Speculation: Simple question, Playoffs Yes or No

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Barring injuries, this is a playoff calibre team. Ullmark makes a huge difference and having the trifecta of Stutzle-Norris-Pinto will play a major role in Sens having 3 scoring lines. They have good forward depth, not great, so they cannot sustain with any long term injury to a core player.

The bottom pair is still the iffiest, but was encouraged to see Hamonic looking more comfortable this year. JBD had a solid camp, Kleven played a simple game and will get better with experience.

Intrigued to see how Green runs his team and coaches in-game. Staios has given him a roster he can make hay with.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I was saying earlier I think they will just miss, but now I am feeling more hopeful they make it.

Can't guarantee playoffs but I think we will actually have a season where the boys are battling to the bitter end. Its gonna be a fun one.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
With reasonable health for all teams I see the Atlantic getting 5 teams in.

Boston
Toronto
Florida
Tampa
Ottawa
Buffalo
Detroit

Montreal.

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
that is a deep skilled team though.

maybe we're missing another Stutzle but this roster should absolutely challenge for playoffs. Pinto and Greig on the 3rd line, Chabot on the 2nd pair, a well balanced top 6 and a Vezina goalie.

the only thing is they mentally suck. but roster wise it will be a disappointment if they are not in it till the end.

the last time we had a roster as good as this was 2011, and a bunch of crappier sens roster has made the playoffs in between that time.
One injury to the top 6 F or top 4 D and we are in big trouble.
Forsberg has not looked good in the pre season. I have no confidence in him. Unless we’re giving Ullmark a 70 game workload.

That looks like a pretty good lineup actually.

I think people are being too hard on the team in here. Understandable because the past few seasons haven't been up to expectations. But I would argue they were being held back quite a bit by DJ Smith, terrible goaltending, and Dorion plugging in supporting pieces that were bad fits (DeBrincat, Chychrun, Tarasenko).

The roster is absolutely good enough to make the playoffs. It's just a matter of execution at this point.
I think people here are overrating Jensen and Perron cause they are “vets” that know their “role” “play the game the right way” etc.
I think both will get exposed. Soon enough we’ll find out that both moved were lateral at best.
30/31 NHL teams would choose
Tarasenko > Perron
Chychrun > Jensen

How can you say that, this is pretty much the best lineup we've iced since the pizza line days.
I would put 2012/13, 2014/15 and 2016/17 ahead of this team

Reactions: SENStastic

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
One injury to the top 6 F or top 4 D and we are in big trouble.
Forsberg has not looked good in the pre season. I have no confidence in him. Unless we’re giving Ullmark a 70 game workload.

I think people here are overrating Jensen and Perron cause they are “vets” that know their “role” “play the game the right way” etc.
I think both will get exposed. Soon enough we’ll find out that both moved were lateral at best.
30/31 NHL teams would choose
Tarasenko > Perron
Chychrun > Jensen

lol, how is 2023/24 Chychrun better than Jensen, he and Kubalik were our worst players.

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
1000002396.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad