Speculation: Simple question, Playoffs Yes or No

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Yeah but remember, it's not about what Tarasenko does going forward, it's about replacing what was done last year. We were 20th in GF/GP and IMO we'll need to be better than that so it's about replacing the lost production and also have what is necessary in case of a key injury (+ fingers crossed about Norris)
Agreed it is about going forward, but it's only an 8 point pace difference between the 2 players last season, if we're not including Tarasenko's time in Florida.
Joseph had 0.49 PPG last season and the 3 years prior : 0.34, 0.43 and 0.32. Not as good as last season but can expect 28 to 35 pts per 82 games. A problem for him has been playing all games. He's been quite injury prone in his career
Joseph paces at 4 points more than Amadio per 82 the last 3 seasons, that 4 points is undeniable. Amadio also paces at 18 g to Joseph's 11 over the same period, which has value. I think the value easily cancels itself out here and there's an argument joseph was playing higher up the lineup than he should have been to accomplish the higher pace he had in Ottawa.
My point was more to calculate the past production we have to replace. I think it can be replaced without much problem but my concern is more about a key injury that could put us in trouble
I don't disagree that offence could be a concern, but I don't think that has anything to do with the players in the comparisons and numbers you originally posted. Mostly bodies out for basically equal in, even if technically not enough games were played.
Again, it was really not the point you think I was trying to make. So not going to comment any further or the debate could go on forever.
I get that. Fine to do. I just though you were demonstrating a problem that doesn't actually exist if studied underneath. The potential issues are elsewhere imo.
I think most people would think this but looking at last 2 years combined, only 99 D-men have more ESP than Brannstrom... and there's 192 regular jobs (92 D-men had more looking at just 2023-24)
That's fair, but we're usually talking a couple points, if I had to guess. Guys like Hamonic/Holden were easily capable of 15-20 points too, it's just not a high bar to cross and I don't think it makes up for Brannstrom's "shortcomings" lol.
I should have just listed the overall totals (Pts + GP) without names to avoid confusion. It was never meant to be individual comparisons, sorry if it looked like that. It was meant to be a really short point (the one after I briefly talk about Joseph in this post)
Ya that probably would have not prompted a response from me. I think some of what you were going for made some sense, but when you really dive in to it further, it's a non concern, but fair if that wasn't technically the point you were going for.
I agree with your points that I didn't quote.
I will take that and run lol.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Xspyrit

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Qualified "Yes" as I think one of Tampa Bay or Boston will fall back, leaving us an "In" for a top 3 spot, WC at worst.
It's time. If we miss this year the core needs to be broken up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad