GDT: Sharks vs Blackhawks @ United Center 4pm PDT

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I thought the Sharks played well in the second and third. They lost but Chicago is always a difficult team, especially the back end of a back to back. Looking forward to the Florida game, since Florida is one of the teams I watch on GCL a lot.

CJL182

Oct 9, 2008
Too bad we couldn't stop the bleeding a little earlier and capitalize on some of other chances, but we played pretty well after the 1st. I especially liked the forecheck and zone pressure. On to Florida.

Zeroz

Frightened Inmate #2
Jul 20, 2011
Oregon
Not mad, they just got frustrated at the end there and lost focus. That back to back is rough too.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
The puck was definitely bouncing Chicago's way all night though, that's for sure.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
Lulongolol?

backstage_q_a_don_cherry.jpg

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
The tone the TV broadcast has taken this season kinda sucks. Rusy and Hedican are keeping it way more real on the radio.

I agree. I haven't really liked any of the TV pbp this year. The radio has been great from what I have heard in the car.

I miss listening to Drew when the Sharks are doing bad. He won't hesitate to joke around and make the game feel better than it is.

Baker seems to like to hang his skates on little things (Moral victories) that in the end mean nothing.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
The hell is Baker going on about? Trying to spin some sort of moral victory fairy tale out of this?

He's shilling for DW. Something Drew had too much integrity to do. Look, I like Baker as I'm sure he is a nice guy and knows hockey but....

this shilling for DW is getting too difficult to listen to. Calling Woodcroft an excellent coach because of face-off wins, with the Sharks going into the tank on this statistic.... priceless... put it on Baker's Visa.

Can we get a "bring back Drew" campaign going?

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
For some rosterbating, I think Wingels has looked pretty ineffective recently on Couture's line, and Nieto's on Thornton's. I would prefer to swap them.
Nieto and Marleau had great chemistry to start the season, and a speedy physical forechecker would help Thornton's line.

3rd line has looked great. Hertl is getting out of his rut, but I think he's still been the weakest link on that line so far.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Can't really blame Nemo on the first three goals. Screens and Wingels getting beat on a pinch by the d-man caused those. He needed to be more aggressive or taller on the 4th goal but not the worst mistake for a goalie to make. Mueller chasing Bickell behind the net was a rookie mistake.

boylerroom

Jan 2, 2012
PRofKA
He's shilling for DW. Something Drew had too much integrity to do. Look, I like Baker as I'm sure he is a nice guy and knows hockey but....

this shilling for DW is getting too difficult to listen to. Calling Woodcroft an excellent coach because of face-off wins, with the Sharks going into the tank on this statistic.... priceless... put it on Baker's Visa.

Can we get a "bring back Drew" campaign going?

Agree 100%! Baker has gotten worse imo. He's a kool-aid drinker.

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Please...Remenda shilled for DW and he shilled for the coaching staff even more so.

This... I don't think I ever heard Remenda criticise the coaching staff or management.

That being said, I prefer Drew of Baker. I just feel like the chemistry in commentary isn't there, and the banter feels forced.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad