

Who the hell are you to tell me what I can or can’t love.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
My opinion is he's trying to move up even more. If he was content on staying at 11 this could've been a draft day deal.

That's a weird way of spelling "Michkov+Konecny"
That's what everyone said about the Vikings in the NFL draft this year but they stayed put after trading pre-draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad