Seravalli comes in hot with an all-time tone deaf season prediction

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Frank is a idiot and this goes along with his previous behaviour. These clowns don't report anything these days they just look for attention and clicks. Society as a whole sucks compared to where we were even 20 years ago compared to respect.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
I don’t like Seravalli at all so I don’t care to defend him.

But it’s clear people are misunderstanding what he’s saying. He meant that Gaudreau is going to be looking down from heaven and spiritually influence the lottery. That’s different from “this team will be terrible thanks to this guy dying.”

It’s not that big of a deal.
I honestly struggle to understand how someone could interpret what he said as anything but the former here.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
he's not a good writer. So that's why I don't think he meant it in the way people are screaming about in here.

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I 1st read it as with little help from Gaudreau they will win 1st OA, I thought that was pretty tasteless but rereading it, it said with a little help, that's not as bad as some seem to be making it out to be.

I don't see the outrage in saying maybe he can drop some luck on the Jackets from heaven.
Or is everyone just stuck on outrage now?

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
Tasteless and unprofessional for sure, but not malicious... overall I think it was unnecessary to bring Gaudreau into this... and it was worded very poorly. I don't think he should be a writer.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
So if Columbus doesn't get the first overall, either there's no heaven or he doesn't care about CBJ getting the first pick?

Just a dumb thing to put into print, however he meant it.
orr what if there is a heaven and J.G knows the 3rd OA will be the best player who brings a cup to Columbus? who is to say

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Is it ok to call it tasteless and unprofessional, and something that you would expect from an 8th grader to say with good intentions?
for sure, but the level of outrage should match no? I am seeing posters say the guy should lose his job over this.
People make mistakes and mean something 1 way and it comes across totally different, so why not call the guy out of his poor phrasing and move on, not have people actually outraged enough to try and get him fired

Reactions: majormajor

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I can't stand Seravalli, who knows little about Columbus.

But he did note that the Jackets have never won the draft lottery (they have never won it despite the greatest odds of winning it). He's better informed than I thought.

Obviously he meant in his first sentence that Gaudreau in heaven will help give the Jackets some luck. That's how I read it the first time, seems rather obvious. I'm surprised people are misreading this.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
for sure, but the level of outrage should match no? I am seeing posters say the guy should lose his job over this.
People make mistakes and mean something 1 way and it comes across totally different, so why not call the guy out of his poor phrasing and move on, not have people actually outraged enough to try and get him fired
Probably comes from most people not thinking the guy deserved the highly coveted job he has in the first place.

Its like the 4th liner who hasnt scored in 50 games who took a dumb penalty late in the third to cost his team the game.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
the reactions in here are like, 10 times worse than the awkward phrasing. some of you reeeeaaaallly need to go outside.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Obviously he meant in his first sentence that Gaudreau in heaven will help give the Jackets some luck. That's how I read it the first time, seems rather obvious. I'm surprised people are misreading this
Thats how we all read it. Its not about how he said it. Hes saying that JG is goint to help the jackets win the lottery while in heaven. The comment is just in poor taste.

Reactions: Viqsi

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Probably comes from most people not thinking the guy deserved the highly coveted job he has in the first place.

Its like the 4th liner who hasnt scored in 50 games who took a dumb penalty late in the third to cost his team the game.
to be fair almost all traditional media is that 4th liner who just cost us the game now lol

SteelCityCannon

Mar 25, 2017
I don't find it as offensive as some. "The Blue Jackets with some help from above win the lottery and try to put tragedy behind them."

Worded wrong, sure. I usually like to look at intent, and this has the absence of malice.

But the whole world is soft and complains about every single thing, so I am not surprised at the reaction.
Mental gymnastics defending this one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad