Post-Game Talk: Sens sign David Perron 2 years, 4M per

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
Ottawa has the worst GM in the league again. It is brutal. He is 36 years old!

Holy fu*k they traded Chychrun for peanuts to make space for Perron? Yikes

Reactions: SENStastic

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
30 even strength points last year with most common linemates (5v5) Raymond and Larkin. 36 years old with 4 straight years of declining production.

Not sure what this buys us ......
I don’t think he’s all that good anymore, and they likely brought him in mostly for culture reasons and not wanting too much term on players.

But he can help our PP2 and he’s good along the boards which we could use. Staios talked a lot about habits and professionalism though and I think this one was probably a lot about bringing in a guy who will make sure they’re preparing properly and practicing hard etc.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
30 even strength points last year with most common linemates (5v5) Raymond and Larkin. 36 years old with 4 straight years of declining production.

Not sure what this buys us ......
I think some context is missing here,

While his most common linemates were indeed Raymond and Larkin, he also spent almost twice as much time away from each of them (about 550-600 mins each) than he did with them (around 250-300 each)

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
This signing is a firm C-

He isn't particularly good on the ice without stars, is a PP merchant, and was a dirtbag against Zub, who is our 2nd most important defender. Exactly what was the logic behind this? Like you're better off taking a chance on Oloffson at $1 million and hope he hits 15g than spending cap on a declining Perron.

We still need to sign Pinto and sign a defender for our bottom pairing

Reactions: SENStastic

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Calling him a dirtbag is i guess understandable when standing up for the team as a fan. But its not the interpretation i would put on that play as an impartial observer. If we saw our Captain splayed out on the ice everyone here would be demanding someone do something. And i dont believe for a second you would use that term if Perron did that defending Brady even if he shot first and asked questions later again. Players often fight each other as opponents and then come together when teammates. They get over it

Reactions: BondraTime

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Calling him a dirtbag is i guess understandable when standing up for the team as a fan. But its not the interpretation i would put on that play as an impartial observer. If we saw our Captain splayed out on the ice everyone here would be demanding someone do something. And i dont believe for a second you would use that term if Perron did that defending Brady even if he shot first and asked questions later again. Players often fight each other as opponents and then come together when teammates. They get over it
Staios literally said that incident was indicative of his passion and caring about his teammates or something to that effect. Said Andlauer joked that their stalls need to be next to each other so they can sort it out.

Nothing burger imo and management obviously feels that way.

StutzlesNumber1Fan

Jun 19, 2024
Fine middle 6 option who will hold teammates accountable. I'm fine with it now that Pinto is signed. Perron - Ridly on the 3nd line could be a bitch to play against lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad