Speculation: Simple question, Playoffs Yes or No

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Barring injuries, this is a playoff calibre team. Ullmark makes a huge difference and having the trifecta of Stutzle-Norris-Pinto will play a major role in Sens having 3 scoring lines. They have good forward depth, not great, so they cannot sustain with any long term injury to a core player.

The bottom pair is still the iffiest, but was encouraged to see Hamonic looking more comfortable this year. JBD had a solid camp, Kleven played a simple game and will get better with experience.

Intrigued to see how Green runs his team and coaches in-game. Staios has given him a roster he can make hay with.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I was saying earlier I think they will just miss, but now I am feeling more hopeful they make it.

Can't guarantee playoffs but I think we will actually have a season where the boys are battling to the bitter end. Its gonna be a fun one.

Reactions: LiseL

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
With reasonable health for all teams I see the Atlantic getting 5 teams in.

Boston
Toronto
Florida
Tampa
Ottawa
Buffalo
Detroit

Montreal.

Reactions: BigRig4

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
that is a deep skilled team though.

maybe we're missing another Stutzle but this roster should absolutely challenge for playoffs. Pinto and Greig on the 3rd line, Chabot on the 2nd pair, a well balanced top 6 and a Vezina goalie.

the only thing is they mentally suck. but roster wise it will be a disappointment if they are not in it till the end.

the last time we had a roster as good as this was 2011, and a bunch of crappier sens roster has made the playoffs in between that time.
One injury to the top 6 F or top 4 D and we are in big trouble.
Forsberg has not looked good in the pre season. I have no confidence in him. Unless we’re giving Ullmark a 70 game workload.

That looks like a pretty good lineup actually.

I think people are being too hard on the team in here. Understandable because the past few seasons haven't been up to expectations. But I would argue they were being held back quite a bit by DJ Smith, terrible goaltending, and Dorion plugging in supporting pieces that were bad fits (DeBrincat, Chychrun, Tarasenko).

The roster is absolutely good enough to make the playoffs. It's just a matter of execution at this point.
I think people here are overrating Jensen and Perron cause they are “vets” that know their “role” “play the game the right way” etc.
I think both will get exposed. Soon enough we’ll find out that both moved were lateral at best.
30/31 NHL teams would choose
Tarasenko > Perron
Chychrun > Jensen

How can you say that, this is pretty much the best lineup we've iced since the pizza line days.
I would put 2012/13, 2014/15 and 2016/17 ahead of this team

Reactions: SENStastic

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Forsberg has not looked good in the pre season. I have no confidence in him. Unless we’re giving Ullmark a 70 game workload.

I think people here are overrating Jensen and Perron cause they are “vets” that know their “role” “play the game the right way” etc.
I think both will get exposed. Soon enough we’ll find out that both moved were lateral at best.
Tarasenko > Perron
Chychrun > Jensen

lol, how is 2023/24 Chychrun better than Jensen, he and Kubalik were our worst players.

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
1000002396.jpg

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
Not with this official start of season line up, we don’t

FORWARDS

Brady Tkachuk - Tim Stutzle - Claude Giroux
David Perron - Josh Norris - Drake Batherson
Ridly Greig - Shane Pinto - Michael Amadio
Noah Gregor - Zack Ostapchuk - Nick Cousins

Extra: Zack MacEwen, Matthew Highmore (inj)

DEFENCE

Jake Sanderson - Artem Zub
Thomas Chabot - Nick Jensen
Tyler Kleven - Carter Yakemchuk

Extra: Travis Hamonic-Jacob Bernard-Docker

GOALTENDERS

Linus Ullmark
Anton Forsberg
Yakemchuk and Ostapchuk have both been sent down to the minors. Gaudette replaces Ostapchuk and Hamonic/JBD replace Yakemchuk. They both had good camps so maybe the 3rd pairing won't be so bad after all. Kleven will need mentoring which Hamonic can provide. I expect Pinto to take another step this year, he and Amadio seem to have built some chemistry. I also think Stu will have a better year, and Norris being back in the line-up is the wild card if he remains healthy. Now if Forsberg can stop letting in softies at the beginning of games and settle in sooner, we'll be all set.

If they can play .500 when travelling out west as well as get some loser points this year, I'm cautiously optimistic they'll be fighting for a wild card spot right up to the last game of the season.

Mark Stones Spleen

Trouba's elbow
Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
I think in the 8-10 range is where we end up. Our forwards certainly look better than the opening day lineup from last year but a huge part of that is simply missing Norris and Pinto. Our 4th line though is just a better fit.

Tank was really good last year, Perron is going to need to replace his numbers.

The D Is certainly more balanced.

Green will have to get the big guys to forget everything they've learned under DJ, we need some injury luck, and Ullmark has to be at his best. If all those happen, I see us in 7-8. Realistically, I think we just miss.

Reactions: DrEasy

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I think in the 8-10 range is where we end up. Our forwards certainly look better than the opening day lineup from last year but a huge part of that is simply missing Norris and Pinto. Our 4th line though is just a better fit.

Tank was really good last year, Perron is going to need to replace his numbers.

The D Is certainly more balanced.

Green will have to get the big guys to forget everything they've learned under DJ, we need some injury luck, and Ullmark has to be at his best. If all those happen, I see us in 7-8. Realistically, I think we just miss.
In general the team has way more depth up front. There will be no Rourke Chartier types playing in the top 9. The only places I am worried about are goaltending and LD. If one of the LD goes down then who plays? I actually liked Sebrango's camp but if Sanderson goes down they are in trouble. I think Kleven will get better as he was better at the end of last season. I think he will thrive in a more structured game.

I thought JBD had a good camp kinda dissapointed he isnt starting and Hamonic is. Hammer had a better camp than last year but he isnt as mobile or as strong moving the puck as JBD.

If Ullmark is hurt this teams in big trouble. Forsberg had a terrible camp in my opinion and I have no confidence in Soogard.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary

Tarasenko > Perron
Chychrun > Jensen

Jensen is the right fit for this team. Chychrun was not.

Tarasenko coasted a lot of the time he was here. I'd rather have Perron than Tarasenko.

Mark Stones Spleen

Trouba's elbow
Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
In general the team has way more depth up front. There will be no Rourke Chartier types playing in the top 9. The only places I am worried about are goaltending and LD. If one of the LD goes down then who plays? I actually liked Sebrango's camp but if Sanderson goes down they are in trouble. I think Kleven will get better as he was better at the end of last season. I think he will thrive in a more structured game.

I thought JBD had a good camp kinda dissapointed he isnt starting and Hamonic is. Hammer had a better camp than last year but he isnt as mobile or as strong moving the puck as JBD.

If Ullmark is hurt this teams in big trouble. Forsberg had a terrible camp in my opinion and I have no confidence in Soogard.
But Chartier being in the top 9 last year was the result of Pinto and Norris being out. If those two guys are gone, our 3rd line is going to include Gaudette. I see value of the vet presence, I don't think the depth is all that different. If we started last year with everyone healthy/no suspensions, we'd have
Tkachuk -Stu- Giroux
Joseph-Norris-Bath
Grieg-Pinto-Tarasenko

I don't think our current top 9 is a huge upgrade. Cousins shelters us a little if there's an injury somewhere though. I expect the 4th line to just bring it with consistency, something Kelly and Kastelic didn't do. Either way, team play and defensive structure need to improve otherwise we're toast.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
My biggest worries:
- Norris staying healthy, looking like Norris from 2 years ago.
- Bottom pair of D men being good enough
- Chabot staying healthy, playing harder, more care defensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad