GDT: SENS @ Habs, Wednesday night 7:00 pm on TSN5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
As another example, here's Pittsburgh's line-up for their game IN Detroit, also their Game 3 of the pre-season:

OMG! THE GOONS! WHERE ARE THE STARS? THEY MUST HATE DETROIT BECAUSE OF SOME ALTERCATION THAT HAPPENED IN THE PAST.

Reactions: Emrasie

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I kind of feel bad for all the guys fighting for spots knowing that the team is already trying to clear room for they Gus they got, someone like Smejkal signed here seeing an opportunity to be one of 23 to make the cut but now is seeing the potential of the team heading into the season with a bare bones 20 man roster to come under the cap
Smejkal could battle for that fourth line wing spot. It’s guys like croopkshank I feel bad for. He’s going for the top 9. And there’s just no room. Although if Joseph is traded I guess that opens up a spot?

I don’t see how Parker Kelly and macewan are full time fourth liners? Kelly should likely be sent down and macewan as the 13th forward.

Reactions: NyQuil

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
As another example, here's Pittsburgh's line-up for their game IN Detroit, also their Game 3 of the pre-season:

OMG! THE GOONS! WHERE ARE THE STARS? THEY MUST HATE DETROIT BECAUSE OF SOME ALTERCATION THAT HAPPENED IN THE PAST.

Colin White!

Reactions: NyQuil

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I count 3 guys who are guaranteed to be on the opening night roster. Will definitely be a game for guys to distinguish themselves. Nice to see Roby get an opportunity to build on yesterdays success
I think you should count again. I think 8 have 1 way contracts, excluding 1 goaltender. :)

Last edited:

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
My life would be incomplete without the Leafs and Habs fans yelling at the clouds, the feeling of entitlement is real!! :laugh:

It would be nice to have support players in the press box that you look forward to getting some reps in the games, as opposed to dreading it.
Yep that would be nice..real nice

Reactions: DylanSensFan

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
It’s time for Kleven to drop one of those massive open ice hits. My body and spirit are ready to see it.
It's interesting because some guys go out of their way to make those big hits early in their careers to get noticed, I suspect they told Kleven they know what he's capable of in that regard, and to for now just focus on playing positionally and making the right decisions
don’t see how Parker Kelly and macewan are full time fourth liners? Kelly should likely be sent down and macewan as the 13th forward.
I agree MacEwen is the 13th plforward, in for games where we need extra grit until he shows he's a top 12 guy. Kelly is fighting to keep his spot imo, he could get waived, but I do suspect the coaches like him a lot more than the fan base (not saying much)

Reactions: Bileur

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
Hab's forum is merciless. But I totally agree with this assessment. )))

Opera Snapshot_2023-09-27_155410_forums.hfboards.com.png

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
Yup. For all the hate the Leafs base gets from us, I've always found the Habs fans worse.

Agree. Leafs fans are annoying and obnoxious, but their repeated failures have kept their ego in check.

Habs fans think their franchise is god's gift to hockey with all that "culture and history". In reality they are irrelevant bottom dwellers with few good prospects.

Last season, Anderson took a few runs at Stutzle in pre-season, and it's clear DJ hasn't forgotten. No reason to risk injuries against such an irrelevant team.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Agree. Leafs fans are annoying and obnoxious, but their repeated failures have kept their ego in check.

Habs fans think their franchise is god's gift to hockey with all that "culture and history". In reality they are irrelevant bottom dwellers with few good prospects.

Last season, Anderson took a few runs at Stutzle in pre-season, and it's clear DJ hasn't forgotten. No reason to risk injuries against such an irrelevant team.
Yup. Last time we were playing them in the playoffs I had a bunch of Habs fans around me and on Facebook reminding me of all the cups they won in another lifetime ago, how the refs are siding with us, we're dirty, etc. etc.

When we were winning it didn't bother me, but when we lost I found them insufferable.

ToastrStutzle

Feb 1, 2016
Ottawa
Habs fans complaining about the sens fan base in their GDT is pretty rich.

If you polled the league MTL fanbse easily comes 1st in a poll on the most annoying / most pathetic NHL fanbase.

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010

Someday people will realize that in exhibition, home teams play their good players and road teams do the bare minimum to ice 10 NHLers.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Someday people will realize that in exhibition, home teams play their good players and road teams do the bare minimum to ice 10 NHLers.

It’s not as thrilling an explanation as a conspiracy to enact revenge for some rough stuff that happened in a pre-season game a year ago.

When that’s the only significant physical play of note in your entire history against a team, you want to try to inject it into discussion as much as possible.

I just don’t want anyone to get hurt.

At least this game will be a lot more interesting to watch after today's posts. The PGT will be amazing regardless of the outcome.

I suspect we’ll get pounded on the score board but stranger things have happened.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad