Speculation: Sens, Lebreton, and the NCC part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Absolutely the team needs to get downtown and tap into the Gatineau area. An NHL team in Ottawa should be a NCR team. More francophone involvement is critical to future team success.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
When it will be announced? Do you think Karlsson sign with this partnership?
It’s a done deal when this falls into place. He wants to stay here and start his family. The big money coming will allow them to front end load the contract. We all need to be patient. This doesn’t happen over night and there are many many moving parts.

Reactions: SenatorKarlsson

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
I hope it was Desmarais and Laliberté have 60%. John Ruddy 25 % and Melnyk for is daughter 15%. And after name Alfie président and Philips co gm

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
I hope it was Desmarais and Laliberté have 60%. John Ruddy 25 % and Melnyk for is daughter 15%. And after name Alfie président and Philips co gm

Sounds like Melnyk will retain management control even if he doesn’t own the majority share of the team (not uncommon in partnerships and JVs).

That’s just my read of the rumours though. I have zero insider information.

Reactions: coladin

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
It’s a done deal when this falls into place. He wants to stay here and start his family. The big money coming will allow them to front end load the contract. We all need to be patient. This doesn’t happen over night and there are many many moving parts.

Well the sale better be done well in advance of the trade deadline lol.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Sounds like Melnyk will retain management control even if he doesn’t own the majority share of the team (not uncommon in partnerships and JVs).

Ho that will be bad. I don t think change everything if Melnyk stay in management

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017

You really believe that investors are going to plunk down massive amounts of money to have Melnyk continue to retain management control based on the wonderful job he's done running this team into the ground and his toxic relationship with the fanbase?

REALLY?

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
You really believe that investors are going to plunk down massive amounts of money to have Melnyk continue to retain management control based on the wonderful job he's done running this team into the ground?

REALLY?
The new partners will do a clean sweep of management. Dorion’s end is near, cant wait!

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
If you we’re close to the source as I am, would you jeopardize your personal relationship, business relationship, your reputation as being a snitch to satisfy some forum member who wreaks of entitlement by pretty much demanding the family involved. You speak of human nature. I guess your human nature includes being a snitch and ruining any relationship you’ve cultivated in order to get the almighty glory. Yikes.

And you're full of crap. So many people repeating the same rumor, and no one has the balls to name a name. You think you're the only "insider" in the city, and any names dropped would go directly to your front step? You aren't that important. Get over yourself.

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
The new partners will do a clean sweep of management. Dorion’s end is near, cant wait!

I don't think we can entirely blame Dorion when it's clear Melnyk has been the one really making the decisions. Just like people used to give a lot of crap to Murray until he passed and we saw what this franchise looks like when Melnyk isn't reigned in. I'm not saying Dorion is great but I'm not saying he's that bad either. I'd be more than willing to give him a trial period with a proper supporting cast instead of just getting rid of him ASAP.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Absolutely the team needs to get downtown and tap into the Gatineau area. An NHL team in Ottawa should be a NCR team. More francophone involvement is critical to future team success.

Gatineau will always prefer the Habs.

Quebecers are brainwashed into it. I am just lucky I did not grow up in Canada or else I'd probably be a Habs fan.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
I don't think we can entirely blame Dorion when it's clear Melnyk has been the one really making the decisions. Just like people used to give a lot of crap to Murray until he passed and we saw what this franchise looks like when Melnyk isn't reigned in. I'm not saying Dorion is great but I'm not saying he's that bad either. I'd be more than willing to give him a trial period with a proper supporting cast instead of just getting rid of him ASAP.
Dorion has made some unforced errors too. I don’t think new owners will want to even risk having a trial period with him.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
And you're full of crap. So many people repeating the same rumor, and no one has the balls to name a name. You think you're the only "insider" in the city, and any names dropped would go directly to your front step? You aren't that important. Get over yourself.

Dude relax. He's established his cred with the mods and he has been stead fast since the start that he can't/won't reveal the family. A few posters around here have been serious dicks about it and so he's giving you guys the gears a bit in response.

The truth is that there are several ungrateful and entitled posters in here that no one would feel good sharing info with. Just because you lack patience doesn't make it a mysens problem, and given some of the attitudes around here, you're getting exactly what you deserve from him.

Just as an aside, breaching someones confidence doesn't take "balls", it takes a lack of integrity.

Reactions: coladin

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Dorion has made some unforced errors too. I don’t think new owners will want to even risk having a trial period with him.

He's also a brand new GM and was a finalist for GM of the year a few years ago. I'm not sure that it's wise to give up on him so soon. Unlike any of our previous GMs he has the balls to make big trades to improve the team. For the most part they have worked, though the budget considerations have detracted from the value of each deal to some degree.

He has also balked at signing some questionable players to long term deals (Zib & Turris) which I think is a huge benefit to the team right now. I think the Turris deal and the ZIb deals would be high points of criticism if we had them on the books right now. Zib is also a type of player that we are trying to get away from at the moment (lack of constant effort, zero intensity and determination). Turris is simply overpaid for what hi is, and for a long time. His deal would also likely have had to be bigger to have the same money coming back in Ottawa.

He's not perfect, but he's been getting better, and has a clear vision for the type of team he wants. I for one would like to see his vision fulfilled before judging the man's job. A GM generally needs several years to get their team in place, and I like where this one is going (money issues aside of course).

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
Gatineau will always prefer the Habs.

Quebecers are brainwashed into it. I am just lucky I did not grow up in Canada or else I'd probably be a Habs fan.

That’s just not true, there’s an increasing Sens fan base in Gatineau. I’ve been a Sens fan ever since the Nordiques moved away. When I played beer league hockey, there was always about 1/3 of the guys who were Sens fans. I also heard a few Habs fans actually complain that the Sens have more Quebecquers than the Habs did. Having guys like Pageau and Brassard actually does a lot to attract young fans.

Unfortunately, it seems the Sens marketing strategy in Gatineau is nearly non-existant now.

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
Dude relax. He's established his cred with the mods and he has been stead fast since the start that he can't/won't reveal the family. A few posters around here have been serious dicks about it and so he's giving you guys the gears a bit in response.

The truth is that there are several ungrateful and entitled posters in here that no one would feel good sharing info with. Just because you lack patience doesn't make it a mysens problem, and given some of the attitudes around here, you're getting exactly what you deserve from him.

Just as an aside, breaching someones confidence doesn't take "balls", it takes a lack of integrity.
Thank you. You get it. A real response from a real person.

Reactions: Pancakes Pancakes

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Didnt you mention a few days ago that us fickle fans will be quite disappointed because this new partner was going to run a budget operation as well?? Something about being careful what you wish for? Now you are telling us that he or she will open up the vault? Sorry just trying to keep all your stories straight here.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau

Still not sure why the word "entitled" keeps getting thrown around here. You do know what that means? Pretty hard to know if someone is "entitled" from a message board.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
I think "most" people here appreciate the insiders info we are getting, but that doesn't mean the insider(s) are immune to criticism. Especially when they call fans 'cheap' or blame the problems of the franchise on the fans, while acting like pompous asses like they know everything, just because they have a connection or insider information.

You have insider information, cool share it if you like. You have an opinion about the fans then prepare to get replies to that, having insider information doesn't exclude you from criticism on your opinions.

Thank you for your time,

Go sens go.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
“You have competent ownership , but a losing team and you're telling me that people will pack the stands?”

Not necessarily pack the stands, but having competent ownership would bring hope and encourage the fans, even with a not so great team. It would bring something promising.

“It is winning that matters for me. And star players.”

We don’t have either at the moment, or at least, nothing close confirmed to that. In essence, the former could help à great deal to make the fans feel confident it will happen in a closer than farther future.

I don't share that point of view with regards that people will go if there is hope, but I do appreciate some feel that way.

The former absolutely could help with the latter, but fans showing up like the rest of country would help management do what it needs to do as well.

I am not onboard with a rebuild. So the hope card for me is a non starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad