Confirmed with Link: Sir Patrick Roy named Isles head coach!

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Hmmm, exactly....Marty will accept it as it's not his decision to make in the end cause there's a whole organization behind him from GM, Owner, President, Capologist, Asst-GM and many other with a job to do which include to make those decision, it's not coach alone that can take those decision.

Will Patrick accept it or throw a tantrum and pick fights with management?

And again, MSL do have also his temper, last year he made it clear he was forced to dress Farrell and wasn't happy about it.

As I said, you need a team player in a organization and not a one man show.
Maybe roy works , maybe he fails I just enjoy debating about these things. All good either way , I didn’t think the alpha male comparison would upset so many cupcakes lol. Marty is a beta , maybe that’s a good thing in the end.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
He’s outwardly passionate and I think sometime people think that means he cares more than others. I dont agree with that line of thinking.

Polarizing to say the least. Not my guy but I respect that others disagree. Who knows? Maybe he kills it with the Islanders.
Lmfao

• Haha
Reactions: Habs

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Maybe roy works , maybe he fails I just enjoy debating about these things. All good either way , I didn’t think the alpha male comparison would upset so many cupcakes lol. Marty is a beta , maybe that’s a good thing in the end.

Let's just say that there's more than 2 types of person.....There's more than Alpha and Beta.
Having said that, he already shaved his beard he had for decades, that's actually a good sign but not really Alpha-like......

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

If it does work, I think Roy is going to have major pull in that organization and Lou isn't getting any younger.

I think Roy's ambitions are greater than to be a head coach, and this is a calculated move to bigger things on his part.

Reactions: Habs

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
If it does work, I think Roy is going to have major pull in that organization and Lou isn't getting any younger.

I think Roy's ambitions are greater than to be a head coach, and this is a calculated move to bigger things on his part.
I agree

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site

Marty is a beta? The same beta who allegedly refused a more seasoned coach behind the bench to assist?

The same beta who refused to listen to others and work his ass off when many said he'd never make it? The same beta that was put on waivers and passed on to only go on to a hall of fame career, is that the beta you're talking about?

Marty is a winner through and through, he literally wins at life.

Beta indeed.

Go ask Torts if he thinks Marty is a beta.

Last edited:

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Marty is a beta? The same beta who allegedly refused a more seasoned coach behind the bench to assist?

The same beta who refused to listen to others and work his ass off when many said he'd never make it? The same beta that was put on waivers and passed on to only go on to a hall of fame career, is that the beta you're talking about?

Marty is a winner through and through, he's literally wins at life.

Beta indeed.
Yup. All these terms of alpha, beta, gamma, sigma male are pretty dumb imo as well.

Habs

Feb 28, 2002

Beta indeed.

Only a beta would look to torts for approval. Torts is a wanker

• Haha
Reactions: HabbyGuy

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
Patrick Roy.png

Patrick looking younger without the whiskers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Non-ironic use of the word "Alpha" is possibly the Beta-est thing someone can do.
It's got to be frustrating releasing a paper, realizing it was incorrect, spending decades of your life trying to tell everyone you were wrong, and still having them quote your paper.

• Haha
Reactions: MXD

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

Beta indeed.

That one’s a tear jerker.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
It's got to be frustrating releasing a paper, realizing it was incorrect, spending decades of your life trying to tell everyone you were wrong, and still having them quote your paper.
I hear ya.

CharleyHorse

Sep 28, 2022
Habs missed the boat. Sens too. Roy was the ideal headcoach for any of these two orgs.

He has proven that he can do an excellent job at NHL and Junior level with kids in the last decade.
Until he doesn't get his way, then he flips the chessboard over and walks away - to me that's all he's proven in the NHL as coach. Maybe he has changed - let's see what his tenure on Long Island tells us.

As of now, Habs didn't miss the boat, they avoided being weighted down by an anchor. As for the Sens, f*** the Sens

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad