GDT: ECQF/ Game 5 - Florida Panthers vs Tampa Bay Lightning, 7pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Thank God at least they changed the rule where you can challenge those now, I recall when if the goal was waived off like that for a time you could not even challenge it. I believe its still true if a minor is called, would have been worse if they called him for GI and 2 mins

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Are people seriously disputing that? He crossed right through the goalie crease
He didn't even touch bobvroski he missed the save cause he was trying to see around the screen. If they would have called that a goal on the ice and Panthers challenged it they most likely call it a good goal.

Reactions: YukonCornelius

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I mean all of the contact was right at the edge of the crease with the Panther on the other side and Bob pushed up to the top of it. I think that's pretty tough.

Put it this way if it was called a goal on the ice I doubt Florida would have challenged.

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
It's really a simple call.

You're not entitled to cut between a player and the crease. The defender is absolutely allowed to just stand there, which he did. Just because the attacker is trying to spin off him doesn't mean he can spin into the crease.

There wasn't a ton of contact and Bob clearly made the most of it, but there was still contact so there was zero chance it was going to get reversed.
The 'contact' was brushing against Bob. Didn't even do enough to move him in the slightest. Weak ass calls in a weak ass league that hates any kind of physical contact these days.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
He didn't even touch bobvroski he missed the save cause he was trying to see around the screen. If they would have called that a goal on the ice and Panthers challenged it they most likely call it a good goal.
Yeah he did when Bob tried to go through him he was in the crease which the goalie has the right to otherwise teams would just have a guy stand in the crease to impede the goalie from making a save there.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
Are people seriously disputing that? He crossed right through the goalie crease

It’s definitely the correct call, any contact at all in the case (even minor) is prohibited.

> 69.3 Contact Inside the Goal Crease - If an attacking player initiates contact with a goalkeeper, incidental or otherwise, while the goalkeeper is in his goal crease, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad