Sharks News/Notes XVII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Pretty sure Belfour wore no. 20...
Wore both, by the looks of it

s-l1200.jpg

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Brodie seemingly got let go by NBC

Kind of random cost savings move?... Further proof the economy is crap and not resilient like they keep saying

First thing I saw when I got up this morning. That sucks. Just as the Sharks were turning a corner they let Brodie go. I wonder who is going to replace him on Pre and Postgame live. I have a feeling it's Sloan, unless she moved back to Canada.

Reactions: Sandisfan

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Tara Sloan moved to Canada. She announced that earlier this summer

That just makes this Brodie news even worse. I hope they don't have Carlos Rameriz as pre and postgame host. If this is a budget cut thing, maybe they won't even have a pre and postgame show. All the resources seem to be going to the 49ers anyway.

Munnyro

Jul 15, 2013
Sacramento, CA

Kind of random cost savings move?... Further proof the economy is crap and not resilient like they keep saying

I wonder if this is a move due to the As leaving or if it is the 'new' Sharks era. Kind of a wild time right now for sports distribution.

• Wow

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
That just makes this Brodie news even worse. I hope they don't have Carlos Rameriz as pre and postgame host. If this is a budget cut thing, maybe they won't even have a pre and postgame show. All the resources seem to be going to the 49ers anyway.
I believe NBCSSHARKS are contractually obligated to have pre/post game shows.

• Wow

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
I wonder if this is a move due to the As leaving or if it is the 'new' Sharks era. Kind of a wild time right now for sports distribution.
its definitely cost cutting, with teams leaving the area they didnt want to pay him to only cover the Sharks. We are about to get some cast away from the other teams.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Summarizing here rather than Roster thread for posterity.

As of September 1, 2024, the following additions/retentions/departures for the Sharks organization (think I got most of 'em, but might have missed an announcement):

Goalies
Additions: Gabriel Carriere (AHL), Christian Kirsch (draftee), Yaroslav Korostelyov (draftee). Yaroslav Askarov (trade)
Departures: Mason Beaupit (draftee not signed), Devin Cooley (CGY). Eetu Mäkiniemi (UFA/PTO). Beck Warm (UFA). Magnus Chrona (trade).

Defense
Additions: Jeremie Bucheler (AHL), Jake Walman (trade), Sam Dickinson (draftee/ELC), Leo Sahlin Wallenius (draftee), Colton Roberts (draftee), Nate Misskey (draftee); Jimmy Schuldt (free agent), Lucas Carlsson (free agent 2 years), Cody Ceci (trade)
Retentions: Ethan Frisch (AHL); Henry Thrun (2 year deal)
Departures: Calen Addison (no QO/UFA), Kyle Burroughs (trade), Nikolai Knyzhov (UFA/PTO PIT), Jacob MacDonald (COL), Roman Kinal (AHL SDG), Ty Emberson (trade)

Forwards
Additions: Luke Grainger (AHL), Donavan Houle (AHL), Lucas Vanroboys (AHL), Barclay Goodrow (waivers), Macklin Celebrini (draftee/ELC), Igor Chernyshov (draftee/ELC), Carson Wetsch (draftee), Tyler Toffoli (free agent 4 years), Alex Wenneberg (free agent 2 years), Andrew Poturalski (free agent 2 years), Ty Dellandrea (trade 2 years), Carl Grundstrom (trade 2 years). Egor Afanasyev (trade/KHL), Colin White (AHL). Nolan Burke (trade)
Retentions: Anthony Vincent (AHL), Will Smith (ELC), Luke Kunin (1 year), Justin Bailey (1 year), Brandon Coe (1 year), Thomas Bordeleau (1 year)
Departures: Oskar Lindblom (SHL), Cole Cassels (KHL); Alexander Barabanov (KHL), Mike Hoffman (UFA), Kevin Labanc (UFA), Nathan Todd (contract terminated), Ozzy Weisblatt (NSH trade), Jacob Peterson (no QO/UFA SHL Rögle BK), Jack Studnicka (LAK/UFA), Filip Zadina (no QO/UFA), Ryan Carpenter (AHL SDG), Bradley Marek (AHL Iowa), Alex Young (unsigned draftee). Jordy Bellerive (UFA). Tanner Kaspick (UFA), Connor MacEachern (UFA). David Edstrom (trade)

Off ice
Additions: Mike Potenza (rehired), James Collins (AHL VP); Doug Houda and Jeff Ulmer (NHL ACs), Ryane Clowe (AGM), Jaime Garcia (SJB HAT), Tim LeRoy (SJB HEM)
Retentions: Ryan Warsofsky (promoted), Brian Wiseman, Thomas Speer, Nick Gialdini and Cody Ward (retained x 4); Drew Remenda (full time TV analyst)
Departures: David Quinn (PIT), Ray Tufts, Brent Hedican, Scott Gordon; Tara Sloan, Brodie Brazil

Star Platinum

May 11, 2024

I've never been a huge Brodie fan - always felt that his insights were never all that interesting, but I feel for anyone who loses their career. Hopefully he'll catch on somewhere else.

Amen to your comment about the economy. The gaslighting about the economy is the biggest lie going right now.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX

Just watched this.

Sounds like he's getting dumped because the A's are moving without any regard to the Sharks.

What's crazy that is NBC Sports, until the end of the 27-28 season, is paying so little to broadcast the Sharks, you'd think they could keep Brodie on just for the Sharks.

mogambomoroo

Sponsor
Oct 12, 2020

Very very sad news and awful timing. This was the season they needed to push all in on coverage and everything Sharks. Brodie is one of the familiar off-ice faces of the Sharks and I would have loved to watch him tell a story with the season going. Very weird time.

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Guess that means Ramirez takes over for Brodie?
I hope not. When I've seen him on Giants pre- and post-game shows he comes off as too full of himself, a know-it-all who's abrasive (and as the host, not the analyst, he should be more of a traffic cop than inserting his own perspectives so often). And at the same time, I don't know how much hockey he knows since he spent most of his life in Colombia.

Who else is there at NBC Sports to take Brodie's spot? I just see people on Giants games. Is Laura Britt busy with football after the Giants' season ends? Greg Papa does the Niners on radio, right? I saw Dave Benz is back--he's a real pro, so he could possibly be good.

But yeah, I'm very sad to see Brodie go. Very weird that they couldn't find enough work for him on top of the Sharks even with the A's...doing whatever they're doing. But I also wonder if he had an inkling that this could be coming with the way he's leaned much more into his YouTube videos over the past year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad