Silayev, Lindstrom, Catton, Iginla, Parekh, Eiserman

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habs pick

• Silayev

• Lindstrom

• Catton

• Iginla

• Parekh

• Eiserman

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
Zadina was the concensus BPA at Montreal's spot.
Like most season ticket holders I was shocked Z went that high…..we felt the same about Drouin(I’ve posted about this).Many were vocal about it on this sight. When you witness Nate MacKinnon the bar is set for what elite looks like.. Nik Ehlers was another no brainer 1st top 10. It’s really hard to get an honest read on a player you haven’t watched live multiple times. Lots of people like players based on highlite videos or nationality.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
I’m not sure how you can take Iginla or Sennecke before Buium or Dickinson.
Position of need, longer runway for Iginla and Sennecke, and Buium's downside is glaring and Dickinson (who seems amazing to me) seems like he's dropped in consideration from must-draft to one-of-many. Seems pretty easy to figure this one out actually.

Scouts are major size-queens, they're not going to love LD Buium when we already have a ton of LDs and glaring holes elsewhere.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Position of need, longer runway for Iginla and Sennecke, and Buium's downside is glaring and Dickinson (who seems amazing to me) seems like he's dropped in consideration from must-draft to one-of-many. Seems pretty easy to figure this one out actually.

Scouts are major size-queens, they're not going to love LD Buium when we already have a ton of LDs and glaring holes elsewhere.
Buium is going to grow another couple of inches. Ho comes from a family of Israeli giants,

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

Size-queen? Buium is 6’2?

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Size-queen? Buium is 6’2?
He’s 6’0 as of the combine a few weeks ago.

Buium is going to grow another couple of inches. Ho comes from a family of Israeli giants,
No one says Buium is a DND but there are players with a more complete profile at 5OA where you don’t need to hope the Israeli Giant gene activates (and doesn’t f*** up his mechanics). Also the fact he’s LD doesn’t help him for us.

InAG-P

Jun 19, 2003
T.O.
Visit site

Sennecke has been growing on me. It's becoming more and more evident to me that we need to swing for the fences with this pick...take the risk.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Sennecke has been growing on me. It's becoming more and more evident to me that we need to swing for the fences with this pick...take the risk.

We will see where Bob has both Iggy and Sennecke after today. In May, Iggy was 10th and Sennecke was 14th I believe.

If Bob keeps Sennecke at 14th, and we take him 5th. Would you consider this a reach? I would.

I think Hughes is trying his best to get another pick from 10-13 range. Or he will trade down... if we are in on Sennecke. Doubt we take him 5th but I reserve right to change after the new list comes out today.

Reactions: jaffy27

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013

And if it fails we'll still be left with Joshua Roy as our best forward prospect 4 years into a rebuild. Brilliant.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
Like most season ticket holders I was shocked Z went that high…..we felt the same about Drouin(I’ve posted about this).Many were vocal about it on this sight. When you witness Nate MacKinnon the bar is set for what elite looks like.. Nik Ehlers was another no brainer 1st top 10. It’s really hard to get an honest read on a player you haven’t watched live multiple times. Lots of people like players based on highlite videos or nationality.
Maybe some were, but Zadina was the clear cut BPA according to this board. Tkachuk was the preferred choice of only a very few posters on here.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
So Sennecke is not more risky than Demidov, Lindstrom, Iginla and even Catton to an extent. Gotcha.

They all have risks.

SKA can try to force Demidov to re-sign and if not, his development could stagnate by being forced to play in the MHL for another year. Maybe those knee and ankle injuries become chronic?

Lindstrom may never develop the hockey sense and processing speed needed to be an impact forward in the NHL or that herniated disc in his back may limit his games played and longevity.

Iginla may not develop his playmaking game, and at a modest 6'0, may not find it as easy to play inside the dots and around the crease in the NHL.

Catton's size may prevent him from being an effective player in the NHL and he may not even stick at center.

I can do it for the defenseman, too, if you want. If you don't have a risk assessment attached to a prospect, you are evaluating them with blinders on.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
That’s not at all how that works but ok

Is 6’0 the new 5’9’’ btw?

That is how it works.. he's average sized.. he's not gonna be big.. and his skating is average. His shooting is average.

He's going to need to be insanely smart at the NHL level to be effective. He doesn't have the speed to defend the faster forwards or the size to defend the bigger forwards.

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
They all have risks.

SKA can try to force Demidov to re-sign and if not, his development could stagnate by being forced to play in the MHL for another year. Maybe those knee and ankle injuries become chronic?

Lindstrom may never develop the hockey sense and processing speed needed to be an impact forward in the NHL or that herniated disc in his back may limit his games played and longevity.

Iginla may not develop his playmaking game, and at a modest 6'0, may not find it as easy to play inside the dots and around the crease in the NHL.

Catton's size may prevent him from being an effective player in the NHL and he may not even stick at center.

I can do it for the defenseman, too, if you want. If you don't have a risk assessment attached to a prospect, you are evaluating them with blinders on.

All those guys - minus Lindstrom to an extent - have something in common though. They showed they were leaps and bounds better than their pears for an extended period of time. And in Lindstrom case, it was in spectacular fashion, playing a meat-and-potato kind of game, scoring 27 goals in 32 games in the process.

So this is not about projecting they can do it. They actually proved they can do it better than their pears at this point in time. Unlike the shiny new toy of this forum.

To suggest every prospect carries the same level of risk is just simplistic. Anybody with their eyes open can see Sennecke is an extremely odd looking player.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
All those guys - minus Lindstrom to an extent - have something in common though. They showed they were leaps and bounds better than their pears for an extended period of time. And in Lindstrom case, it was in spectacular fashion, playing a meat-and-potato kind of game, scoring 27 goals in 32 games in the process.

So this is not about projecting they can do it. They actually proved they can do it better than their pears at this point in time. Unlike the shiny new toy of this forum.

To suggest every prospect carries the same level of risk is just simplistic. Anybody with their eyes open can see Sennecke is an extremely odd looking player.

Sennecke did it from January on and throughout the playoffs and as we discussed a thousand times, has a valid, physiological reason as to why it took time for his game to take off.

Reactions: Tyson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad