Confirmed with Link: Shea Weber Named to the Hockey Hall of Fame (MOD warning #66)

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Did Price play in another league? o_O
No but he played World Juniors and in the Olympics and won gold in both. His numbers in 2014 were godlike.

Took our trash team to the finals and won the Hart/Vezina in the same year and was in the hunt for each respectively in other years. He's a Hall of Famer and it will be first ballot.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
If it was the Baseball HoF Weber would not make it no chance. But let's be real here i mean Carbo is in there ... I agree some guys who deserve to be named to the HoF are still waiting for weird reasons like Mogilny i don't get it yeah he was playing 80ies Russian hockey which Canadians do not like but the guy should be in the HoF. But Weber was always going to make it with guys like Carbo making it.
Because Cooperstown is the “Major League Baseball” Hall of Fame not Baseball Hall of Fame - don’t see Cuban league players or Japan

Reactions: LaP

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
No but he played World Juniors and in the Olympics and won gold in both. His numbers in 2014 were godlike.

Took our trash team to the finals and won the Hart/Vezina in the same year and was in the hunt for each respectively in other years. He's a Hall of Famer and it will be first ballot.

Yeah I think so too now, especially being the winningest goalie in Montreal history makes it a lock IMO

You’re stuck on NHL stats alone, it’s the “Hockey” Hall of Fame. There are less than a handful of players in the HOF who can match Price’s accomplishments from junior hockey thru pro ranks

Fair fair

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Did Price play in another league? o_O
CHL Junior goalie of the year, AHL Calder Cup MVP, WJC gold + goalie of the tournament, Olympic gold + goalie of the tournament, NHL MVP + Vézina, best NHL playoff sv pct from 2014-2021

Unmatched success even in the HOF

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Because Cooperstown is the “Major League Baseball” Hall of Fame not Baseball Hall of Fame - don’t see Cuban league players or Japan
The fact it's the hockey HoF makes it even more puzzling that Mogilny is not in there though. Triple gold club member. The history behind his defection. His performance at the u20.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
The fact it's the hockey HoF makes it even more puzzling that Mogilny is not in there though. Triple gold club member.
Mogilny’s foul mouth, arrogance and lack of dignity has done him in - let alone the press corps & his coaches unanimously hate his guts

Friedman talked about this on 32-Thoughts - hockey world: ownership, management, coaches, teammates, press all hate his guts including former USSR brethren

In stark contrast - Weber is worshipped by all… except some Habs fans it seems

Last edited:

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
I must be out of touch af.

Do we all think Carey Price should be in the NHL Hall of Fame?

No way...as a habs fan i refuse to lower my standards for any player... no player should be above the team. You couldn't win a cup? too bad, NEXT.

We have to look at the forest behind the tree.

But he did play almost 20 years for the habs and was one of the only bright light for many years, i think he would of had alot more success if he was closer to his home.

Last edited:
Reactions: River Meadow

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Well deserved. But also I feel old seeing him join the hall of fame. Weber's rookie season was the first season I started actively following the League in high school.

Naw, you're still a young pup. Old is when you start seeing the grandkids of players you watched coming up. This season, at one of the US NTDP games, the grandson of Rogie Vachon was on the opposing team.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
No way...as a habs fan i refuse to lower my standards for any player... no player should be above the team. You couldn't win a cup? too bad, NEXT.

But he did play almost 20 years for the habs and was one of the only bright light for many years, i think he would of had alot more success if he was closer to his home.

Tbh that's kinda my thinking as well.

No cup.

Yes he did have a ton of wins, but that's also cause he played here for so long...... that's not really a big accomplishment per se.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018

He could not possibly be more of a lock to be a first ballot HoFer

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
He could not possibly be more of a lock to be a first ballot HoFer

I always try to think if we were in the 1960s... what would the Rocket think of a Price and what would the opinion be of a goalie like him back in the days.

Alot of things have changed since the 1960s but the cups have remained. A cup doesn't care about current social, cultural and contemporary realities... If the actors at play do not work towards maintaining the traditions and identity of their respective clubs then they don't belong to be part of the same group of people that preceded them.

If Price is a 1st Ballot then he must have been playing for very small club in a bad market... definitely not the canadiens.

The Habs did more for him than he did for the habs, in my opinion.

Also if you're biased and Price is your favourite player, i respect your opinion.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
I always try to think if we were in the 1960s... what would the Rocket think of a Price and what would the opinion be of a goalie like him back in the days.

Alot of things have changed since the 1960s but the cups have remained. A cup doesn't care about current social, cultural and contemporary realities... If the actors at play do not work towards maintaining the traditions and identity of their respective clubs then they don't belong to be part of the same group of people that preceded them.

If Price is a 1st Ballot then he must have been playing for very small club in a bad market... definitely not the canadiens.

Also if you're biased and Price is your favourite player, i respect your opinion.
Carey Price resume:

7x NHL All Star
2015 Hart
2015 Lindsay
2015 Vezina
2015 Jennings
2022 Masterson
2007 Calder Cup
2007 AHL Playoff MVP
2007 WJC gold medal
2007 WJC MVP
2007 WJC best goaltender
2014 Olympic gold medal
2014 Olympic best goaltender
2016 World Cup gold medal
Canadiens all time wins leader

Brother that is a lock in any time period

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Carey Price resume:

7x NHL All Star
2015 Hart
2015 Lindsay
2015 Vezina
2015 Jennings
2022 Masterson
2007 Calder Cup
2007 AHL Playoff MVP
2007 WJC gold medal
2007 WJC MVP
2007 WJC best goaltender
2014 Olympic gold medal
2014 Olympic best goaltender
2016 World Cup gold medal
Canadiens all time wins leader

Brother that is a lock in any time period

Maybe, no idea.

But as a habs fan i also remember the less pretty stuff and i gotta take that into consideration.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

In the 60s Soviets and a Czechs didn’t make the HOF - they’re in now. Females weren’t in…they’re in now.

It’s not the Mtl Canadiens HOF or NHL HOF ….
it’s the f*ckin Hockey HOF - which includes overall achievement & contribution to hockey from juniors to NHL pro ranks and all parts in between

No G in the history of NHL or hockey has been as dominant at every level as Price - the fact he didn’t win the Cup was not his doing since he had the best playoff sv pct for an 8-yr span (2014-2021), how many G in the entire history won Vézina & MVP (hint: Habs have 3 of them, 8 total)

Last edited:

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
In the 60s Soviets and a Czechs didn’t make the HOF - they’re in now. Females weren’t in…they’re in now.

It’s not the Mtl Canadiens HOF or NHL HOF ….
it’s the f*ckin Hockey HOF - which includes overall achievement & contribution to hockey from juniors to NHL pro ranks and all parts in between

No G in the history of NHL or hockey has been as dominant at every level as Price - the fact he didn’t win the Cup was not his doing since he had the best playoff sv pct for an 8-yr span (2014-2021), how many G in the entire history won Vézina & MVP (hint: Habs have 3 of them, 8 total)

There's a forest behind the tree you're starring at.

We'll agree to disagree

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
I understand the guy did not play the "Canadian" way but him not being in the HOF is a complete joke at this point imo.
Meh. I'm not that surprised. He'll probably get in eventually like Pierre Turgeon, but he was never really all that good of a player league wide, except for one or two really good seasons. I never remember thinking Mogilny was one of the best players in the league.

Weber had a good run of 5 maybe 8 seasons where he was one of if not the best defenseman in the league. I think the HOF takes that kind of thing pretty highly. Mogilny had like one amazing season and then was pretty inconsistent and not all that memorable. So him not being in doesn't surprise me much.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Sure Team Canada was stacked but Weber was the #1D for those teams. Those teams were stacked in part because he was on them lol

Ton of respect for Weber but players like Mogilny, Elias and Jagr aren’t in the HoF…Why is he going now, he hasn’t been retired for 3 years, NHL is a joke just like when prongner was on LTIR and working front office or for the player safety department, or ARZ playing in a 5000 seat rink…
Weber is just a tier higher than guys like Mogilny and Elias. Mogilny should definitely be in though, no idea why he's not.

Jagr is going to be a unanimous first ballot lock and the only reason he hasn't been inducted yet is because he still hasn't retired from pro hockey. He played 15 games in the Czech league last season and the 3 year count doesn't begin until he actually stops playing pro hockey. I suspect they'll waive the 3 year waiting period for him but he still has to actually retire first.

Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Sure Team Canada was stacked but Weber was the #1D for those teams. Those teams were stacked in part because he was on them lol

Weber is just a tier higher than guys like Mogilny and Elias. Mogilny should definitely be in though, no idea why he's not.

Jagr is going to be a unanimous first ballot lock and the only reason he hasn't been inducted yet is because he still hasn't retired from pro hockey. He played 15 games in the Czech league last season and the 3 year count doesn't begin until he actually stops playing pro hockey. I suspect they'll waive the 3 year waiting period for him but he still has to actually retire first.
Totally. Weber was awesome. Such a rock defensively and then could score big goals with that rocket. Plus he had snarl. He was such a great d-man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad