Sergei Bobrovsky and Artemi Panarin appreciation thread

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
MOD NOTE:
please remember this is an ‘appreciation’ thread. You don’t have something nice to say about one of the guys, just leave it unsaid. You don’t have anything nice to say about either, don’t post in this thread.

report-bobrovsky-panarin-to-meet-with-panthers-on-monday__714843_.jpg

It was a pleasure to witness you two wearing the Jackets uniform.

The greatest goalie and the greatest forward this team ever had.

Many franchise records broken, many accolades achieved.

Thanks for your effort and great memories. Good luck in your new endeavors.

9 & 72 ♥️

Last edited by a moderator:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I was debating making the appreciation thread for Bob. He certainly deserves one. Not so certain of Panarin, he wasn't here long enough, even if he was our most talented player in franchise history. So, due to that, a brief thanks to Panarin.

Bob was awesome. 2 Vezina's, 7 years, and one of the many pillars that helped lift the team out of the basement. I'm going to stick to mostly positive things here, because I'm sure people will come in here and talk about the negatives instead, but about 90% of the 7 years was filled with the most excellent play from a goalie we've ever seen in Columbus. He grew with the franchise, and both the player and team are in a better spot because of it. Great trade by Howson to get him, and great play and commitment by Bob on and off the ice to reach elite tier status of goalies in the league, something probably nobody thought possible when we got him. I certainly didn't.

Without question the best Blue Jacket of all time, to date.

Thank you Bob, and good luck in Florida. I hope he leads them to great successes, just not against us.

3 of my favorite saves of his (there would be more but HF only allows three so)

Last edited:

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Both did what they could on the ice even though everyone knew they were leaving so you gotta respect that.
Losing Panarin is definitely more upsetting but thats more due to him being more needed on the ice. Was treated great in his short stay but he earned the chance to sign with anyone so good luck to him moving forward.

As for Bob... Im happy for him. Was an absolute beast and carried this team on his back for years. The whole "playoff Bob" thing was stupid so im happy he should get more oppurtunities to show he is the best in the buisness and not get left on an island so often. Dude was a monster in net and easily 1 of my top 3 favorite Jackets players of all time. Good on ya for getting paid and best of luck going forward

Also have members of 2 seperate teams ever hugged on the ice before? :laugh: I feel like after the tribute Foligno has to hug him

Reactions: ViD

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Bread may have been pissed off by the trade here but if he was he never showed it, great pro and instead of packing it in and whining like a Carter, he came to the rink and wowed the fan base in a way that we hoped Zherdev would've.

One thing I've wondered for awhile and especially today given their new contracts, how did the now second highest paid goalie and second highest paid player in the league both go undrafted?

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Bread may have been pissed off by the trade here but if he was he never showed it, great pro and instead of packing it in and whining like a Carter, he came to the rink and wowed the fan base in a way that we hoped Zherdev would've.

giphy.gif

Always played happy

Reactions: Alex K

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
2 time Vezina winner, for the Bluejackets no less! You knew you had a chance to win when Bob was in net and will be sorely missed. I wish nothing but the best and wouldn’t object if his number went to the rafters.

Panarin was an absolute joy to watch, a true game breaker when he was on the ice.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
If only Bob's ego wasnt hurt by that advice to seek counselling about his choking in the PO. If only Artemiy didnt have such a hot gf who couldnt stand Cbus..

Thanks guys.

The road ahead doesnt answer any questions.

WashedUp

Mar 28, 2014
Not buying it with Bread, he left $20 million on the table to get out of here, who does that!? He’s a pro, he did his job while he was here but he couldn’t wait to leave and to a division rival no less!! Sorry I don’t wish him well especially when we’ll be battling them for a playoff spot. Fill the place with boos the way they did Nash as far as I’m concerned!!
Bob on the other hand, good for him he found some sucker to pay him $10M a year. No way he’s worth that!! But I’ll wish him well, he was a good goalie, a head case but a good goalie

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
I'm glad this thread is keeping the appreciation theme, hope it doesn't devolve.

Bob was one of the best goalies in the NHL during his time as a Blue Jacket.
He was a pleasure to watch, and kept the CBJ in many games they didn't deserve.

Panarin, he was a game breaker. Involved in some of the most exciting plays in the last couple years.

I thank them for their service to the CBJ, and wish them luck in their new homes.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
I wish them all the best except when they play Columbus or when their team is competing for a playoff spot with Columbus. Hopefully they don't win a Cup unless it's after Columbus winning a Cup.

Sabo0290

Lost along the wing
Aug 28, 2015
Dayton
Thanks for helping make a push and win a series. I'll never forget that, too bad ill never forget what a killer team we could have had... Best of lucky in Miami and New York fellas.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Something that literally hasn't happened since Patrick Roy in Montreal, the dude quite literally walked out on the CBJ team. Was NOT on a day off or a tough practice/talking to from Torts. It WAS during a game. He isn't some peewee leaving a spring league game early so his dad can take him to baseball. BUT, no big deal though, right? PLEASE!! Who knows what really happened and what was said, and who knows just how bad it affected the team, but it should be proof that the "great teammate" (and probably "hard worker") stuff is all just PR fluff. NO? Name literally 1 more similar situation involving the modern day NHL? Berglund doesn't help your case.

Ok, "It is what it is", and supposedly everybody says that and it means nothing, well fine, but somebody at least explain to me, what is IT...? I'd be willing to bet the "drama" or "issues" were there before way before last summer/training camp/last year. He should have been traded 2 years ago when his value was probably the highest. Hopefully the truth (any interview/comments) comes out, but I wont hold my breath, and I am sure people don't like me saying all of this even though it is the truth and the facts. Vezina-this and Vezina-that, the truth is the goalie plays behind the entire team. There is also this somewhat subtle and/or underlying theme behind these Vezina's that makes the truth so much harder for you guys to swallow and so much harder for me to keep calm about. The idea or perception that many have of ( not just Bob's) Vezina winners, that they "carry" the team they play on. Sometimes it is the case, I'd argue most of the time, and with Bob, it IS NOT.

If people haven't caught on yet, most of the players I supposedly (or do) "hate" seem to get a disproportionate amount of credit for the teams success for the vast majority of time they are on the CBJ. Not only that, but the team/other player are most of the time always seen as the reason for whatever negative thing is occurring anywhere near said player, and they are never seen as, the or a problem. But, near the end of their time with the CBJ or soon after they are gone, people quickly see the TRUTH about the true impact they had on the team and really cant continue and do stop making the same claims they have always made in defense of these players. Same story here with Bob. Just add him to the list. Give it time.

I expect to get much amusement and become fully vindicated in the next couple years regarding the goalie situation with both FLA and the CBJ....Bye-Bye Bobby!!

Carry on with the appreciation.

Reactions: ThisIsMyAlibi

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Bread was the master of 3 on 3 overtime. You knew that if the game went to overtime we would win.

Bob is the greatest Jacket in the short history of the team.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Two of the best (arguably the two best) to lace them up for the CBJ.
I hate to see them go, but I would not have paid Bob the contract he got (so good for him) and Bread gave it his all but he wanted to be somewhere else.
Will be impossible to replace them, my best guess is we will play some ugly (like NYI last season) hockey for a year or two.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad