OT: Sens Lounge -The four seasons edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Gotta get back to that one, haven't played since a very disappointing launch. It's been long enough now that I'll just run a new playthrough.
Apparently it's still not recommended for play on PS4, you should only play it on the PS5 or PS4 Pro if you're on PlayStation

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Ice cores from Antarctica show that at the end of the most recent ice ages, show the concentration of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere usually started to rise only after global temperatures had begun to rise,

There is uncertainty about the timings, partly because the air trapped in the cores is younger than the ice, but it appears the lags might sometimes have been 800 years or more.

This proves that rising CO2 was not the trigger that caused the initial warming at the end of the ice ages.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Apparently it's still not recommended for play on PS4, you should only play it on the PS5 or PS4 Pro if you're on PlayStation

Correct. Or PC Obviously.

The game has been completely reworked more or less and there is DLC now too. Runs like a dream on my PS5.

I kind of ran out of steam with Elden Ring. I stopped right after I think the Librarian boss? Never really attempted Radhan.

I was a massive Dark Souls guy but had trouble staying engaged with Elden Ring. Need to give it another go.

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
Ps5 is life!

The game has been completely reworked more or less and there is DLC now too. Runs like a dream on my PS5.

I kind of ran out of steam with Elden Ring. I stopped right after I think the Librarian boss? Never really attempted Radhan.

I was a massive Dark Souls guy but had trouble staying engaged with Elden Ring. Need to give it another go.
Just starting a new run to prep for the dlc if you want someone to help you through! Just wrapped up a tidy ds3 run last week, such a great gane

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
things to ponder
1) I have grown tomatoes from seed and am now in generation 2 (These seeds are the grandchildren of the original source).

Low yield, difficult to succeed. The issue; very poor root generation. It is as if the plant does not want to exist. Buy shoots, no issue. Why? Hormone accelerators!! chemicals on the seed and the plant. And when the tomato does developed, it is far less pretty, far less perfect.

2) I harvested sunflower seeds from the prettiest mid height sunflower (I once knew its name, but age does a number on you). It has been a nightmare trying to get them to grow the last few years. And when they do, they do not resemble the source plant. Way less majestic. Way more BLAHHHH. Why? hormone accelerators, chemicals on the seeds and shoots.

3) I propagated grape vines. Difficult. Why, hormone accelerators are needed. It takes forever for them to move from tiny to large.

4) I made compost from leaves/greens and "food waste". The food waste was vegetables and fruit. Chemically laced. The compost was used to grow lemon trees , avocados and general garden use. Result? success. Chemicals.

5) I made compost from leaves/greens. Exclusively from my garden (and neighbour's.. you have no idea of how silly you feel asking you neighbour to give you their collection of weeds and unrooted old plants). No chemicals (they do not allow us to spray). So purely organic. Way less successful.

6) I save all house and decorative plants/flower plants. Nurse them through winter and they re-bloom. No where near as pretty, as full, as elegant. Much more crude, much more blahh..Chemicals.

We are a chemical society, existing only because the DuPont's and BDM's and others. Watch Curling, see the commercials being run. Curling is popular with framers. See the ads. high yield seeds, pest control, etc.

if you are wondering how your 20 year old grand son/daughter is 5'10" to 6'5" tall when you and your wife are 5-4 to 5 -10 and your children are 5-5 to 5-11. Hormone accelerators. Look down at their feet, size their size, now look at their hands, see their size.

Compost needs to be a mix, compost that is just garden waste will never be as good, that's just science.

A lot of things are helped by chemicals, yes, but in the other things you mention it is just one of many factors.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Does ps4 pro make that much of a difference? I like my ps4 but should I consider upgrading to pro? (Not a fan of ps5 for ui and controller reasons)

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
things to ponder
1) I have grown tomatoes from seed and am now in generation 2 (These seeds are the grandchildren of the original source).

Low yield, difficult to succeed. The issue; very poor root generation. It is as if the plant does not want to exist. Buy shoots, no issue. Why? Hormone accelerators!! chemicals on the seed and the plant. And when the tomato does developed, it is far less pretty, far less perfect.

2) I harvested sunflower seeds from the prettiest mid height sunflower (I once knew its name, but age does a number on you). It has been a nightmare trying to get them to grow the last few years. And when they do, they do not resemble the source plant. Way less majestic. Way more BLAHHHH. Why? hormone accelerators, chemicals on the seeds and shoots.

3) I propagated grape vines. Difficult. Why, hormone accelerators are needed. It takes forever for them to move from tiny to large.

4) I made compost from leaves/greens and "food waste". The food waste was vegetables and fruit. Chemically laced. The compost was used to grow lemon trees , avocados and general garden use. Result? success. Chemicals.

5) I made compost from leaves/greens. Exclusively from my garden (and neighbour's.. you have no idea of how silly you feel asking you neighbour to give you their collection of weeds and unrooted old plants). No chemicals (they do not allow us to spray). So purely organic. Way less successful.

6) I save all house and decorative plants/flower plants. Nurse them through winter and they re-bloom. No where near as pretty, as full, as elegant. Much more crude, much more blahh..Chemicals.

We are a chemical society, existing only because the DuPont's and BDM's and others. Watch Curling, see the commercials being run. Curling is popular with framers. See the ads. high yield seeds, pest control, etc.

if you are wondering how your 20 year old grand son/daughter is 5'10" to 6'5" tall when you and your wife are 5-4 to 5 -10 and your children are 5-5 to 5-11. Hormone accelerators. Look down at their feet, size their size, now look at their hands, see their size.

Nutrients on your soil are probably off, as well. It's not enough to have fertilizer. You also need the right mix of natural chemicals and nutrients and all that.

That's one of the reasons why old school gatherers used things like the three sisters planting method.

Reactions: maclean

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008

Ya I gotta try Cyberpunk again. I have been messing around with Fallout and Starfield on the Series X whenever the baby goes to bed. I was one of the day one Cyberpunk guys, played it on the brand new PS5. November 2020 those were the days. I have played the updated version it looks sweet and looks amazing on my tv.

As a side note anyone want to take to the skies and play War Thunder with ya boy??? Trying to build a squad

Reactions: Relapsing

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
Does ps4 pro make that much of a difference? I like my ps4 but should I consider upgrading to pro? (Not a fan of ps5 for ui and controller reasons)
Pro gets you 4k resolution and some performance upgrades, but not nearly on the level of the PS5

Reactions: Icelevel

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
If you can find one cheap, I found it worth the upgrade, before I moved on to PS5 and Series X. I don't know how much I would invest in that now.

Framerate benefits were often noticeable, which is usually what I go for over resolution.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
If you can find one cheap, I found it worth the upgrade, before I moved on to PS5 and Series X. I don't know how much I would invest in that now.

Framerate benefits were often noticeable, which is usually what I go for over resolution.
I don’t have a 4K tv but I’m thinking about it for performance improvements. Looks like I can upgrade for pretty much no money. Pros sell for close to what originals sell for.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I don’t have a 4K tv but I’m thinking about it for performance improvements. Looks like I can upgrade for pretty much no money. Pros sell for close to what originals sell for.
In that case, I think the benefits are worth it, especially if you're genuinely not interested in a PS5 as you mentioned. You can get frame rate improvements by sticking with your 1080p tv. If you had a 4k tv and really wanted to max out resolution as the priority, you'd just lose those frame benefits anyways.

I'm all aboard the 4k train, but still choose performance over resolution as a rule, and with 4k in general, I find it's far more diminishing returns than previous gen jumps were. Even the PS5 isn't hitting 4k/60 with regularity and feels more like an extension of the PS4, similar to the Pro imo.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Betty, Betty and Mary Anne for the win.
1718192012537.png

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
hey Tnuoc,

where there not rumours some 25 years ago, that the actress that played Mary Anne was involved in drug dealing? and then a few years later, she got busted for the Hippie Lettuce?

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Recently got very stoned around some rcmp officers and some fairly important people. It's still surreal that I can just... Do that without consequence.
Awesome. It's wonderful isn't it. I've seen it out there a lot here. Lawyers, Doctors, elected officials, grandparents, conservatives, etc.

I was never much of a drinker and have always leaned more towards Cannabis, so it's been nice to see the attached stigma mostly die out as it always felt like such a strange double standard where it needed to be hidden to a certain extent.

I still vape and/or eat edibles before every game I play. Highly recommended lol.

• Love

Beech

Nov 25, 2020
Awesome. It's wonderful isn't it. I've seen it out there a lot here. Lawyers, Doctors, elected officials, grandparents, conservatives, etc.

I was never much of a drinker and have always leaned more towards Cannabis, so it's been nice to see the attached stigma mostly die out as it always felt like such a strange double standard where it needed to be hidden to a certain extent.

I still vape and/or eat edibles before every game I play. Highly recommended lol.
come back home to Ottawa. Then take a drive into Native territory in Quebec. A solid 25 stores in a 10 KM stretch.

We were coming back from a Cabane a sucre in the Northern Laval area and decided on the scenic Quebec route, through Hawkesbury and back home. Wahh, entrepreneurs!!!

As she was dying of cancer, she was on CBD oil (Chemo does a number on your joints) and edibles. They helped. But the faces on some of the people in the store where she would buy it.... that is not healthy for us as a society. I hope everyone is right and it is harmless!!!!

Reactions: maclean

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
come back home to Ottawa. Then take a drive into Native territory in Quebec. A solid 25 stores in a 10 KM stretch.

We were coming back from a Cabane a sucre in the Northern Laval area and decided on the scenic Quebec route, through Hawkesbury and back home. Wahh, entrepreneurs!!!

As she was dying of cancer, she was on CBD oil (Chemo does a number on your joints) and edibles. They helped. But the faces on some of the people in the store where she would buy it.... that is not healthy for us as a society. I hope everyone is right and it is harmless!!!!
I am sorry about your wife. I know you've referenced that before. Not easy losing those we love. My mom leaned on Cannabis through her chemo/cancer journey too, and it helped with some things. It's definitely not doing miracles, but it can help some small things.

I look at it like any vice. Use in moderation and with common sense, and you'll be fine. With Alcohol legal and pushed so heavily, it seems pretty minor to me in comparison, but it's all an individual experience. All the worst decisions I've made and the worst I've felt were while/after drinking, not while smoking pot. If anything, the slight anxiety from it has kept me risk averse while stoned.

I think the big thing is kids. I was a pothead from the time I was 13 and I think there were certainly negative sides to going down that road so young that are undeniable. As an adult, it's a much healthier relationship, and I currently take no prescriptions which everyone around me seems to take in high numbers, so I feel like I'm doing okay. I can't believe how many people I know that are taking adhd, anti anxiety or anti depressant meds full time.

Last edited:
Reactions: coladin and maclean

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad