GDT: Sharks vs Blackhawks @ United Center 4pm PDT

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
IMO, Drew would not join Twitter, or do the social engagements management wanted. He always wanted to go home during any off time and even for stints during the season. He wasn't offered a contract. He was not fired. They wanted to head in a different direction for the entire broadcast team and have been moving in that direction for the last few years.

Stop making sense. You'll ruin the Remenda fan club's "wrongfully terminated" angle.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
That's the only faint whisper I have heard. Either that, or just someone in marketing doesn't like him, which is a fairly tenuous reason to fire a guy with 20+ years with an organization.

when working a job that is contractual, not set in stone full-time, the organization wants to move in another direction at the end of the contract. That doesn't mean Drew was bad at his job, or that he got fired. I'm sure the org said nothing but good things about him to Edmonton.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
It doesn't? Oh and I love the Remenda revisionist history. He was just as big as a schill, if not bigger than Baker. Also a huge Jumbo apologist.

Weren't people bashing Remenda for being a homer? Weren't people watching a Saturday game against the Avs last year and when Remenda was going on and on about a penalty people here were wishing he would shut up?

Ever since the Ducks game, I've loved the Baker/Hahn pairing. It's not as good as Drew and Randy, but really, what is. I wish they would have a segment where they show some strategy plays and maybe teach the game (Which is something Baker should be capable of doing) but it's a shame they don't. It's also a reason why my favorite announce crew (and I'm sorry for saying this in a Sharks forum) is Bob Miller and Jim Fox. I find them critical when need be, and I appreciate the strategy session Fox does during intermission.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Oh no, the LA crew is one of the most boring in the league. Everything is from the Kings perspective (a save or a block instead of a shot, etc) and half the time, he doesn't even know the opposing player. He would just refer to him as "The Shark".

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Weren't people bashing Remenda for being a homer? Weren't people watching a Saturday game against the Avs last year and when Remenda was going on and on about a penalty people here were wishing he would shut up?

Ever since the Ducks game, I've loved the Baker/Hahn pairing. It's not as good as Drew and Randy, but really, what is. I wish they would have a segment where they show some strategy plays and maybe teach the game (Which is something Baker should be capable of doing) but it's a shame they don't. It's also a reason why my favorite announce crew (and I'm sorry for saying this in a Sharks forum) is Bob Miller and Jim Fox. I find them critical when need be, and I appreciate the strategy session Fox does during intermission.

I think Jamie's trying too hard sometimes. Makes him kind of awkward to listen to.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Oh no, the LA crew is one of the most boring in the league. Everything is from the Kings perspective (a save or a block instead of a shot, etc) and half the time, he doesn't even know the opposing player. He would just refer to him as "The Shark".

I don't see it but maybe I'm just not being very critical. There's not an announce crew I really hate (Other than maybe Pittsburgh) but one of the reasons I get GCL every year is to see Kings games. I've also really grown fond of the Lighting announcers, but maybe that's because the Lightning are my east coast team this year.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
IMO, Drew would not join Twitter, or do the social engagements management wanted. He always wanted to go home during any off time and even for stints during the season. He wasn't offered a contract. He was not fired. They wanted to head in a different direction for the entire broadcast team and have been moving in that direction for the last few years.
making sense. You'll ruin the Remenda fan club's "wrongfully terminated" angle.

You guys are guessing, but we do that here all the time. However, I did not buy my season tickets because the broadcast announcer does social engagement or is on Twitter. I, like probably the vast majority, buy my tickets so I can sit down, watch some world class hockey, and see some WINNERS live, and in teal.

Last edited:

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
You guys are guessing, but we do that here all the time. However, I did not buy my season tickets because the broadcast announcer does social engagement or is on Twitter. I, like probably the vast majority, buy my tickets so I can sit down, watch some world class hockey, and see some WINNERS live, and in teal.

I'm not just guessing and you are not everybody. Marketing the team is very important and it's an overall strategy to generate ticket and merchandise sales and TV eyeballs, from Sharkie appearances to the wine event.

Are you telling me you haven't sat next to people who talk the whole game and leave with 10 minutes left in the game? Cause I have many many times and many many people. And while I hate it, they do help pay the bills. It's not all about "True" hockey fans and the product on the ice. There aren't enough of them who can pay for tickets and make it to the game. Sharks aren't even selling out every game anymore and that's always been a lie much of the time since there are so many brokers out there.

tahoesharksfan

Old-Timer
Apr 29, 2014
The Lake
It's also a reason why my favorite announce crew (and I'm sorry for saying this in a Sharks forum) is Bob Miller and Jim Fox. I find them critical when need be, and I appreciate the strategy session Fox does during intermission.

One of the worse parts of living down here is having to sit through them whenever the Sharks are playing down here and on the local feed. They are complete homers and often don't even know who is on the ice. Sorry but I have to respectfully disagree on this one...:shakehead

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I always thought of Jamie as the guy who didn't pull punches and was dead on and honest about the on-ice product

This sudden Face turn just doesn't make sense; it has to be an angle

Maybe Drew will figure out a way to get his job back at Survivor Series

WantonAbandon

Oct 16, 2011

I like the Kings crew. They actually talk about strategy/what both teams are doing on the ice as a unit instead of a highlight reel of individual performances.

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
I always thought of Jamie as the guy who didn't pull punches and was dead on and honest about the on-ice product

This sudden Face turn just doesn't make sense; it has to be an angle

Maybe Drew will figure out a way to get his job back at Survivor Series

for a few games, during the broadcast they'll just cut to a shot of Drew walking around the arena just to show that he's in the building

then progress to shots where in the last minute of a game, Drew will walk out from under the Titantron, then stare down the sharks after the game before walking away

then at some point, Drew will physically interfere with a game in a way that will help the Sharks win, but with a menacing look that makes us question whose side he's really on

then, while Brodie is interviewing one of the 3 stars postgame, he'll interrupt and grab the mic and give an epic shoot that blasts Bakes and DW for stabbing him in the back... and that he's got a mystery partner for a tag team match vs bakes & randy

Bowie22

blow it up
Jul 20, 2012
Santa Clara, CA
for a few games, during the broadcast they'll just cut to a shot of Drew walking around the arena just to show that he's in the building

then progress to shots where in the last minute of a game, Drew will walk out from under the Titantron, then stare down the sharks after the game before walking away

then at some point, Drew will physically interfere with a game in a way that will help the Sharks win, but with a menacing look that makes us question whose side he's really on

then, while Brodie is interviewing one of the 3 stars postgame, he'll interrupt and grab the mic and give an epic shoot that blasts Bakes and DW for stabbing him in the back... and that he's got a mystery partner for a tag team match vs bakes & randy

Do you write scripts for the WWE? :laugh:

boylerroom

Jan 2, 2012
PRofKA
Originally Posted by Bowie22
Well at least they'll beat Florida on Tuesday...no way Lu gets that 69 save shutout I called a month ago.

d91.gif

:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad