Prospect Info: [2024 - 134th] Mikus Vecvanags (G) - HS Riga (LAT)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Blainville picked a goalie. So I guess either they are going to trade goalie for goalie plus, or that finally it was never Blainville to begin with?

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Good luck being destroyed every game now. Lapointe is just a kid who's playing an adult role.

Other than not being the original plan (and affecting @Whitesnake 's saturday nights) does it have an actual impact on his development by being drafted by Acadie-B. instead of Blainville-B.?
A bad team vs a better one. Better installations vs a team who you always wonder if they are going to leave mid-season. Crap city vs better environment closer to Laval and Montreal.

No...nothing special...no real impact....

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
Guys we can’t expect every draft to go our way, we must have used all our luck with the last one

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Easy there buddy

In all seriousness Bathurst has produced some pretty good NHL players (Bergeron, Noah Dobson etc...) and it's not like Blainville is some factory of NHL players :laugh:
I lived 30 minutes from there. Been there. Not my type of city. But don't worry, we all lived in a crap city for somebody else. Most importantly, I'm talking about the organization and the menace that they'll leave every year.

As far as producing players....no idea how using a guy that was there 22 years ago proves a point. Also, Acadie has been there since 98. Blainville since 2011....something tells me that one team had more years to produce players.

And other more infos...Acadie has usually (apart from the last 2-3 years) been able to finish worst than Blanville since Blainville came in. So they had better draft picks. And let's give them something, tehy seem to have a much better scouting group. So is development really a thing here? Maybe.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
I lived 30 minutes from there. Been there. Not my type of city. But don't worry, we all lived in a crap city for somebody else. Most importantly, I'm talking about the organization and the menace that they'll leave every year.

As far as producing players....no idea how using a guy that was there 22 years ago proves a point. Also, Acadie has been there since 98. Blainville since 2011....something tells me that one team had more years to produce players.

And other more infos...Acadie has usually (apart from the last 2-3 years) been able to finish worst than Blanville since Blainville came in. So they had better draft picks. And let's give them something, tehy seem to have a much better scouting group. So is development really a thing here? Maybe.

You can't call the city crap and then claim you aren't talking about the city :laugh:

How you feel personally seems irrelevant either way since you aren't the one playing there. Of note, Dobson was not 22 years ago and is better than any player produced by BBA, but you ignored that bit. And if Bathurst leaves he'll play his hockey in the other market? Jake Allen played in St. John's and it didn't seem to disturb his development too much being moved.

And I'll leave you with this which is just facts based. These two teams compete year in year out for the same trophy handed out in May. So far only one of them as won that trophy, and that's despite being in a "crap" city.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
You can't call the city crap and then claim you aren't talking about the city :laugh:

How you feel personally seems irrelevant either way since you aren't the one playing there. Of note, Dobson was not 22 years ago and is better than any player produced by BBA, but you ignored that bit. And if Bathurst leaves he'll play his hockey in the other market? Jake Allen played in St. John's and it didn't seem to disturb his development too much being moved.

And I'll leave you with this which is just facts based. These two teams compete year in year out for the same trophy handed out in May. So far only one of them as won that trophy, and that's despite being in a "crap" city.
I didn't say I didn't say that...Didn't I say that I lived nearby and didn't like it? Yes, it's a crap city. But that's for me. Great if you love it. To each their own.

You talk about facts and you compare Bathurst records to Blainville while they have a 13-years head start. You ignored that bit.

See, here's the thing.....I'm pretty sure that I have never said that just 1 thing will be a reason why a guy can't develop there. I'm pretty sure that my argumentation is based on different points. Clearly, you took offense of one criteria and build your entire argumentation over it....

Everybody can develop anywhere if they are good enough. Thing is...if we have A CHOICE.....do you take a place where you can be closer to facilities and development teams that makes more sense?
You don't recognize how the franchise is struggling. While having NO competition around? While Blanville might not be on top either but that might have to do with having the Rocket and the Habs nearby.....

dauv

Sep 23, 2022

30 mins from Bathurst, curious where? Caraquet, Tracadie, Dalhousie, Miramichi? I grew up in Bathurst (left in '99)

I tend to agree with your statement about the city itself not much there anymore especially since the mines closed but the Titans for most of their tenure have been a more successful franchise than Blainville.

Bathurst: 2 Q titles and 1 Memorial Cup & 2 Q Final losses, since '98 (26 seasons)
Blainville: 2 Q Final Loses, since 2010 (14 Seasons)

Obviously the cities don't compare, I moved from Bathurst to Montreal and was ecstatic when I left, there really isn't anything there. I don't think Bathurst has much runway left as a franchise, there just isn't any way for them to generate corporate revenue. I truly believe they will move out of Bathurst eventually (i think within the next 2-5 years)

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
30 mins from Bathurst, curious where? Caraquet, Tracadie, Dalhousie, Miramichi? I grew up in Bathurst (left in '99)

I tend to agree with your statement about the city itself not much there anymore especially since the mines closed but the Titans for most of their tenure have been a more successful franchise than Blainville.

Bathurst: 2 Q titles and 1 Memorial Cup & 2 Q Final losses, since '98 (26 seasons)
Blainville: 2 Q Final Loses, since 2010 (14 Seasons)

Obviously the cities don't compare, I moved from Bathurst to Montreal and was ecstatic when I left, there really isn't anything there. I don't think Bathurst has much runway left as a franchise, there just isn't any way for them to generate corporate revenue. I truly believe they will move out of Bathurst eventually (i think within the next 2-5 years)
Lived In Grande-Anse and Paquetville for 2 years. I'm just not a fan of industrial cities. Like Bathurst and St. John who I visited and just hated it.

Again, though I have no idea why we bring the past in this. In the past you mention, there was actually no mentions of Acadie having to move. Now, it's every year. They could have won 10 Mem Cups, it doesn't change what it is now. There is no comparison to Acadie today and what it was when Bergeron was there. Or not even when Dobson was there.

I did not write that article.

Blainville and Acadie sucks in attendance. But it makes more sense for Blainville with everything that is around. Mind you, Blainville might also lose their team and maybe even sooner than Acadie....but right now, the facilities are better, the fact that it's close to the Habs management makes it better...and the surroundings are better. It's just a fact.

Reactions: dauv

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad