Confirmed with Link: Sheldon Keefe to be named the next head coach of the New Jersey Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
1716485707966.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Ripshot 43

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Well when Douglas was playing last season the Devils were running a league best powerplay, there wasn’t a reason to switch the QBs at that time
Dougie got pushed down to pp2 before he got hurt @ his contract price i wanna get every bit out of him, Luke can get there soon enough

Reactions: JimEIV

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Dougie got pushed down to pp2 before he got hurt @ his contract price i wanna get every bit out of him, Luke can get there soon enough
I get that, but, they had the #1 PP in the league during this time. So it was working with the changes they made and they weren’t going to make any changes until it stopped working. By then, Dougie got hurt

Reactions: Guttersniped

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
I don’t really understand the fixation with punishing players like that’s going to do anything or was the reason we weren’t good last year. I’m very glad Luke and Nemec were developed properly last year and didn’t have to deal with some hard ass douche that would neuter them.
I don’t really understand the fixation with punishing players like that’s going to do anything or was the reason we weren’t good last year. I’m very glad Luke and Nemec were developed properly last year and didn’t have to deal with some hard ass douche that would neuter them.
I'm not looking for punishment, I'm looking for accountability. Green said some guys will sit and Nemec was the only one. Their not gonna sit Jack, but Luke needed a couple games off. Being thrown into an everyday d man because of injury is not developed that properly. Yes necessity but "proper".

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I'm not looking for punishment, I'm looking for accountability. Green said some guys will sit and Nemec was the only one. Their not gonna sit Jack, but Luke needed a couple games off. Being thrown into an everyday d man because of injury is not developed that properly. Yes necessity but "proper".
By the time that was said, Luke Hughes was back to playing quite well. He had a normal dip in play that rookies experience. It would’ve been nice if we had the option to sit Luke but we really didn’t. The left side depth didn’t allow for that. This is a team that was playing Brendan Smith almost every game.

I’m glad Luke hit the rookie wall and came out there other end. Wouldn’t have changed much about how Luke and Nemec were used — and they were flat better than just about every single other defenseman we used last year.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
By the time that was said, Luke Hughes was back to playing quite well. He had a normal dip in play that rookies experience. It would’ve been nice if we had the option to sit Luke but we really didn’t. The left side depth didn’t allow for that. This is a team that was playing Brendan Smith almost every game.

I’m glad Luke hit the rookie wall and came out there other end. Wouldn’t have changed much about how Luke and Nemec were used — and they were flat better than just about every single other defenseman we used last year.
When Luke was having his worst struggles they could have sat him for a game or two for Hatakka or Misyul. Didn't Green say something when he stepped in about some players won't be sat down?

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I honestly think one of those 3 defenseman (just one) will be gone and won't play here next year.

Bahl is the cheapest, but also the one with the least upside.

I've been saying I have a feeling that one of Siegs/Marino is gone next year and they probably want it to be Siegs, but his contract looks worse and he's signed for a year longer.

Maybe both of them are back and Bahl is gone.
I think Bahl has more upside the Sieg’s who is a softish defensive oriented dman.

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
Keefe will succeed, because this teams issues weren’t entirely Ruffs fault. The Devils had their 1A/1B defenseman out long periods and a few depth defenseman, they had their 1A/1B offense players out good chunks of the year, Timo played through no knees and a bum shoulder, their best defensive center, having a career year in PTS and F/O being investigated for heinous crimes. To which he was brought charges for, and to top it all off Green as a coach.

I would argue any warm body will do better than last season. Everyone should have a chip on their shoulder to include the coach (who got dismissed for having cap issues and a core who didn’t perform or got injured).

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I think Bahl has more upside the Sieg’s who is a softish defensive oriented dman.
I think there's a lot of similarities between the two. I'd like to keep them both.

I also think the fans and most the posters here have been incredibly unfair to Siegenthaler this season.... he's lost Hamilton and has been injured most of the year on a very bad defensive team.... similar can be said for Marino. These guys took the brunt of the criticism completely unfairly in my opinion.

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
I think there's a lot of similarities between the two. I'd like to keep them both.

I also think the fans and most the posters here have been incredibly unfair to Siegenthaler this season.... he's lost Hamilton and has been injured most of the year on a very bad defensive team.... similar can be said for Marino. These guys took the brunt of the criticism completely unfairly in my opinion.
I mean not completely unfairly, they both objectively played like dogshit. On some level, you shouldn't go from very good to unplayable just because a couple things go wrong. And if a guy is only playable with one partner, he's not much of a defenseman.

I do think there are some extenuating circumstances, obviously, and I wouldn't write them off immediately. team was all over the place and continuity and coaching certainly matters. I'm hopeful with a better structuee both guys can shine again. I also think it's easier for me to be generous towards Siegs because he was hurt and because he was worse to begin with, but I'm hopeful.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I mean not completely unfairly, they both objectively played like dogshit. On some level, you shouldn't go from very good to unplayable just because a couple things go wrong. And if a guy is only playable with one partner, he's not much of a defenseman.

I do think there are some extenuating circumstances, obviously, and I wouldn't write them off immediately. team was all over the place and continuity and coaching certainly matters. I'm hopeful with a better structuee both guys can shine again. I also think it's easier for me to be generous towards Siegs because he was hurt and because he was worse to begin with, but I'm hopeful.
I guess the loss of an all star level partner, a broken foot and a concussion are just a couple of things that went wrong ;)

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Siegenthaler sucked and is going to keep sucking until he starts actually trying to make plays instead of just throwing pucks along the wall. Hopefully our new staff can get that out of him as well as Nemec who does that too much as well.

Reactions: Guttersniped
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad