GDT: SF - SWE vs CZE May 25, 2024

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Thrilled tbh. Sweden was a bit better but it's a tie game, we've scored 2x which I doubt has happened to them often. A lot of our players look dangerous. We're not sustaing pressure but we are getting chances on counters.

I gotta try one of of these Asahi Dry's.lol

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Thrilled tbh. Sweden was a bit better but it's a tie game, we've scored 2x which I doubt has happened to them often. A lot of our players look dangerous. We're not sustaing pressure but we are getting chances on counters.

I gotta try one of of these Asahi Dry's.lol
I think the game evened up a fair bit after our second goal. We don’t look like we could not score again. Sweden look better and perhaps more likely to score, but they were a lot more dominant in the opening half of the period than in the second half.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I think the game evened up a fair bit after our second goal. We don’t look like we could not score again. Sweden look better and perhaps more likely to score, but they were a lot more dominant in the opening half of the period than in the second half.
Yup.. does feel like we could score. Their goalie looks beatable today. Our PP did look great. PK was good. So lots of things going well. Hoping we are just adjusting because that was 6 periods against North American Gold teams... Swedes play a different (and beautiful) brand of hockey.

matsqq

Jan 3, 2011
Pasternak was useless in the NHL playoffs and useless here.
Pastrnak is the best forward on ice.

On the second goal swedish forwards kept looking at the puck instead of looking where the Czechs forwards were . They could easily have prevented that shot. If they play like that Czechs will win ...

And our goalie let a relatively easy one in from what I could see.

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Is it just me or is Dostal generally looking less rock-solid than he did against the US? Not at fault for the goals conceded though.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
In fairness.. we've also been weak for 15 years.lol
I wish I didn't have to give your post a like, but it's true. Then again, for a weak team to make the semifinals six times in 13 years does not sound that terrible. Maybe we are less completely bad than we always make out to be? Every year, we Czech fans usually sound like we barely expect the team to make the quarterfinals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad