Sharks News/Notes XVII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
Some interesting tidbits:
  • Short story is that the article mostly quotes Trotz and it's mostly trying to put it on Milstein as a hit piece. "If we had known earlier he wanted a trade we would have been able to do better instead of this AMAZING PLAN we had in place for this CLEARLY FLAWED prospect".
  • One interesting piece is that Trotz says he "was at a bit of a disadvantage" since everyone's goaltending was "set" by the time Aug 2 rolled around -- which sounds like excuse making for the return, which sounds like he thought he should have gotten a better return. k
  • "Mike was very consistent" and "the goal is always, let's do a good hockey trade". I think this squares with the pattern/critique of Grier, which is that he's trying to do a balanced deal as opposed to maximize value, and that means some people think he's leaving too much value on the table, but others praise him for getting deals done.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
"Mike was very consistent" and "the goal is always, let's do a good hockey trade". I think this squares with the pattern/critique of Grier, which is that he's trying to do a balanced deal as opposed to maximize value, and that means some people think he's leaving too much value on the table, but others praise him for getting deals done.
This is an interesting point. I think re: the idea that he's leaving value on the table, yea maybe in a few cases, but just looking at his work in aggregate - it's hard to argue that he hasn't gotten exactly what we've needed at any given point, whether it's picks, cap space, a prospect pool need, or vet insulation.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
This is an interesting point. I think re: the idea that he's leaving value on the table, yea maybe in a few cases, but just looking at his work in aggregate - it's hard to argue that he hasn't gotten exactly what we've needed at any given point, whether it's picks, cap space, a prospect pool need, or vet insulation.

Except for the Weisblatt for Afanasyev trade.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Congrats to Hoshida on being the new host. I don't know anything about him but he seems like a hardcore fan. Considering Brodie was also a hardcore fan, this seems like a nice hiring. Willing to give him a chance. I wonder who the analysts will be and what the chemistry will be like.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad