Speculation: Sir Sam of House Bennett - contract speculation

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
The skill part is a fair argument but the IQ is not. If Lundell is anything it's a high IQ player.
Yeah. And it’s not skills necessarily: he has good hands. He needs to work on quickness and his shot. A bit more on receiving passes.

I like the Barky comparison: Barky had holes in his game when drafted—skating most notably. The difference is that Barky spent his summers building up these skills. What does #15 do? He’s contributing to long run playoff runs, building up the team’s banners

Reactions: Laus723

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Yeah. And it’s not skills necessarily: he has good hands. He needs to work on quickness and his shot. A bit more on receiving passes.

I like the Barky comparison: Barky had holes in his game when drafted—skating most notably. The difference is that Barky spent his summers building up these skills. What does #15 do? He’s contributing to long run playoff runs, building up the team’s banners
He does not have good hands. He has good hands for the average Joe on the street. For the NHL he has average hands at best. The Barkov comparisons only hurt Lundell. No matter what Barkov did with his skills, he had the skills. Barkov struggling early on and Lundell struggling offensively do not equate them to being similar players.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Well I think this is absurd and disagree, but to each their own. As I said, people didn’t like Barkov for awhile. Some still don’t.
A lot of players struggle early on. That doesn't mean they are similar players. And it's a lot of other factors that play into differences on top of skill. Like the teams they play on, the linemates, etc.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
A lot of players struggle early on. That doesn't mean they are similar players. And it's a lot of other factors that play into differences on top of skill. Like the teams they play on, the linemates, etc.
I’m not comparing the two, I’m saying that Barkov also had his detractors and still for some reason does. Doesn’t matter, Zito saw fit to give him the deal he did. I love every bit of it.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
He does not have good hands. He has good hands for the average Joe on the street. For the NHL he has average hands at best. The Barkov comparisons only hurt Lundell. No matter what Barkov did with his skills, he had the skills. Barkov struggling early on and Lundell struggling offensively do not equate them to being similar players.
He has good hands for the shootout and shows some brilliance (2nd goal on rangers)

No one is comparing their final outcome but their development process and defensive strengths.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad