Euro: SF: England v Denmark, 7/7/2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 305909

We are going to have a proper final now. Italy-Denmark would have been another France-Croatia.

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
Yeah. That does obviously have a lot to do with the early subs too. Very fair and all that and not disadvantageous to one team at all apparently.

Delaney looked like he was done in the first half. England is the better team and are deservedly in the finals but there's a very bitter taste to this victory.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
England got robbed when they scored a goal
Against Germany and crossed over line and wasn't counted. There are countless bad calls in soccer history where a game was decided. Hand of God etc. Move on.

Reactions: Tuggy

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Denmark was riding on emotion for most of this tournament and were clearly exhausted.

Even if the pen wasn't given it would have been a heroic effort to keep England from scoring at the end. Sucks they didn't have the chance to actually try to push it to a shootout though.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Danes are gassed...

So whose brilliant idea was it again to schedule a quarterfinal game in Baku?

Should of sent England out there. Haha.

But UEFA made sure England had a comfortable path with 6 of the 7 games at home. Pretty easy on the body when you don’t have to travel much.

The 5 sub rule was going to help the bigger nations as well. Just more overall depth and quality.

Congrats to Denmark. Great effort and run to get to this point.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Tough call for the final.

I’ve always had a soft spot for England (went to British school, my Dad was born in England) but the hysteria is a bit much.

This is a likeable Italian team but it’s still an Italian team.

I expect some high drama and controversy on Sunday.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
If someone tells me which Scottish person is on TSN I'll tell you if they're an idiot or not

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
So there were two balls on the pitch to top off that awful penalty?

LOL

Italy, you better save the Europe and the whole world on Sunday.

I imagine Gary Lineker is also going to shut his mouth about that penalty despite being pretty vocal arguing in twitter for every other call during the tournament.

Last edited:
Reactions: QuietContrarian

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
We are going to have a proper final now. Italy-Denmark would have been another France-Croatia.

England at home. UEFA and the refs have already ensured they went to the finals. Why stop there. I fully expect Bonucci or Chiellini to get red card with another dive leading to a PK for England.

Reactions: BMann

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Delaney looked like he was done in the first half. England is the better team and are deservedly in the finals but there's a very bitter taste to this victory.

Nah I won't really go that far. It's wrong. This is the only time in modern football where a team got to play this many tournament games in one stadium. They didn't even have to travel except once to play a terrible team and their opponents had to go all over the place. It's a hilarious joke is what it is.

Reactions: BMann

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
Forza Italia. No shame at all from the pundits already covering up the serial diver winning an awful decision.

Not forgetting 1966 when the South American teams were all cheated. Brazil hacked off the park. Rattin sent off for asking abouta decision by the little dictator Kreitlein. And Uruguay, Schnellinger saving the ball on the line. No handball or sending off. Embarrassing. But no. Only other teams cheat. England are whiter than white.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad