Speculation: Sens, Lebreton, and the NCC part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
If Melnyk was to be working out a deal for partnership, is it possible it is just for the real estate development and not as part of the team? I still cant bring myself to discount the idea that Melnyk really does plan on riding it out for a few years of debt repayment. As much as i hope he goes.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
They got the donuts? Excellent....
Things are getting spicier with Cyril Leeder being named the first ever CEO of Myers Automotive Group, responsible for overseeing operations of the company and developing a long-term strategy. What sort of operations and long term strategies does he have experience at? Hmmmm...

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Things are getting spicier with Cyril Leeder being named the first ever CEO of Myers Automotive Group, responsible for overseeing operations of the company and developing a long-term strategy. What sort of operations and long term strategies does he have experience at? Hmmmm...

Perhaps I am missing the link but..what does Leeder being named CEO of Myers Automotive Group have anything to do with Sens ownership change? Myers aren't NHL owner rich AFAIK.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
Your grasping at nothing!

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

Thanks for the info. Interesting.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
837652.gif

Reactions: gab6511

NorthCoast

May 1, 2017
I don't see that as 'slimy' at all. New ownership could conceivably want a clean slate to work with. I'm not advocating this, just thinking that it makes some sense. New owners ask PD to maximize the return on any player that they don't feel like committing to right now. New ownership could ride the honeymoon period and sell hope and then the team is competitive by the time Lebreton is ready to go.

Or, new ownership comes in and does it openly aligned with a marketing strategy that focuses on the future. Either way, it could turn the franchise around in under 3 years.

The other issue that I wonder about now is the whole 'character in the room' issue. Never in a million years would I have guessed about Randy Lee or Hoffman's GF's alleged activities. As outsiders, we have no idea how messed up that locker room is right now. For all we know, Stone, Duchene and Karlsson are the problem. I'M NOT SAYING THAT THEY ARE. Lol. Just saying that this other stuff took everyone by surprise. Who knows what's really going on in that room. As fans, we project unto the players the personalities that we wish them to be. We have no clue what they're like. Maybe that locker room needs a clean slate. Who knows?

I like Do Make Say Think's take better. I am hoping for a professional ownership group that does it's homework and makes great decisions. I would be alarmed by any new group that is making decisions before even getting their hands on the team to acquire first hand knowledge of what's going on with the roster. I prefer the Shannahan model even if it means being directionless for a season while you figure out which direction to go.

And I do feel that any collaboration on hockey ops with the previous ownership is playing with fire if I am new ownership. Anything you want to do now you can easily do after the sale, and really kind of pointless to try and do now as everyone will know where those directions came from if a sale came shortly after would they not?

Take a Bath Son

Jan 15, 2018
Camp opens on September 13 and nothing has surfaced yet.

This is looking to be another wondercarrot.

What I find amazing (not in a good way) is how little has been done to change the direction of this franchise in the near term. Management has literally done nothing except when forced to, and then they do the bare minimum. They were abysmal last year and with any other team you would be seeing wholesale changes. We have seen next to nothing in terms of trades, coaching changes etc... The only action we have seen is related to some disaster of one type or another and their hand was forced.

Its as if they are asleep at the wheel and I sincerely hope this is due to pending ownership change because if it is not, these guys are running this franchise to the ground.

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
Before training camp or before the season starts?
I believe the plan is for season beginning. But, things are quite complicated as you can imagine. There are so many moving parts to this deal. It’s not a cash infusion and sign some papers. There are shareholders, both sides. They need to elect chairman’s, ceo, coo etc. They need to agree on percentage which is still being determined as the family now possibly has some extra players they are bringing in. It’s a complicated deal and will take some time still. We need to be patient and in the end we will be happy as supporters and fans.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
It doesn't cost anything to be hopeful about the situation. We'll all be bummed regardless if the situation remains the same, but hope? Well, that shit floats.

Reactions: pzeeman

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
They got the donuts? Excellent....
I believe the plan is for season beginning. But, things are quite complicated as you can imagine. There are so many moving parts to this deal. It’s not a cash infusion and sign some papers. There are shareholders, both sides. They need to elect chairman’s, ceo, coo etc. They need to agree on percentage which is still being determined as the family now possibly has some extra players they are bringing in. It’s a complicated deal and will take some time still. We need to be patient and in the end we will be happy as supporters and fans.

Has anyone in this thread been close on who the prospective new family might be?

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury

Man o man this is encouraging news, and I'm much less skeptical today than I was a month ago that this might actually happen...

What a beautiful way to start the season if true.

Take a Bath Son

Jan 15, 2018
Has anyone in this thread been close on who the prospective new family might be?

its a good question. To my knowledge, the only 2 people that he has not ruled out that were mentioned in this thread are the mattamy owner and the brigil owner. Based on his comments, my guess is they are creating an OSEG like structure to team ownership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad