Prospect Info: Sharks Prospect Info & Discussion Thread XX

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
I’m curious if anyone has seen Ozzy play there and know if he’s looking good? If he can find his game, I think he could be a really fun 4th line pest.

Only from clips, I'm not watching the Admirals. It's interesting to me that the Admirals are a much better team than the Barracuda, yet when Wiesblatt showed up in Milwaukee they've handed him power play time and are using him in the top 6, which we did not do. Mostly because he did poorly for us in those situations.

Wiesblatt's got an assist in each game of this series so far and 6 points in 8 playoff games. He seems to be getting a lot of his points by simply crashing the net. Wouldn't mind seeing him do some of that if he comes back.

Hangemhigh

Dec 20, 2013
Is it normal to loan a prospect to other teams and then bring them back? I would think some potential trade partner wanted to get a closer look at Wiesblatt or maybe how he plays in a playoff series.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Is it normal to loan a prospect to other teams and then bring them back? I would think some potential trade partner wanted to get a closer look at Wiesblatt or maybe how he plays in a playoff series.

No, it's not normal at all. In fact, I can't really find many other examples of guys being loaned to the affiliates of other orgs in a non-contract year, period. Least not without unusual circumstances, like anything related to Carolina's weird situation this year.

Loaning players to the AHL clubs of other orgs isn't unheard of. Like, Tampa Bay loaned Gemel Smith to Henderson down the stretch last year in a move I never understood the logic of, but Smith's contract was expiring and he never returned to the Tampa organization. Even transactions like that are pretty rare.

Until something happens to the contrary I do assume Wiesblatt's going to be back in San Jose next year, but it's a pretty unique situation.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Halttunen with a goal on a net-front deflection in a 4-0 London thrashing of Drummondville in each team's first game of the Memorial Cup.

the Knights are back at it on Monday and Wednesday in their other round robin games

Sunday: Saginaw/Drummondville
Monday: London/Moose Jaw (this should be a treat)
Tuesday: Drummondville/Moose Jaw
Wednesday: Saginaw/London

Reactions: sharks_dynasty

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Wouldn’t it be so fitting if we’re looking at Musty being a future 1st line winger, which he may be, but Halttunen ends up being the more lethal winger in that draft class. I realize it’s the OHL, but still, kids lighting it tf up like we knew he would.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Lmfao Halttunen just got called for a “headshot” on Matt Savoie that was literally just “one guy is six inches taller than the other”. Craig Button was going on and on about how it was a ‘blatant headshot’ for several seconds until the replay was shown at another angle where Halttunen’s elbow was clearly tucked in and he used his shoulder like anyone would in a normal boards battle. There was an awkward silence before Button started talking about how important Savoie is to Moose Jaw etc. etc.

Funny stuff.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Lmfao Halttunen just got called for a “headshot” on Matt Savoie that was literally just “one guy is six inches taller than the other”. Craig Button was going on and on about how it was a ‘blatant headshot’ for several seconds until the replay was shown at another angle where Halttunen’s elbow was clearly tucked in and he used his shoulder like anyone would in a normal boards battle. There was an awkward silence before Button started talking about how important Savoie is to Moose Jaw etc. etc.

Funny stuff.
Conventional rule number one of media, is never admit when you're wrong.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Halttunen's goal tonight was solid. Swooped in to a soft spot and rocketed a one-timer past the goalie.

Also the PA/music person in Saginaw is clearly stuck in the early 2000s. Avril Lavigne, Sum 41, pretty sure I heard some Good Charlotte in there, Audiovent...

I'm not complaining, it's just funny. I haven't heard that Audiovent song (the only Audiovent song) since I played whatever version of Madden it was on the soundtrack of. It's the only reason I can even remember the name of the band.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Halttunen's goal tonight was solid. Swooped in to a soft spot and rocketed a one-timer past the goalie.

Also the PA/music person in Saginaw is clearly stuck in the early 2000s. Avril Lavigne, Sum 41, pretty sure I heard some Good Charlotte in there, Audiovent...

I'm not complaining, it's just funny. I haven't heard that Audiovent song (the only Audiovent song) since I played whatever version of Madden it was on the soundtrack of. It's the only reason I can even remember the name of the band.
The radio station around where i live still acts like the late 90's and early 2000 songs are in demand. Any time i would go visit my home town was like going back in time.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
The radio station around where i live still acts like the late 90's and early 2000 songs are in demand. Any time i would go visit my home town was like going back in time.

I'd say this is a case of non-urban Canada being behind the times, but the Memorial Cup isn't even in Canada this year. It's in Saginaw, Michigan.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Asked a scout friend of mine what he thinks of the SJ prospect pool. He sees Smith, Mukhamadullin, and interestingly enough, Eric Pohlkamp as potential future top-half-of-the-lineup guys. Liked Graf and Cardwell as future NHLers.

Cardwell's a guy I really like as a sleeper prospect. He probably projects as a third line sort of player, but arguably his greatest strength is his hockey sense. Smart player. Part of me wonders if he'd be a good complimentary winger to a high-level playmaker someday.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Cardwell's a guy I really like as a sleeper prospect. He probably projects as a third line sort of player, but arguably his greatest strength is his hockey sense. Smart player. Part of me wonders if he'd be a good complimentary winger to a high-level playmaker someday.
He seems like a bottom six core checker with some offensive skill - hopefully a guy you can stick on your third line as an F1 and give you 30 points.

Hopefully he gets a chance next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad