OT: Sens Lounge LXXV | Future Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invidious

May 12, 2014
It's just brilliant. I almost cried during the scene where Russo is on the phone with his daughter in front of her house.

That entire episode is so intense.

I love Corey Stoll (the actor who plays Russo) now. I'm hoping that he gets some more notable work moving forward.

Mr Invidious

May 12, 2014
I hated him at first but by the end it pretty much broke my heart. That's what makes a great show.

What I love about the show is that it's forcing a younger audience who may not have seen a ton of Kevin Spacey's work to recognize his greatness.

One of my all-time favorite actors and he is nothing short of brilliant in the role. I'm expecting him to win a few Emmy's as a result.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
What I love about the show is that it's forcing a younger audience who may not have seen a ton of Kevin Spacey's work to recognize his greatness.

One of my all-time favorite actors and he is nothing short of brilliant in the role. I'm expecting him to win a few Emmy's as a result.

Yep, I'm gonna have to check out some of his other stuff. He is brilliant. Frank is one of my favourite characters ever.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
I hate Frank so much, yet I can't look away. I want him to die or somehow have his plans turn to crud. That's a sign that Spacey has done a great job with the character. Evil jackass.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Still haven't been able to will myself to watch past the first few episodes. I think the breaking of the fourth wall is getting to me.

Orange Is the New Black, though — fantastic stuff.

Mr Invidious

May 12, 2014
Yep, I'm gonna have to check out some of his other stuff. He is brilliant. Frank is one of my favourite characters ever.

Check out:
Se7en (Seven)
The Life of David Gale
LA Confidential
The Usual Suspects
American Beauty

I hate Frank so much, yet I can't look away. I want him to die or somehow have his plans turn to crud. That's a sign that Spacey has done a great job with the character. Evil jackass.

I root for Frank every step of the way. I just love him too much despite knowing that his intentions and actions are quite immoral. :laugh:

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Played the Destiny alpha for the first time today. It was awesome.
The game is very beautiful graphically. It feels a lot like Halo, but more fast-paced. I like the variety in characters and weapons so far.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Played the Destiny alpha for the first time today. It was awesome.
The game is very beautiful graphically. It feels a lot like Halo, but more fast-paced. I like the variety in characters and weapons so far.
So jealous, wish i had a ps4 right now :(

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Still haven't been able to will myself to watch past the first few episodes. I think the breaking of the fourth wall is getting to me.

Orange Is the New Black, though — fantastic stuff.

We are working our way through OITNB season 2, and it is really good so far. I did not take this show serious at first, but about half way through season 1 it started getting exceptionally good.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
We are working our way through OITNB season 2, and it is really good so far. I did not take this show serious at first, but about half way through season 1 it started getting exceptionally good.

I find that the characters in that show are all guilty of making the absolute worst decisions possible to move along the plot.

Its still a fun ride though.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
My wallet is going to be hurting in September.

Destiny.
NHL 15.
FIFA 15.

All within 2-3 weeks.

Same here. I have no money right now, and I probably won't be getting a summer job, but I'm looking forward to:

NHL 15
Destiny
Last of Us PS4

And would also like to play inFamous Second Son which I haven't gotten around to.
That's just to name a few.

Christmas is going to be fun for once I guess.

Mr Invidious

May 12, 2014
Unfortunately, I can't imagine any of you will be seeing me around much until July.

Off to Toronto for the World Championships tomorrow. Going to be the busiest, most hectic two weeks of my life. Wish me luck.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I find that the characters in that show are all guilty of making the absolute worst decisions possible to move along the plot.

Its still a fun ride though.

Funny thing is though, it's based on an actual biographical account.
I haven't read the book because I don't want to spoil the show, and I'm sure there is some artistic license on details - but the actual person is listed as a producer credit if I recall correctly.

I still need to start watching season 2. Have fallen behind on shows the last couple weeks.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Funny thing is though, it's based on an actual biographical account.
I haven't read the book because I don't want to spoil the show, and I'm sure there is some artistic license on details - but the actual person is listed as a producer credit if I recall correctly.

I still need to start watching season 2. Have fallen behind on shows the last couple weeks.

Yup, it is. They get some parts of prison life wrong, and they create extra tension in the couple's relationship, but the core of the story is true.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Happy Fathers Day, dads.

BqJyuutCEAAwq9d.png:large

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad