Euro: SF: England v Denmark, 7/7/2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Ah this Italy team is fine. And by fine I mean I’m their biggest fan Sunday.

I'll never cheer for Italy. They are the lesser of two evils for this French Canadian, but I absolutely DESPISE Italian football.

I'll watch Copa and root for you. Now that Messi is a free agent, I can root for him to get an international title ;)

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I didn't think it was a penalty after looking at the replay, but it is what it is. I think Italy will win as they've come toe to toe with some of the favorites and came out on top

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Nah I won't really go that far. It's wrong. This is the only time in modern football where a team got to play this many tournament games in one stadium. They didn't even have to travel except once to play a terrible team and their opponents had to go all over the place. It's a hilarious joke is what it is.

Sorry I need to correct myself. This is the only time it happened except when England hosted Euro 96 and got to do the exact same thing. None of the other hosts ever get to do this. No favoritism at all there.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

Number 5 clearly clips Sterling's leg.

Your link doesn't work to me, but I've seen like 5 different angles, as did everyone and not a single one showed a foul.

Celebrate all you want, but there's no need to lie or give excuses. That was an awful dive and never a penalty.

Reactions: luiginb

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I've had money on Italy since the start of the tournament. Also have money on Phoenix in the NBA. Looking good so far

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I'll never cheer for Italy. They are the lesser of two evils for this French Canadian, but I absolutely DESPISE Italian football.

I'll watch Copa and root for you. Now that Messi is a free agent, I can root for him to get an international title ;)

Oh it's going to be fun to see all those people complaining about diving cheering for Italy's diving

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
England got robbed when they scored a goal
Against Germany and crossed over line and wasn't counted. There are countless bad calls in soccer history where a game was decided. Hand of God etc. Move on.
VAR was actually implemented so things like that doesn't happen again. But VAR covered the referee today for that garbage call. The system doesn't work.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
That's exactly the type of stuff VAR was instituted to overturn
Yes because the ref is bound to make mistakes on stuff like that.
But who was in front of the VAR screen exactly?
Who had the balls to tell the ref he made the right decision without even asking him to take a look?

Reactions: luiginb

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Denmark can thank their manager for pretty much killing any chance they had to win the game.

I think the players had no energy left tbh. They went from Copenhagen to Amsterdam then back to Denmark because they make you go to your base because of covid, then out to Baku and back to their base and then to London.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Bummed the Danes couldn't pull it out with how well they played the first 80, but they ran out of steam. So ultimately it's probably better England tries to stop Italy.

Anyways, really happy for our english regulars on here & those players.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Oh it's going to be fun to see all those people complaining about diving cheering for Italy's diving

Italy are the grandmasters of diving.

Raheem Sterling:

9eedfd2186c4047adf6c8d7e4e50f49323d10b0d.gifv

Reactions: Jussi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad