Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #1

Who is the Sens #1 Prospect at the moment?

• Roby Jarventie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mads Søgaard

• Oskar Pettersson

• Gabriel Eliasson

• Jorian Donovan

• Angus Crookshank

• Leevi Merilainen

• Maxence Guénette

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024

1-
2-
3-
4-
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-

As we have been doing since 2004, we simply use the old HF criterias for prospect eligibility (less than 65 NHL games and under 25 y/o).

Remember to vote based on all factors and not just if the prospect is more NHL ready than others. Overall skillset, hockey IQ, upside potential vs floor, age, stats, skating ability, shot quality, leadership qualities, size/strength, etc

Personally, I always ask myself, who would I draft BPA among these players?

Try to do some research on these kids, particularly the most recent ones. People are free to post links and videos about some of the prospects that should be voted soon, or even try to persuade others why a guy should be voted next! Spread info to help people vote.

Graduated players from 2023-24 (who are still in the organization) :

Ridley Greig, Jacob Bernard-Docker

To be added :

Jan Jeník
Luke Ellinas
Javon Moore
Blake Montgomery
Eerik Wallenius
Lassi Thomson
Tyler Boucher
Philippe Daoust
Tomas Hamara
Filip Nordberg
Theo Wallberg
Kevin Mandolese
Cole Reinhardt
Cameron O'Neill
Kevin Reidler
Tyson Dyck

Also, leaving the link of pre-2017 polls if anyone wants to bookmark the page

Last edited:
Reactions: Icelevel

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Such a sad list to choose from...
Not a lot of high skill after Yakemchuk, but I think there's are some projectable NHL players, though odds are most are cup of coffee types.

Kleven and Ostapchuk I think are sure things as a bottom 4 d and bottom 6 forward. I like Crookshank and Guenette as a callup option that could become a regular NHL player.

Jarventie, Eliasson and Sogaard are bust or boom.

We could sure use another Greig or Pinto in the prospect pool....

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I commend the Kleven and Ostapchuk voters.

Not a lot of high skill after Yakemchuk, but I think there's are some projectable NHL players, though odds are most are cup of coffee types.

Kleven and Ostapchuk I think are sure things as a bottom 4 d and bottom 6 forward. I like Crookshank and Guenette as a callup option that could become a regular NHL player.

Jarventie, Eliasson and Sogaard are bust or boom.

We could sure use another Greig or Pinto in the prospect pool....
boom boom in the case of Jarventie.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024

1-
2-
3-
4-
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-

As we have been doing since 2004, we simply use the old HF criterias for prospect eligibility (less than 65 NHL games and under 25 y/o).

Remember to vote based on all factors and not just if the prospect is more NHL ready than others. Overall skillset, hockey IQ, upside potential vs floor, age, stats, skating ability, shot quality, leadership qualities, size/strength, etc

Personally, I always ask myself, who would I draft BPA among these players?

Try to do some research on these kids, particularly the most recent ones. People are free to post links and videos about some of the prospects that should be voted soon, or even try to persuade others why a guy should be voted next! Spread info to help people vote.

Graduated players from 2023-24 (who are still in the organization) :

Ridley Greig, Jacob Bernard-Docker

To be added :
don't remember, who was let go among these players? I think the last 3

Jan Jeník
Luke Ellinas
Javon Moore
Blake Montgomery
Eerik Wallenius
Lassi Thomson
Tyler Boucher
Philippe Daoust
Tomas Hamara
Filip Nordberg
Theo Wallberg
Kevin Mandolese
Cole Reinhardt
Cameron O'Neill
Kevin Reidler
Tyson Dyck

Also, leaving the link of pre-2017 polls if anyone wants to bookmark the page

^Hoyt Stanley

Reactions: BigRig4

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
a rebuilding team should not have this low quality of a prospect pool
Its just filled with hidden gems that look like projects with just a glimmer of hope.

When you trade away your 1sts, 2nds and 3rds for players you have to ship off for pennies on the dollar, draft shot in the dark projects and pretty much toss a complete draft in the shitter this is what you get

At least we got an elite skater with an abundance of IQ this year

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Yak is obviously #1. Pool looks bad but better than last year which is sad. The Short Queens are going to hate this group.

• Haha
Reactions: aragorn

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
It would be nice if we were just coming out of the rebuild now. Where Dorion decided his legacy would be all the prospects he left behind for the next guy to succeed with. Like in Utah. Or Marshall Johnston left us. But Dorion declared the rebuild over a few years ago and started trading lottery picks to start going for it. So that is probably why we dont have the prospect pool of a rebuilding team. We havent been one for a while.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
This is why we need to keep our first rounders for the next few years. Need to rebuild that pool, and invest more into scouting and development.

And I really hope Andy pushes back against losing that first rounder. That's one hell of a price...even more absurd seeing the stupidity on July 1st the past two years with half the teams in the league obviously signing players before free agency even opens, and all the "Robitas island" moves around the league over the past 5 years. Rules for some, and not for others. "Parity"

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
a rebuilding team should not have this low quality of a prospect pool

We're post rebuild.

It happens all the time, teams jump from the top of the prospect rankings to the bottom after they graduate everybody.

We cleaned house, promoted everything valuable from the pool and then went for broke with some trades to surround the core. Pretty standard rebuild strategy.

Those trades weren't great obviously, but we still have Jensen and Ullmark as remnants of those deals (instead of Korchinski, But, and some longer shot later picks), and we got two years with chych and cat.

I know people aren't happy about that, but we have the HF archives here to go back and pull out the jubilation everyone expressed when those deals went down.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
This is going to be a wild guess, but I think Yakemchuk has won this part of the poll & will be their #1 prospect.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
We're post rebuild.

It happens all the time, teams jump from the top of the prospect rankings to the bottom after they graduate everybody.

We cleaned house, promoted everything valuable from the pool and then went for broke with some trades to surround the core. Pretty standard rebuild strategy.

Those trades weren't great obviously, but we still have Jensen and Ullmark as remnants of those deals (instead of Korchinski, But, and some longer shot later picks), and we got two years with chych and cat.

I know people aren't happy about that, but we have the HF archives here to go back and pull out the jubilation everyone expressed when those deals went down.
Post rebuild? I must have missed the part where we were in the playoffs and just got here for the retool to keep things going.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
We are still in a rebuild then.
Lots of rebuilds fail and the team has to start selling pieces and rebuilding again. But that's two rebuilds, not one.

We're out of the rebuild, just remains to be seen if it will be succesful enough to get over the hump.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Lots of rebuilds fail and the team has to start selling pieces and rebuilding again. But that's two rebuilds, not one.

We're out of the rebuild, just remains to be seen if it will be succesful enough to get over the hump.
The rebuild failed. It wasn't successful. Now we get to see if it can be retooled or we sell off.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad