Silayev, Lindstrom, Catton, Iginla, Parekh, Eiserman

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habs pick

• Silayev

• Lindstrom

• Catton

• Iginla

• Parekh

• Eiserman

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

danisonfire

2313 Saint Catherine
Jul 2, 2009
Andrew Cristall was on his team
Yes and Catton has one linemate too that is strong. I think my point was their teams are relatively weak and their lines get a lot of the other teams focus. Not exactly what Suzuki did but similar. Suzuki's point spread that year (for montreal) is extremely rare at any level.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I would also like to see the Habs grab Nathan Villeneuve in the 3rd round.
What’s the scouting report on the player?

If Demidov is still available at #5, it could probably means that teams drafting 2nd, 3rd or 4th are scared of the « Russian Factor » (KHL). Habs would then be in the same position than last year. Take the gamble or not.
Could be they prefer defenceman and Lindstrom :dunno:

Reactions: Redux91

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
Demidov is very skilled, but not really physically gifted. He will not beat NHL defenders with his straight-line speed or his strength retrieving pucks in the corner or the crease. He is a great dangler.

At the NHL level, will he be more Drouin, more Marner or more Kucherov, that is the question. I prefer Iginla or Lindstrom over him. I think those two will be much more effective in the playoffs.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
What’s the scouting report on the player?

Could be they prefer defenceman and Lindstrom :dunno:
As a player who found himself shifting up and down the lineup for the Sudbury Wolves this season, Nathan Villeneuve showed that he is more than capable of playing whatever role is asked of him by his coaches. What has helped him do just that is his strong hockey IQ, and high motor and energy that he showcases at both ends of the ice, and the willingness to throw his weight around and become a physical force when he needs to as well.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Safe, because you're concerned about Lindstrom's injuries? Because if they're fine with the medical outlook of Cayden, I don't see them passing him up, even if Catton is the more skilled.

Cayden has a completely different kind of upside than Catton. His size, speed, physicality and touch around the net would be most welcome. I love Catton's upside, am a big fan, probably the 3rd most skilled forward in the draft. But I personally would be too enticed by Lindstrom's overall package.

I love the idea of him and Dach on the same line.

I think it will be Tij because i feel the habs had more interactoins with him, or maybe it was just reported.

I'd be curious if something like "He is Jarome's son" plays in the balance, considering that they (previous iteration) passed on Brady Tkatchuk in favour of KK

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Habs are expecting Reinbecher to be better/more valuable than Michkov... right?

Or was it part of the Russian factor?

Bicep Club*
unrelated - I gasped at the Bruin colored Hab logo… is it a lost bet? An expression of your fan hood for both?

(as per your question, I believe the further along we get the more disconnected we will be from the context he was drafted in, including political and potential personality and contractual reasons. Not the same game doing risk management live and hindsight without accountability; this is true of this draft as well - imagine if a ptit gars de chez nous they skip on in the 2nd round ends up a hall of famer; omg we’ll never hear the end of it!)

• Haha
Reactions: River Meadow

Gaud

May 11, 2017
We can use Caufield to get an nhl player, like people suggest with Ghule, Mailloux and Reinbacher.
People here are mad about Zegras and Necas, would they want to trade CC for one of the 2?*
Afterall, CC wasn't a pick of Gorton or Hughes.

* So he's better than those 2, how about trading for a better player, the kind pf player with a big frame, fit for tough PO time? Byfield for example. His stats are similar, 20 goals and 55 pts, CC have 28g and 65 pts, but Byfield ends the season with a +19.

Ha i would laugh if a trade for Zegras included Caufield. The French media is evoking the possibility of getting Zegras largely on the premise that him and CC are best buds.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Ha i would laugh if a trade for Zegras included Caufield. The French media is evoking the possibility of getting Zegras largely on the premise that him and CC are best buds.
Haha ! That one makes me laught. One french media guy (I guess it was Max Lapierre) said the Habs are not a social meeting club and they are not supposed to trade players because X player is friend with Y player. That being said, I wan't serious trading CC, it's just I was annoyed with all the trading propositions including Ghule, Mailloux and Reinbacher for a so called offensive talent like Zegras, who have been on the trading rumours since a year and is also rumoured to be a locker room cancer. So what can be applyed to Ghule/Mail/Rein can be applyed to CC as well. I don't want to be the only one to be annoyed, lol.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Skilled transition player who can distribute:
Demidov
Worried about Russian factor? Catton

Direct north / south player, shooter, good on the boards:
Lindstrom
Worried about the injury? Iginla

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Skilled transition player who can distribute:
Demidov
Worried about Russian factor? Catton

Direct north / south player, shooter, good on the boards:
Lindstrom
Worried about the injury? Iginla

Some think Sennecke is in the same category as Lindstrom as well...

But the thing is, your list is based on need/player style.

I could see a scenario where if both Lindsteom and Demidov are off the board, HuGo go with dman they are really blown away by, like Zeev Buium or Dickinson, or Levshunov.

Reactions: bsl

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Haha ! That one makes me laught. One french media guy (I guess it was Max Lapierre) said the Habs are not a social meeting club and they are not supposed to trade players because X player is friend with Y player. That being said, I wan't serious trading CC, it's just I was annoyed with all the trading propositions including Ghule, Mailloux and Reinbacher for a so called offensive talent like Zegras, who have been on the trading rumours since a year and is also rumoured to be a locker room cancer. So what can be applyed to Ghule/Mail/Rein can be applyed to CC as well. I don't want to be the only one to be annoyed, lol.
hmm i dont know if i would think of this situation as starting up a media club (although.. who wouldnt want to play with their best friends?).

I see it more as media trying to find reasons why a player would want to come to Mtl. A lot of fans talk about Mtl having taxes, being a stressful city to play in and a cold one as being reasons for players not to come, so an article about a talented player having a reason to come in will sell like hot cakes. An example that comes to mind is Stamkos, back when Subban was still with the Habs; apparently thsoe two were buds.

It'd just be funny to me if one was traded to get the other :D

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
FWIW

Engels on Marinaro's podcast said that if one of Lindstrom or Demidov are there, he expects them to take that player.

And he said it's less than 1% that both will be there.

Moreover he said that he thinks they'll try hard to package things to move up into the 15-10 range.

And a bit different than Arpon where he said they'd probably look to slide back if both Demidov/Lindstrom are gone unless they were convinced one of the D remaining was a legitimate 1D.

Reactions: Riggins and Deebs

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
FWIW

Engels on Marinaro's podcast said that if one of Lindstrom or Demidov are there, he expects them to take that player.

Moreover he said that he thinks they'll try hard to package things to move up into the 15-10 range.

And a bit different than Arpon where he said they'd probably look to slide back if both Demidov/Lindstrom are gone unless they were convinced one of the D remaining was a legitimate 1D.

Betting odds right now gives Lindstrom and Demidov as the strongest possibilities at 5th overall.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
FWIW

Where they would probably take Eiserman if available.

I think we're looking at a top 5 of Celebrini, Levshunov, Silayev, Lindstrom & Demidov, and in that order.

Reactions: Scintillating10

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
How many of these top rated Dmen are considered possible #1 or #2 Dmen down the road? If a Dman that you deem as future #1 level is available at 5 and is considered better of a choice than the best forward available...what do you do? BPA or need?

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
How many of these top rated Dmen are considered possible #1 or #2 Dmen down the road? If a Dman that you deem as future #1 level is available at 5 and is considered better of a choice than the best forward available...what do you do? BPA or need?

I'd say only really Levshunov - he has the right combination of offense and defense to be a 1.

With Silayev you'll get the size, skating and defensive play but he won't have the offense of a true '1'
With Dickinson you'll not get the offensive production or high end IQ to truly shadow the best players, so he's a PP2 shot and your PK1.
With Buium you are more looking at a PP2 and PK2 guy, skating isn't good enough to defend at a high enough level against the top players.
Parekh you have your PP1 guy but the defensive effort and ability would leave him off your PK altogether.

Reactions: bsl and Tyson

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Habs barely have enough contracts for the players they currently have. Over quantity is an issue for them right now. They're better off packaging next year's Calgary/Florida 1st, a 2nd, and their 26th OA this year to move up to around 10-15.

If they can leave the draft with Demidov/Lindstrom and another projected top 10 (one or two will fall, happens every year), they could literally draft no one else and come out as the draft winners

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

There is no clear cut BPA though. If there was, we would take the easy pick. This is about need in a BPA waive. Some will fall, some will rise so we got to take the guy we think has the best development. It's not about who they are today, it's about who they will be. Take the guy who has a great resume today but is obsessed at improving.

We basically took our BPA/Need with Reinbacher last year. I suspect we will do the same this draft and most of those D will not be top paring.

Reactions: Tyson

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Habs barely have enough contracts for the players they currently have. Over quantity is an issue for them right now. They're better off packaging next year's Calgary/Florida 1st, a 2nd, and their 26th OA this year to move up to around 10-15.

If they can leave the draft with Demidov/Lindstrom and another projected top 10 (one or two will fall, happens every year), they could literally draft no one else and come out as the draft winners

I think that is what we will try to do. Getting two hits at forward in this draft really does shape up our youth pool well. The guys in this draft are 7 years younger than Suzuki. That's a good age range core while we move through our transition years. Still work to do in the next few drafts but that's more about cap advantages (inserting ELC when the others ahead of them are taking most of our cap).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad