Post-Game Talk: SENS & PENS, Monday in Halifax 6pm. (TSN5)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I want to re-unite Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson, Tkachuk-Stutzle-Giroux is just too good. I don't know how we can break those 3 up.
I'd like to try Tkachuk Stutzle Tarasenko.
Preseason is the perfect time
Giroux Norris Batherson ... try it when Norris gets back

K1900L

Dec 27, 2019
Korpisalo somehow able to facilitate this 2 goal lead for the Sens.
I don't think there was any moment the last couple of years where I felt confident about the team's ability to defend, certainly hasn't changed this preseason.

Reactions: SensFactor
Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Korpisalo somehow able to facilitate this 2 goal lead for the Sens.
I don't think there was any moment the last couple of years where I felt confident about the team's ability to defend, certainly hasn't changed this preseason.
Team Defense depends most on everyone buying into a good defensive system.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Uh huh, by constantly you mean one extra time a game,
A 4th line losing a Dzone faceoff after an icing leads to problems. 1 or 2 less 90 second shifts of 4th liners chasing the Matthews, Pasternak and Kucherov of the league can be the difference between a win and a loss.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Any line with with Stutzle will work.

And Brady-Norris-Batherson was one of the best lines in the league.

So with that and Giroux-Stutzle-Tarasenko

that gives us two of the best lines in the league.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
A 4th line losing a Dzone faceoff after an icing leads to problems. 1 or 2 less 90 second shifts of 4th liners chasing the Matthews, Pasternak and Kucherov of the league can be the difference between a win and a loss.
Except that specific situation isn't happening one or two fewer times, there is one fewer faceoff wins on average per game, of those, a fraction is after an icing, and a fraction of that is against a top line and a fraction of those result in sustained pressure. And that's all assuming a huge gap in fo% of 58% vs 42%.

If everything else is equal, sure you go with the guy who is better on the draw, but what I'm commenting on is the hyperbole when it comes to the importance of faceoffs. A guy like Kastelic plays about 15 shifts a game and you're boiling it down to the importance of one, I'm more worried about their impact over all 15 shifts as a whole

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Except that specific situation isn't happening one or two fewer times, there is one fewer faceoff wins on average per game, of those, a fraction is after an icing, and a fraction of that is against a top line and a fraction of those result in sustained pressure. And that's all assuming a huge gap in fo% of 58% vs 42%.

If everything else is equal, sure you go with the guy who is better on the draw, but what I'm commenting on is the hyperbole when it comes to the importance of faceoffs. A guy like Kastelic plays about 15 shifts a game and you're boiling it down to the importance of one, I'm more worried about their impact over all 15 shifts as a whole
Kastelic is 58%. As for faceoffs. Casey Czikas took 460 or D zone faceoffs as a 4th line centre last year.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Kastelic is 58%. As for faceoffs. Casey Czikas took 460 or D zone faceoffs as a 4th line centre last year.
Ok? Doesn't change anything I said, all the numbers I used were based off Kastelic specifically.

You're still wildly exaggerating the impact of his fo% on a game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad