Blow this team up already!

Budz22

Sep 18, 2018
ACC1224 when Marners NMC being discussed
1714430863922.gif

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
This video makes a pretty convincing case that Nylander was talking to Matthews.

Who cares?

It was a bitchfest. They were all pointing the fingers at each other. Nobody taking the responsibility themselves.

The product of a team lacking accountability.

Mike4Leafs4ever

Feb 22, 2020
Here is my order of business to blow things up if Leafs lose:

1) Fire Shanahan
2) Fire Keefe
3) Keep Tre (cannot screw our off-season like last years sudden firing of Dubas).
4) Trade Tavares to a bottom feeder that agrees to buy him out and then sign him back for $2m or less. JT will agree to this only if he knows he is coming back.
5) Use the extra $9-10M to get a top end goalie (eg offer sheet Swayman for $10-11M, if the Bruins match we screw them on their CAP. Swayman may do it because he clearly does not want to do the tandem thing. 4 firsts is worth it. Or trade for Ulmark - same reason being he does not want to be in a tandem.
6) If cannot get a stud goalie, re-sign Sammy for cheap as #2 (Woll#1, Jones/Hildeby #3/#4).
7) Re-sign Domi, Bertuzzi and Edmunson.
8) Use the remaining Cap to get 1-2 stud D in free agency - Tanev, Pesce, Montour,
9) Offer Marner Willy's deal ($11.5M x 8), take it or leave it.

Reactions: ashs

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Here is my order of business to blow things up if Leafs lose:

1) Fire Shanahan
2) Fire Keefe
3) Keep Tre (cannot screw our off-season like last years sudden firing of Dubas).
4) Trade Tavares to a bottom feeder that agrees to buy him out and then sign him back for $2m or less. JT will agree to this only if he knows he is coming back.
5) Use the extra $9-10M to get a top end goalie (eg offer sheet Swayman for $10-11M, if the Bruins match we screw them on their CAP. Swayman may do it because he clearly does not want to do the tandem thing. 4 firsts is worth it. Or trade for Ulmark - same reason being he does not want to be in a tandem.
6) If cannot get a stud goalie, re-sign Sammy for cheap as #2 (Woll#1, Jones/Hildeby #3/#4).
7) Re-sign Domi, Bertuzzi and Edmunson.
8) Use the remaining Cap to get 1-2 stud D in free agency - Tanev, Pesce, Montour,
9) Offer Marner Willy's deal ($11.5M x 8), take it or leave it.
You were doing so well until #9. Marner needs to be gone.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Who cares?

It was a bitchfest. They were all pointing the fingers at each other. Nobody taking the responsibility themselves.

The product of a team lacking accountability.
Been going on for years...................and what does The Shanaplan do..............give raises to AM and WN.......crazy.

Keefe, should have been fired years ago......the list goes on and on..........obviously big changes this summer.

Reactions: ToneDog and yubbers

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Since they drafted Matthews, they only have added Lilj and Knies via the draft on their current roster. When paying that much for 4 Forwards, needed some younger guys to come in and fill roles.
and Holmberg and Robertson.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Maybe. We don’t know for sure. It’s all speculation.
why would he call out Matthews. He was at least throwing the body and getting in puck battles unliek WIlly.

why would he call out Matthews. He was at least throwing the body and getting in puck battles unliek WIlly.
So the guy that missed 2 games due to headaches is calling out AM for what exactly?

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012

So the guy that missed 2 games due to headaches is calling out AM for what exactly?

Hey man don't get upset at me. I am just speculating on the same video you are.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Somewhat unrelated, but when our revisionist roster door opens, my heart sinks when I think of the players we traded or let go and what they signed/re-signed for elsewhere and the qualities they possess:

Zach Hyman (6'1"), Jared McCann (6'1"), Carter Verhaeghe (6'2"), Mason Marchment (6'5"), Dakota Joshua (6'3")...

There's an element of..."seriousness"...perhaps? that we're lacking when considering needs and chemistry and playoffs hockey.

How did we get the above so wrong?

I believe everyone else, but it is nice to see McCann and Marchment are still growing.

Reactions: seventieslord

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
Yeah unfortunately Rielly is really a #3 right now one a good team. He eats minutes on the Leafs because they have no other options.

He was never great defensively but he was ok when he was younger because he could skate well enough to make up for some of his mistakes. Now that he has lost half a step he's brutal. Very low hockey IQ player and complete muffin shot so he's useless on the PP.

He's still decent at rushing the puck up ice but that is about it. Luckily he's only signed until 2030.. lol.
They’ve got to try and get him to waive his NMC to free up that cap space for a legit top pairing dman. Not going to be easy though.

Reactions: HolyCrap

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Somewhat unrelated, but when our revisionist roster door opens, my heart sinks when I think of the players we traded or let go and what they signed/re-signed for elsewhere and the qualities they possess:

Zach Hyman (6'1"), Jared McCann (6'1"), Carter Verhaeghe (6'2"), Mason Marchment (6'5"), Dakota Joshua (6'3")...

There's an element of..."seriousness"...perhaps? that we're lacking when considering needs and chemistry and playoffs hockey.

How did we get the above so wrong?

Kyle Statsman Dubious

he's a shitty captain.

You're not in the room so have literally no idea what kind of captain he is.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
JT can stay at a severe discount. 4M year...and he has to drop the C to Matthews.

Why the hell would Matthews be captain? He has never been the captain at any level he has played at, but you think he should be made captain of an NHL team? Why, exactly?

Reactions: ToneDog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad