Speculation: Sir Sam of House Bennett - contract speculation

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
The skill part is a fair argument but the IQ is not. If Lundell is anything it's a high IQ player.
Yeah. And it’s not skills necessarily: he has good hands. He needs to work on quickness and his shot. A bit more on receiving passes.

I like the Barky comparison: Barky had holes in his game when drafted—skating most notably. The difference is that Barky spent his summers building up these skills. What does #15 do? He’s contributing to long run playoff runs, building up the team’s banners

Reactions: Laus723

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Yeah. And it’s not skills necessarily: he has good hands. He needs to work on quickness and his shot. A bit more on receiving passes.

I like the Barky comparison: Barky had holes in his game when drafted—skating most notably. The difference is that Barky spent his summers building up these skills. What does #15 do? He’s contributing to long run playoff runs, building up the team’s banners
He does not have good hands. He has good hands for the average Joe on the street. For the NHL he has average hands at best. The Barkov comparisons only hurt Lundell. No matter what Barkov did with his skills, he had the skills. Barkov struggling early on and Lundell struggling offensively do not equate them to being similar players.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Well I think this is absurd and disagree, but to each their own. As I said, people didn’t like Barkov for awhile. Some still don’t.
A lot of players struggle early on. That doesn't mean they are similar players. And it's a lot of other factors that play into differences on top of skill. Like the teams they play on, the linemates, etc.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
A lot of players struggle early on. That doesn't mean they are similar players. And it's a lot of other factors that play into differences on top of skill. Like the teams they play on, the linemates, etc.
I’m not comparing the two, I’m saying that Barkov also had his detractors and still for some reason does. Doesn’t matter, Zito saw fit to give him the deal he did. I love every bit of it.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
He does not have good hands. He has good hands for the average Joe on the street. For the NHL he has average hands at best. The Barkov comparisons only hurt Lundell. No matter what Barkov did with his skills, he had the skills. Barkov struggling early on and Lundell struggling offensively do not equate them to being similar players.
He has good hands for the shootout and shows some brilliance (2nd goal on rangers)

No one is comparing their final outcome but their development process and defensive strengths.

Leafshater67

Nov 2, 2019
Halifax
Two things. How is Bennett's skating an issue? And the Lundell hype is going to come crashing into a wall at some point.
I’m not saying it’s an issue now, I’m saying it will be in the future.

Also, for what they signed Lindell to, they have to try him as the 2C he’s pegged to be. With the Verhaeghe deal, Reinhart and Lundell, they basically have no choice to let Bennett walk. They're paper thin out back with limited funds.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL

Also, for what they signed Lindell to, they have to try him as the 2C he’s pegged to be. With the Verhaeghe deal, Reinhart and Lundell, they basically have no choice to let Bennett walk. They're paper thin out back with limited funds.
This whole post is incorrect.

Edit: A laugh emoji @Leafshater67 as a response? I guarantee that if Zito feels Bennett is a massive part of this team’s success, he’ll find a way to both keep him, keep the D strong, and keep us competitive. He knows what it takes to win, as we’ve seen.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Leafshater67

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

Cap is going to go up, contacts can be moved, and the Panthers are a premier free agent destination. With what they have their core signed for already, and with Zito at the helm, Im very confident in saying they will be a contending team for the rest of the decade. Believe it or not, this is a team in transition, and Zito will do what needs to be done to fix what little holes exist.

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
Now, I could be wrong as I don't have a X account, but I don't recall so far any talks about a Bennett extension.
Swaggy there was talk about a deal before July 1.

I hope they can find a way to keep him, but I can't blame the guys who want to really cash out or go back to their home town etc...

He's a big part of their playoff identity, and while he's not a big point producer, his impact goes beyond stats.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
I think he takes a small discount and signs with Florida for 8 years. Something like 8x6.

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
first off I’m very happy to break in the new screen name and avatar.

Does the Verhage contract put a cap on what FLA will pay Bennett?

Surely he can’t ask for more than 7m.

Who are the comparable though?
What’s your prediction and can FLA afford it?

Very interesting player. Doesn’t score a lot of points but is certainly a catalyst roster piece.
Imagine they will get a deal on him

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
first off I’m very happy to break in the new screen name and avatar.

Does the Verhage contract put a cap on what FLA will pay Bennett?

Surely he can’t ask for more than 7m.

Who are the comparable though?
What’s your prediction and can FLA afford it?

Very interesting player. Doesn’t score a lot of points but is certainly a catalyst roster piece.
He’ll probably get $7M and whoever does will regret it FAST.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad