Sharks News/Notes XVII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
So the Sharks need a new:

a) Studio host
b) on-ice/features reporter
c) primary color commentator unless Drew is coming back full-time.

Well, I never went to Journalism school but I imagine that watching the Sharks for years and pretending to be an authority on the internet makes me qualified enough for any of those gigs. If they want to pay to fly me down and find me living accommodations I guess I'd be up for it. I could even cover two of them, bolting out of the studio and running down 3 flights of stairs to get to the benches to do the interviews, then running back up to the broadcast desk that they put in the Tank sometimes to lead the intermission discussion.

:sarcasm:

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Does this make Patrick Marleau Uncle Phil?
Smith when Jumbo picked Macklin over him:

giphy.gif

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
So the Sharks need a new:

a) Studio host
b) on-ice/features reporter
c) primary color commentator unless Drew is coming back full-time.

Well, I never went to Journalism school but I imagine that watching the Sharks for years and pretending to be an authority on the internet makes me qualified enough for any of those gigs. If they want to pay to fly me down and find me living accommodations I guess I'd be up for it. I could even cover two of them, bolting out of the studio and running down 3 flights of stairs to get to the benches to do the interviews, then running back up to the broadcast desk that they put in the Tank sometimes to lead the intermission discussion.

:sarcasm:
He's back (full-time)!

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Scott Hannan is a wonderful person and smart human being. Drew Remenda is a wonderful person but not very bright.

Reactions: DG93

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Announcement of radio analyst(s).

Can assume Smitty and Hanner might be involved. Perhaps Demers PT?

There was some speculation that Tara may continue some interviews (remotely).

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

Saskatoon

Aug 24, 2006
Saskatoon
Just watched this.

Sounds like he's getting dumped because the A's are moving without any regard to the Sharks.

What's crazy that is NBC Sports, until the end of the 27-28 season, is paying so little to broadcast the Sharks, you'd think they could keep Brodie on just for the Sharks.

Never underestimate what a giant corporation will do to save $3

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Does anyone else find this video a little weird? The way it started, with the free speech banner, the Harvey Milk sign and rainbow flag, I thought this was going in a completely different direction--something to do with the Sharks in the community, some kind of initiative.

Instead it's just a hype video for the new season. And yes, good, bring it on! But to me it was off tonally.

Reactions: Sandisfan

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Does anyone else find this video a little weird? The way it started, with the free speech banner, the Harvey Milk sign and rainbow flag, I thought this was going in a completely different direction--something to do with the Sharks in the community, some kind of initiative.

Instead it's just a hype video for the new season. And yes, good, bring it on! But to me it was off tonally.
It's pretty rough

"The San Jose Sharks, we're just like the civil rights movement"

Reactions: coooldude

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad