Speculation: Sens, Lebreton, and the NCC part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Players get moved for futures all the time. Especially at TDL.

Who's gonna give us picks and prospects without sending back money back for players that need contracts and are all looking for 8 per at the minimum?

The team acquiring Duchene/Stone/Karlsson needs to have the cap space to extend him.

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
Well MySens has been boasting about having insider knowledge so him pulling that off sort of validates that he isn't some lunatic in a basement.

It doesn't mean much else but it was pretty epic how he just posted the pic in response to the usual suspects spewing incessant vitriol and everyone was o_O. To be fair to the usual suspects, it certainly seemed likely that MySens was just some random dude who likes to type too much.
Thanks, I think! I am real, in actual life, real down to earth, really humble, and you would never associate me with any of my wealth or material things. I have been having fun here, coming out very pompous and something that I have created. But, all, connections, business, or personal stories are real. The connections and associations with all whom I have mentioned are real. The not so real is the ass and concede that I spew. It’s for fun. Take this for what it’s worth!

Reactions: Pancakes Pancakes

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Thanks, I think! I am real, in actual life, real down to earth, really humble, and you would never associate me with any of my wealth or material things. I have been having fun here, coming out very pompous and something that I have created. But, all, connections, business, or personal stories are real. The connections and associations with all whom I have mentioned are real. The not so real is the ass and concede that I spew. It’s for fun. Take this for what it’s worth!

It was meant as a compliment for sure. I loved seeing the pic, trying to figure out what was going on and then understanding "holy **** it's mysens!"

Definite highlight of the month :laugh:

Reactions: Brethers

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Im not expecting EM to sell, I think it will be new investors in team, just not sure what percent they will get.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Im not expecting EM to sell, I think it will be new investors in team, just not sure what percent they will get.

as much as i want melnyk gone, i am as a fan willing to accept this compromise if it means keeping our big 3, getting league average management and some public speaking/crisis management classes for every employee

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
as much as i want melnyk gone, i am as a fan willing to accept this compromise if it means keeping our big 3, getting league average management and some public speaking/crisis management classes for every employee
If Melnyk losses control and then fades into the background never to be heard from again...then I'm ok with him having a minority share.

Reactions: Rand0m

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Thank you and to who ever else has some faith in me. This whole EK thing has me shaking me head. I am still in my travels and obviously still following things here and keeping in contact back home for business related issues or just talking to my friends/colleagues. There is nothing else to add. The talks have been on going, negotiating numbers for the purchase and trying to figure out how they will proceed regarding ownership percentage. All this nonsense of EK talks is the same crap a couple of months back that took place, all the while I was telling everyone to chill, nothing is happening and it was all smoke in mirrors. Then it comes out, it wasn’t even close. So, by me coming back here and telling you what I know, turns into some people going bonkers and seriously making themselves look like the little kids at the play ground who can’t play with anyone because they are little cry babies. I remain, as I posted a few days ago, something big is coming that will make all of you including myself very happy and hopefully turn the usual negative nellies into supporting fans. So, to all who have even a little faith in my posts, thank you, to all the others who have an issue with my world, well, so be it, there are way way more big fish in the pond and it doesn’t bother me one bit, in fact, it inspires me!
Thank you my sens you put hope in brain. If he have a deal and Karlsson stay i pay you a beer when i go to see live.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I don' think any fan here has any knowledge of what Ottawa is doing because I don't think Ottawa knows what they are doing from day to day, anyone who says there is a plan behind the scenes isn't paying attention to the complete gong-show the Ottawa Senators have been.

There's no master plan, there's just reacting to bad situations and trying to keep that sand in your hands.

Reactions: Rand0m

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
I don' think any fan here has any knowledge of what Ottawa is doing because I don't think Ottawa knows what they are doing from day to day, anyone who says there is a plan behind the scenes isn't paying attention to the complete gong-show the Ottawa Senators have been.

There's no master plan, there's just reacting to bad situations and trying to keep that sand in your hands.

That's a pessimistic assumption. I find it hard to believe, as terrible as they are, that Melnyk and PD are sitting on their ass and not promoting hard with season tix drive at an all-time low. They are upto something, and there are guys like Mysens who have been consistent with their tidbits (rumours). After a while, like a hockey fan starved for wins, I chose the optimistic route. Elliott Friedchicken, Lardy Bruce Garrioch, et. al. are all speculating. And Bill Daly confirmed rumours of an offer for the Sens, after that Pagnotta (who just pulled an epic bitch move today) posted the rumour as been an on-going negotiation.

In summary, something is up!

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
That's a pessimistic assumption. I find it hard to believe that, as terrible as they are, that Melnyk and PD are sitting on their ass and not promoting hard with season tix drive at an all-time low. They are upto something, and there are guys like Mysens who have been consistent with their tidbits (rumours). After a while, like a hockey fan starved for wins, I chose the optimistic route. Elliott Friedchicken, Lardy Bruce Garrioch, et. al. are all speculating. And Bill Daly confirmed rumours of an offer for the Sens, after that Toronto guy posted the rumour as been an on-going negotiation.

In summary, something is up!

Isn't something always up? When you have 25 reporters focusing on the Sens alone something is always going to be up.

My point is more related to player talk about signings and trades, I don't think anyone has any inside info because the Sens a have no plan - Simmer reported a EK deal was done and then it was reported it was far from done. Stone was supposed to be named Captain and sing an extension, didn't happen. Ek is supposed to be secretly negotiating with Ottawa of a deal that will be signed when Melnyck leaves, don't believe it.

Is the team in the process of being sold, maybe, but again, I doubt it's sold before the 2019 season is over.

I just don't believe any more rumours or speculation or insiders because 1 will be right and 149 will be wrong - that doesn't mean something is up, it means 150 people are creating news out of nothing so they get a weekly paycheque.

Reactions: Upgrayedd

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Isn't something always up? When you have 25 reporters focusing on the Sens alone something is always going to be up.

My point is more related to player talk about signings and trades, I don't think anyone has any inside info because the Sens a have no plan - Simmer reported a EK deal was done and then it was reported it was far from done. Stone was supposed to be named Captain and sing an extension, didn't happen. Ek is supposed to be secretly negotiating with Ottawa of a deal that will be signed when Melnyck leaves, don't believe it.

Is the team in the process of being sold, maybe, but again, I doubt it's sold before the 2019 season is over.

I just don't believe any more rumours or speculation or insiders because 1 will be right and 149 will be wrong - that doesn't mean something is up, it means 150 people are creating news out of nothing so they get a weekly paycheque.

So you believe Melnyk and PD are just sitting on their ass atm? What do you think they are up to? Getting drunk behind Wellington Diner dumpster over patron leftovers?

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
So you believe Melnyk and PD are just sitting on their ass atm? What do you think they are up to? Getting drunk behind Wellington Diner dumpster over patron leftovers?

I think they are doing their best, that doesn't men there's a plan for success - they said they were going into the summer with a plan but it's clear there is no plan. Dorion's first summer press conference is him saying he didn't want to trade Hoffman within the divison and 1 hour later Hoffman is traded within the division, then the next time we see Dprion he says he didn't know about the Hoffman situation but he did hear the rumours - does that sound like a man in control or with any type of plan?? He's doing his best, but that doesn't mean anything.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
New theory: If a new owner is on the horizon, they may want to start with a clean slate. If I were buying the team, I would be tempted to unload EK, Stone, Duchene, Anderson and build a team with all of the picks and prospects coming in (plus the talent already on the way Drake, Formenton, Gustavsson, Tkachuk, Brown, etc). If that's the case, the shedding of the top stars can be blamed on Melnyk. Melnyk takes all of the blame and the team sells tickets based on hope for the future. The new owners would get a honeymoon period and the fans could possibly accept the loss of the top stars because the team is starting over with new stable ownership. The team then becomes highly competitive in a few years, timed perfectly with the move downtown.

Just a theory, but as I say, if I was the new owner I would be mighty tempted.

To be honest, this makes the most sense long-term.

We aren't competing against Toronto and Buffalo over the next 3-5 years. we have some nice prospects, but none of them are strong bests to be top line players or game-breakers.

The most logical action, is to tear it down and rebuild. Get some good young players and high picks, and then have an exciting team that's on the way up in 5 years when we finally open the doors to the new arena in Lebreton.

NorthCoast

May 1, 2017
New theory: If a new owner is on the horizon, they may want to start with a clean slate. If I were buying the team, I would be tempted to unload EK, Stone, Duchene, Anderson and build a team with all of the picks and prospects coming in (plus the talent already on the way Drake, Formenton, Gustavsson, Tkachuk, Brown, etc). If that's the case, the shedding of the top stars can be blamed on Melnyk. Melnyk takes all of the blame and the team sells tickets based on hope for the future. The new owners would get a honeymoon period and the fans could possibly accept the loss of the top stars because the team is starting over with new stable ownership. The team then becomes highly competitive in a few years, timed perfectly with the move downtown.

Just a theory, but as I say, if I was the new owner I would be mighty tempted.

Theoretically this might be tempting to a new owner but in reality this would be a horrible decision and I would be very concerned with any new ownership group that thought like this.

Essentially, the fanbase is running the current owner out of town (all his own doing don't get it twisted) for penny pinching and not keeping our stars...primarily EK. So, as a new owner, who just spent 600-700 million on the team, you are going to make a deal with the current hated owner, to have him do exactly what got the fans so irate in the first place.

What are the chances EM keeps his mouth shut and this doesn't get out? Keep in mind, you just invested hundreds of millions on a multi-decade investment.

Not saying that there isn't merit to your point. But I feel that there is too much of the fanbase that would react on emotion first. Plus, do we really want new owners who's first move is to do something slimy behind the fans back?

NorthCoast

May 1, 2017
To be honest, this makes the most sense long-term.

We aren't competing against Toronto and Buffalo over the next 3-5 years. we have some nice prospects, but none of them are strong bests to be top line players or game-breakers.

The most logical action, is to tear it down and rebuild. Get some good young players and high picks, and then have an exciting team that's on the way up in 5 years when we finally open the doors to the new arena in Lebreton.

Read my post above on my hopefully owners don't do this.

Honestly...we're probably headed in this direction anyways. We're a non-playoff team right now as it is. If only one of Duchene/Stone/EK leaves we are probably a bottom-five team for the next few years anyways baring some miracle turnaround in goal or multiple youth have major breakouts. So they will already be in "rebuild-mode" in all but name anyways.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I get in trouble when I read posts that want to make me rage so I just... Use that option that we aren't supposed to talk about
giphy.gif

Reactions: YouGotAStuGoing

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Theoretically this might be tempting to a new owner but in reality this would be a horrible decision and I would be very concerned with any new ownership group that thought like this.

Essentially, the fanbase is running the current owner out of town (all his own doing don't get it twisted) for penny pinching and not keeping our stars...primarily EK. So, as a new owner, who just spent 600-700 million on the team, you are going to make a deal with the current hated owner, to have him do exactly what got the fans so irate in the first place.

What are the chances EM keeps his mouth shut and this doesn't get out? Keep in mind, you just invested hundreds of millions on a multi-decade investment.

Not saying that there isn't merit to your point. But I feel that there is too much of the fanbase that would react on emotion first. Plus, do we really want new owners who's first move is to do something slimy behind the fans back?
I don't see that as 'slimy' at all. New ownership could conceivably want a clean slate to work with. I'm not advocating this, just thinking that it makes some sense. New owners ask PD to maximize the return on any player that they don't feel like committing to right now. New ownership could ride the honeymoon period and sell hope and then the team is competitive by the time Lebreton is ready to go.

Or, new ownership comes in and does it openly aligned with a marketing strategy that focuses on the future. Either way, it could turn the franchise around in under 3 years.

The other issue that I wonder about now is the whole 'character in the room' issue. Never in a million years would I have guessed about Randy Lee or Hoffman's GF's alleged activities. As outsiders, we have no idea how messed up that locker room is right now. For all we know, Stone, Duchene and Karlsson are the problem. I'M NOT SAYING THAT THEY ARE. Lol. Just saying that this other stuff took everyone by surprise. Who knows what's really going on in that room. As fans, we project unto the players the personalities that we wish them to be. We have no clue what they're like. Maybe that locker room needs a clean slate. Who knows?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I think it makes more sense for new partners to say "let's see what we are playing with before making any big decision" rather than "sell high what you can sell high".

If I'm coming in and the team has Stone, Karlsson and Duchene: three very good/excellent players all under 30 I want to keep them unless the team is a total disaster.

Reactions: Sensung and pzeeman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad