Confirmed with Link: Sheldon Keefe to be named the next head coach of the New Jersey Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

RNCDevil

Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
ok. Here's the AI report you have been waiting for:

"Overall, Sheldon Keefe is seen as a progressive and effective coach who brings a fresh perspective to the NHL. His strengths in communication, player development, and strategic planning are balanced by the challenges of managing pressure, defensive consistency, and gaining more experience at the highest level of the sport." - Sam Altman

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
we hired a coach who, idk if he’s a great choice, but wasn’t a bad one

My next largest concern, honestly, not the goalie, not the bottom 6. I’m worried about my large adult son, Dougie. Need that big boy healthy.
I have concerns about what player we are getting back with Dougie.

Are there players that have had the same injury and come back to be the same player? I think Dumba had the injury and he wasn't the same player after.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
I like it, lots of experience for someone his age (one of the youngest coaches in the NHL) so plenty to learn from without having to deal with the Toronto media pressure now. Maybe the Devils could get Woodcroft as an associate now since he's not the leading candidate for any of the other HC jobs and the Devils associate job now seems to be a jumpstart for a guy who wants to be a head coach the following season lol

I also like that he doesn't seem to have a direct connection with Fitz like the past HCs had before the job. Should help create a better environment

Getting Woodcroft as associate would be awesome

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Shitting the bed against bottom feeders. Catering too much to spoiled brats. Slow to make changes. Being too easy on players.

Welcome back Lindy, congrats!

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
lol at the doomers in here

Either coach would be fine here if it was him or the oilers ex coach. If the leafs played in the metro absolutely they go deeper in the playoffs so fully expect a playoff team next year.

If your betting overs hammer down player props

“Lets go out there and have some fun boys”

New coach actually said this in the playoffs. Wow
lol the horrors

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I have concerns about what player we are getting back with Dougie.

Are there players that have had the same injury and come back to be the same player? I think Dumba had the injury and he wasn't the same player after.

There is reason to be concerned, but Dumba is a fundamentally different player. Dougie doesn't rely on speed, physicality or even a big slapshot windup. Honestly he makes his living with that wingspan, using it for accurate half slapshots and wrist shots that come from such odd angles it fools goalies. I'm a little concerned for sure, but I'm thinking this might impact him less than it would many other players.

Devils Pride 26

BrickCityHockey*****
Jan 12, 2008
NJ
Caustically optimistic. Seems like he will have effective systems installed. I hope he has the balls to get on Jack when needed. Country club attitude needs to be washed out of here. Have to get guys to buy in and do the little things right.

Reactions: guitarguyvic

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I think it's a possibility, on a 1 yr deal. If Seattle or SJ doesn't pluck him up ( seems like both wont according to rumors ) he would be a top consideration next summer, especially if we have a good year.

Seattle is a possibility but he’s better off taking an Associate Coach job with a better team then destroying his future by taking the SJ job. It would be fun if it was here but a number of teams might work.

It’s been a month and I’m still stunned Grier fired Quinn. That team is going to be an absolute trash fire next year and who knows when it will turn around.

If I were Woodcroft I would take an assistant job here than head job in SJ.

“Great minds” lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad