• Parekh

• Eiserman

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Demidov is very skilled, but not really physically gifted. He will not beat NHL defenders with his straight-line speed or his strength retrieving pucks in the corner or the crease. He is a great dangler.

At the NHL level, will he be more Drouin, more Marner or more Kucherov, that is the question. I prefer Iginla or Lindstrom over him. I think those two will be much more effective in the playoffs.
Im on the fence with Demidov for exactly those reason(s), but contrary to Michkov he's at least 5'11 with average weight. Aparently his personality is eons better so for that reason alone, if he does fall to us at 5, I think it's a no brainer to select him.

Basically we will be selecting beyween whichever 2 players fall to us at #5 from the tier 1.5 pool: Levshunov, Demidov, Lindstrom Silayev or Dickinson. 3 D, 2 F, all worthy of a top 5 pick (stress free). I'd be happy with any one of these guys, so Ill let Hugo decide and just enjoy the player..

For us to have a homerun draft in the 1st round, I think its really important we use WPGs 1st and whichever other assets we have to move up to ~12 and take that Forward who really impressed Hugo at the combine.

Be it: Iginla or Sennecke or a bit more risk/reward with Parekh or Esierman.

Reported that Lindstroms injury was a herniated disc, really don't like the sound of that.
If thats true, then Lindstrom will be available at #5.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Reported that Lindstroms injury was a herniated disc, really don't like the sound of that.

Could be a bunch of things...

But begs the question of wether the 14 year old leaving home to go to a specialized academy, run by a strength coach, played a role in that... Too much specialized training, too soon, is having well documented injury impacts on athletes even as it fast tracks their ascension...

Hope for the kid & his family that he's able to be patient with the recovery and it doesn't end up cutting his career way short

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
FWIW

Engels on Marinaro's podcast said that if one of Lindstrom or Demidov are there, he expects them to take that player.

And he said it's less than 1% that both will be there.

Moreover he said that he thinks they'll try hard to package things to move up into the 15-10 range.

And a bit different than Arpon where he said they'd probably look to slide back if both Demidov/Lindstrom are gone unless they were convinced one of the D remaining was a legitimate 1D.
Arpon the week on The Athletic:

But in the equally unlikely event that neither of them is available, I think the Canadiens would lean toward taking a defenceman. And I don’t think they would trade down later in the top 10 to recoup an asset and take one of the top wingers available in either Tij Iginla or Beckett Sennecke, because they view the No. 5 pick as an opportunity to add a significant piece in their rebuild, and trading down would lessen the likelihood that player is a significant piece.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Could be a bunch of things...

But begs the question of wether the 14 year old leaving home to go to a specialized academy, run by a strength coach, played a role in that... Too much specialized training, too soon, is having well documented injury impacts on athletes even as it fast tracks their ascension...

Hope for the kid & his family that he's able to be patient with the recovery and it doesn't end up cutting his career way short

That academy probably had him watching old Ronnie Coleman vids

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
You guys really think that tidbit on Lindstrom was not leaked on purpose?

Come on. It's all part of the little propaganda war going on between teams.

We'll likely hear about some sobering stuff on Demidov as well.

Teams will do whatever they think can switch the odds in their favor before draft day.

Hell. I would not even be surprised if someone in the Habs brass was the one who pissed in Pronman's ear to increase their odds of drafting him.

Reactions: 417

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City

Teams will do whatever they think can switch the odds in their favor before draft day.

Hell. I would not even be surprised if someone in the Habs brass was the one who pissed in Pronman's ear to increase their odds of drafting him.
Could be possible. Anything is possible at this point, crazy shi*

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

4u25yt.png

Huge if true.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Slaf didn't lunch with the Habs before being picked. . Those diners with the players mean absolutely nothing
The dinners mean the habs have questions. It’s not that they want or don’t want the player, it’s that they want to know more. They talked to Wright and went Slaf.

I’m sure there are other players they spoke to that rhey took.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary

You know that all the teams have the same access to his medical information right?

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
You know that all the teams have the same access to his medical information right?

They have access to whatever medical information his agent leaked out. From then on i would assume that every team has more or less insight on the actual nature of his injury. Which might significantly differ to whatever his agent willingly distributed.

There's a huge fog of interpretation in cases such as these.

If you're naive enough to think this news came out exactly two weeks prior to the draft without any particular reason then good for you.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
let's invent something about Celebrini
Has a jigsaw puzzle addiction and often stays up all night to get the edges done.
He still gets his dad to tie his skates.
Has a small bladder and needs to pee between shifts.
He can't turn left.
He's a flat earther.
Talks in the 3rd person oops wrong prospect.

Last edited:

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
If this disc injury is serious. I wonder if Catton comes back into our draft picture? His skill set is high. Plays on bad team. Would put up better numbers if good team
I would have to think Iginla is higher on their list than Catton but at that point just bite the bullet and take a excellent Dman like Buium and make a trade for a young forward.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
Find it strange that this herniated disc thing comes out and everyone's panicking, but at the combine it was reported his injuries weren't a concern for anyone (GMs) going forward, and he was moving up the draft board as a result.

Something doesn't compute. This information was surely available at the time so..... what gives?

Perhaps the message board doctors are overreacting and are more worried than they should be?

Last edited:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Find it strange that this herniated disc thing comes out and everyone's panicking, but at the combine it was reported his injuries weren't a concern for anyone (GMs) going forward, and he was moving up the draft board as a result.

Something doesn't compute. This information was surely available at the time so..... what gives?

Perhaps the message board doctors are overreacting more worried than they should be??

That's definitely the case. His stock went up after the combine, not down.

Reactions: Deebs and HabbyGuy

Genghis Keon

Apr 1, 2002
Visit site

Perhaps the message board doctors are more worried than they should be??
Fans get new (to us) incomplete (to us) information and speculation runs rampant.

You would hope teams' medical teams with actual medical reports would be better able and better placed to determine risk than fans (with medical backgrounds or not) relying on a two word diagnosis.

That's not to say fans can't end up being right, just that we obviously have less expertise and information. If fans using WebMD and incomplete information can routinely out diagnose teams' medical staffs with more information, why even rely on medical teams?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad