Prospect Info: Sharks Prospect Info & Discussion Thread XX

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I'm really hoping your guys prospects pan out... Suuuuuch an impressive prospect pool now with..

Celebrini Smith Dickenson Musty Bystedt J.Thompson Mukhamadulin Gushchin Bordeleau Eklund Edstrom Halttunen....

Are u kidding me??lol

Obviously many of them won't pan out but even if half of them do, you guys are in good shape future wise!!

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
I think Dickinson will get alot of love next year. If he gets more PP time, he/Parekh will be fighting for OHL Dman of the year, but he has a much more well rounded game. Dickinson should also get a ton of minutes for team canada in the WJC, which will be held in Ottawa so all of the canadian hockey fans on here will start to praise him assuming he plays decent.

His comps range from Hanifin to Heiskanen/Pietrangelo. Even if he's "just Noah Hanifin"...that's amazing.

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
I think Dickinson will get alot of love next year. If he gets more PP time, he/Parekh will be fighting for OHL Dman of the year, but he has a much more well rounded game. Dickinson should also get a ton of minutes for team canada in the WJC, which will be held in Ottawa so all of the canadian hockey fans on here will start to praise him assuming he plays decent.

His comps range from Hanifin to Heiskanen/Pietrangelo. Even if he's "just Noah Hanifin"...that's amazing.
What’s amazing is that we picked “Noah Hanifin “ AFTER we picked Macklin Celebrini.
Unmitigated craziness.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass

It's still a lot to expect until he shows he can hack it at the NHL level.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
He darn near made the team last year, if memory serves. I would guess his chances have increased since last year.
There is a lot more forward depth this year and having 3 fresh off the boat 18/19 year olds on the same roster could be brutal. Either way I hope it goes cause its too much fun

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
There is a lot more forward depth this year and having 3 fresh off the boat 18/19 year olds on the same roster could be brutal. Either way I hope it goes cause its too much fun
I guess that's the only way it could actually be worse than last year. Losing all the games and ruining the development of your top prospects... I feel like the exuberance of youth could be a real factor tho.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
No explain in detail
Ok, so back in 1993 at a brainstorming session over at the NBC studio headquarters in Burbank, Dan Holm, who at the time was a promotional producer for the network came up with a slogan for the channel's Thursday night line-up called "Must See TV". At the time it was meant to "prop up", so to speak, their surplus of highly rated television shows, specifically on that night, which included not just their 8PM to 10PM comedy block(spearheaded, most noticeably, by Seinfeld, but also included Wings, Mad About You and the soon to debut Cheers spinoff - Frasier), but also their eventually their dramas such as ER. Eventually other shows joined in their Thursday "Must See TV" line-up such as Friends, Will & Grace, Veronica's Closet and many others. The night almost single-handedly shot NBC up to the top of the Nelson ratings during Prime Time where it remained for the better part of 15 years. The network tried to syphon some of that "must see" magic to their Tuesday night lineup as well to compete with ABC'S heavy duty schedule that had Home Improvement, Grace Under Fire and others. Again they tried it for the Weds line-up during the 96-97 season when they were firing on all cylinders with shows like News Radio, Men Behving Badly and then the Law & Order. All three nights thrived, but neither the Tuesday or Weds nights came remotely close to what their Thursday night line-up was able to accomplish.

Dan Holm continues to work as a Freelance Promotion Writer and Producer for NBCUniversal.

So, what I did was I took the phonetics of the name "Musty" and inferred that it sounded very similar to the words "Must See"

Must-y (Must-ee)

vs Must SEE

Therefore I coined Musty TV because of how similar it sounded to Must SEE TV.

All of this is basically my way of insinuating that once Quentin Musty makes the NHL roster, his boisterous personality not to mention his above average offensive skill will make watching the team play, particular whenever he is on the ice something that we should watch. Not just Sharks fans but all hockey fans who appreciate the game. Like fans of sitcoms of the '90s, whether it's the innocence of certain shows like 3rd Rock From The Sun, observational comedy like Seinfeld or the risque, adult-centric nature of Friends and even Mad About You, witnessing the meteoric rise of Quentin Musty from AHL show-off to NHL superstar is something we should all feel privileged to experience in real time.

Hence, Musty is MUST SEE TV.

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
Ok, so back in 1993 at a brainstorming session over at the NBC studio headquarters in Burbank, Dan Holm, who at the time was a promotional producer for the network came up with a slogan for the channel's Thursday night line-up called "Must See TV". At the time it was meant to "prop up", so to speak, their surplus of highly rated television shows, specifically on that night, which included not just their 8PM to 10PM comedy block(spearheaded, most noticeably, by Seinfeld, but also included Wings, Mad About You and the soon to debut Cheers spinoff - Frasier), but also their eventually their dramas such as ER. Eventually other shows joined in their Thursday "Must See TV" line-up such as Friends, Will & Grace, Veronica's Closet and many others. The night almost single-handedly shot NBC up to the top of the Nelson ratings during Prime Time where it remained for the better part of 15 years. The network tried to syphon some of that "must see" magic to their Tuesday night lineup as well to compete with ABC'S heavy duty schedule that had Home Improvement, Grace Under Fire and others. Again they tried it for the Weds line-up during the 96-97 season when they were firing on all cylinders with shows like News Radio, Men Behving Badly and then the Law & Order. All three nights thrived, but neither the Tuesday or Weds nights came remotely close to what their Thursday night line-up was able to accomplish.

Dan Holm continues to work as a Freelance Promotion Writer and Producer for NBCUniversal.

So, what I did was I took the phonetics of the name "Musty" and inferred that it sounded very similar to the words "Must See"

Must-y (Must-ee)

vs Must SEE

All of this is basically my way of insinuating that once Quentin Musty makes the NHL roster, his boisterous personality not to mention his above average offensive skill will make watching the team play, particular whenever he is on the ice something that we should watch. Not just Sharks fans but all hockey fans who appreciate the game. Like fans of sitcoms of the '90s, whether it's the innocence of certain shows like 3rd Rock From The Sun, observational comedy like Seinfeld or the risque, adult-centric nature of Friends and even Mad About You, witnessing the meteoric rise of Quentin Musty from AHL show-off to NHL superstar is something we should all feel privileged to experience in real time.

Did you just blast all that out off the top of your head, or was research involved? Either way... Impressive.

Reactions: Sandisfan

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
Musty can be returned to juniors at basically any time right? It just burns a year of his ELC after game 9?

I'm just not sure how he makes the team honestly. He can't go to the AHL and I doubt they want to burn a year of his ELC unless they are absolutely 110% convinced he can be a valuable addition to a majority of the season. The last thing you want is to have him come up and at like game 15 look very out of place because then you're stuck with burning the year of his ELC and may end up sending him to Juniors anyways. Just seems super unlikely....even if he got a 9 game try out, I feel like he'd have to play out of his mind to stick.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Musty can be returned to juniors at basically any time right? It just burns a year of his ELC after game 9?

I'm just not sure how he makes the team honestly. He can't go to the AHL and I doubt they want to burn a year of his ELC unless they are absolutely 110% convinced he can be a valuable addition to a majority of the season. The last thing you want is to have him come up and at like game 15 look very out of place because then you're stuck with burning the year of his ELC and may end up sending him to Juniors anyways. Just seems super unlikely....even if he got a 9 game try out, I feel like he'd have to play out of his mind to stick.

There is no point in rushing him either. It does suck that his jrs team isn't really a system that promotes pro level habits. That said another year to get bigger and stronger isn't going to stunt his game. 25/26 season introducing Musty, Dickinson, Bystedt, Mukhamadullin (if he doesn't stick this year) and maybe the 25 draft pick. It's almost too many kids at once haha

Saskatoon

Aug 24, 2006
Saskatoon

Yea I don't like his odds with all the new forwards brought in

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California

Must-y (Must-ee)

vs Must SEE

ohhhhh lolol good one

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
lovin' the banter- @Jargon, @TheBeard @Mr Fahrenheit bravo!

Got to make decisions that are the right ones for the long-term prospect development. Sophomore Eklund, rookie Celebrini/Smith is a lot of youth. Adding Musty- when I'd guess Muk gets at least 40 games, is a ton.

Than again, I'd expect Musty will crack the roster next year as well of the 2025 1st (if a forward) is probably likely too. Dickenson is possible, though it with defenseman it's not surprising for 2+ years of development model. Look at Brant Clarke:

D+1 in the OHL
D+2 OHL* (possibly with year end call-up)
D+3 AHL/NHL
D+4 full-time NHL

*They assigned him back to the OHL after time in the NHL & AHL. I wouldn't follow this model specifically, but Clarke was picked 8th overall in a strong draft and aside from his skating stride, was extremely well thought of. Where some top D picks (and/or current elite) rank. Note: D+1 is the earliest you could make a squad.

Heiskanen (D+2), Hanafin (D+1), Dobson (D+2), Sanderson (D+3), McAvoy (D+2), Pietro (D+3), Doughty (D+1), Jones (D+1), Bouchard (D+3), Sergachev (D+2)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad