Speculation: Sharks 2015-2016 Roster Talk: Rumors, Roster, Proposals. Part III ‎

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeThorntonsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I'm sure that Subban will be traded before the start of the 2016-2017 season. This feels like Tyler Seguin all over again.

He has fought 3 of his teammates in practice. This is a fact that has nothing to do with his race.

Hangemhigh

Dec 20, 2013
Seems like a Prima Donna. Seems to have a number of issues with teammates and coaches that have been talked about. Maybe that's just Canadian media blowing it out of proportion but seems like a bit of a red flag to me.

I haven't read that, coaches and players thing. I have read that Kadri has been suspended for being a ******. Do you have an article on PK being a jerk? I think he does seem cocky. But that is common for elite players. Understandable when you have been recognized as the best defenseman in the entire NHL.

I would love PK in teal, but I don't see how it fits the Sharks team cap wise. I don't know why Montreal would trade him. It would be stupid for them.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I'm sure that Subban will be traded before the start of the 2016-2017 season. This feels like Tyler Seguin all over again.

He has fought 3 of his teammates in practice. This is a fact that has nothing to do with his race.

It's happened more than just three times if you include years before this season. The fighting doesn't surprise me. Frustration often boils over in such situation but it does still speak to an issue he may have as a teammate. Don't know if it really means anything to a team that's acquiring him since they're likely to ignore all that.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Seems like a Prima Donna. Seems to have a number of issues with teammates and coaches that have been talked about. Maybe that's just Canadian media blowing it out of proportion but seems like a bit of a red flag to me.

Subban has the best personality in the NHL. He's smart, he's kind, he is amazing in the community, and he takes care of his teammates. He's kinda like Henrik Lundqvist in that sense. Do you think Henrik Lundqvist is a prima donna? If not, I see where your problem is.

Give up anything Montreal wants. Subban is a top-3 defenseman in the league and a perennial Norris candidate. Oh, and he's also the same age as Couture.

JoeThorntonsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Subban has the best personality in the NHL. He's smart, he's kind, he is amazing in the community, and he takes care of his teammates. He's kinda like Henrik Lundqvist in that sense. Do you think Henrik Lundqvist is a prima donna? If not, I see where your problem is.

Is there video of Henrik Lundqvist physically fighting with one of his teammates? How about 3 separate videos?

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Practice fights in contact sports are fairly common and rarely spill over into the locker room. Unless there is some deep personal issues between the combatants. I have no idea how Subban's teammates feel about him but a practice tussle doesn't mean he's disliked in the locker room.

JoeThorntonsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
You wanna provide me with some context? Because this sounds hilarious.

Look up Subban vs Gallagher, Subban vs Pacioretty, Subban vs Desharnais on YouTube

For the record I am in favor of acquiring Subban, I'm the one that suggested him and I agree they should offer pretty much anything, as quality>quantity. But, Subban has had some issues with his teammates in the past and also it seems pretty clear that Montreal wants to trade him

Hangemhigh

Dec 20, 2013

Thanks, I looked it up. Doesn't seem like a big deal to me. Just intense practicing. Thornton would probably love to practice with PK.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I don't think Montreal wants to trade him. Its way too easy to start rumors these days via twitter. Everyone is an insider with sources.

Hangemhigh

Dec 20, 2013
PK seemed fine in the video vs Desharnais. Makes me want PK even more.

Maybe we can trade them Hertl as he broke Couture's leg in practice. One "bad apple" for another.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I think I remember alot of posters here saying that #1 defensemen are hard to come by......hmmm

They are hard to come by. No matter how you nitpick Subban as a person or a player, the reality is that this team is probably not the best trading partner for Montreal with Subban.

pappaf2

Feb 24, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Thanks, I looked it up. Doesn't seem like a big deal to me. Just intense practicing. Thornton would probably love to practice with PK.

He also fought plekanec.

I understand intense practice and things getting heated but fighting with 4 teammates seems more than the average. Maybe it's no big deal but as a GM I would think it would at least give some pause before pulling the trigger on a phenomenal player.

pappaf2

Feb 24, 2009
Bay Area, CA

Give up anything Montreal wants. Subban is a top-3 defenseman in the league and a perennial Norris candidate. Oh, and he's also the same age as Couture.
I haven't had a chance to evaluate all NHL players to know if subban has the best personality of anyone in the league.
As mentioned already he has gotten in altercercations/fights with 4 teammates. I don't think lundqvist has done the same.

Maybe it's not a big deal but it makes me stop and wonder what the problem is.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Hmm...I wonder if there is a trade that makes sense where we send Matt Nieto for a d-man of similar age and then rent Versteeg. I think he'd be a better fit than Nieto on that 2nd line.

Hangemhigh

Dec 20, 2013
He also fought plekanec.

I understand intense practice and things getting heated but fighting with 4 teammates seems more than the average. Maybe it's no big deal but as a GM I would think it would at least give some pause before pulling the trigger on a phenomenal player.

I look at the youtube. It was just aggressive pushing and shoving. I don't see the big deal. I think one of his coaches said PK practices like he is playing a game. So PK being intense in practice is a positive as far as I am concerned.

Kadri was also mentioned as a trade target and Kadri has been suspended by his team. This makes him undesirable to me. The team suspending someone is a big red flag as that person would have probably had many warnings and interventions before being suspended. You are not useful at hockey if you are suspended and teammates have to discipline or babysit you because you are unprofessional.

PK has been mouthy and obnoxious to his opponents. That seems fine to me.

If the Sharks can make a deal for PK they have to do it. If Montreal moves him, they will probably get much more from many other teams.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Hmm...I wonder if there is a trade that makes sense where we send Matt Nieto for a d-man of similar age and then rent Versteeg. I think he'd be a better fit than Nieto on that 2nd line.

Seeing as how Nieto probably has less value than Versteeg, it'd be more worthwhile to use the assets to get Versteeg on the defenseman you're looking for.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Look up Subban vs Gallagher, Subban vs Pacioretty, Subban vs Desharnais on YouTube

For the record I am in favor of acquiring Subban, I'm the one that suggested him and I agree they should offer pretty much anything, as quality>quantity. But, Subban has had some issues with his teammates in the past and also it seems pretty clear that Montreal wants to trade him

Okay, now you're just making **** up. :laugh: The only thing that's "pretty clear" is that Subban is a Norris caliber defenseman and if Montreal is moronic enough to make him available every single team should be all over it.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Seeing as how Nieto probably has less value than Versteeg, it'd be more worthwhile to use the assets to get Versteeg on the defenseman you're looking for.

I don't see how Nieto having less value than Versteeg really changes anything. The point would be to get a d-man around Nieto's age to possibly address the 3rd pairing and then going out and getting Versteeg in a different deal. But it was more of a thinking out loud kind of post so I hadn't done much research on who a possible target would be for the Nieto swap. It shouldn't be anything more than just Nieto ideally but like I said, I hadn't done much looking into it.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Why does everyone want to trade Nieto? And what's wrong with our 3rd pairing?

IIRC We have a top5 record in the league in the last 20 games. Why do you guys want to shake it up?

Brad Boyes would become the new scapegoat just like Nieto is, for some reason, now.

Get a backup and try to give Smith/Torres/Stalock other opportunities elsewhere. Try to go for the big fish but if the price is unreasonable then back off. That's all we really need to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad