GDT: Sharks vs Blackhawks @ United Center 4pm PDT

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
This... I don't think I ever heard Remenda criticise the coaching staff or management.

That being said, I prefer Drew of Baker. I just feel like the chemistry in commentary isn't there, and the banter feels forced.

Of course the chemistry isn't there. Chemistry isn't achieved over night or even after a month and a half on the job.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
I don't see a huge issue with switching wingels and nieto. Regardless I expect more from the top 6. Although I thought Thornton had a really strong game.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I don't see a huge issue with switching wingels and nieto. Regardless I expect more from the top 6. Although I thought Thornton had a really strong game.

Jumbo's been looking a little like elite Jumbo the last couple of games. He's been the guy on the ice for quite a few shifts and I don't remember him doing that very much last year.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
I was getting tired of Remenda and don't mind him gone, but Baker has been extremely disappointing. The chemistry is one thing, but the moral victories are so lame.
The Sharks are getting dominated, but there were three fights! You should watch because this team is so exciting and you never know what's going to happen.

Hold the Pickles

Aug 16, 2003
03-K64
I was getting tired of Remenda and don't mind him gone, but Baker has been extremely disappointing. The chemistry is one thing, but the moral victories are so lame.
The Sharks are getting dominated, but there were three fights! You should watch because this team is so exciting and you never know what's going to happen.

Agreed. I like bakes insights but his pandering is lame. That said I'm still glad drew is gone. I'll take the occasional annoyance over non-stop jibber-jabber and homeristic whining.

edit = and the endless gushing about the Kings.

Last edited:

DystopianTierney

V^V^V 2050 V^V^V
May 3, 2014
Campbell, CA
You should watch because this team is so exciting and you never know what's going to happen.
:madfire: **** Baker! :laugh: That's been bugging me for weeks.

Vlasic needs the C! His interview after the game was $. :laugh: Versteeg is going to have "the flu" on January 31st.

Terrible start, but the 4th goal was a killer. Don't know why Niemi likes to shrink into a ball when he is tracking the puck. If he stays big and hugs the post it's a simple routine save.

Pickles said it best, though. It was the first 3 goals that hurt the team. 5 minute collapses are becoming a yearly occurrence in Chicago.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Baker was good on the radio with Rus.

It's probably just as much Randy as anything. He didn't get along with McSorley, either. I also don't like Randy feeling the need to try and correct Baker instead of calling the play like he's supposed to.

That said, Bakes is too much of an apologist. The team sucks sometimes, no need to sugarcoat it.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
IMO, Drew would not join Twitter, or do the social engagements management wanted. He always wanted to go home during any off time and even for stints during the season. He wasn't offered a contract. He was not fired. They wanted to head in a different direction for the entire broadcast team and have been moving in that direction for the last few years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad