Post-Game Talk: Sens 1 and 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jaster

My dog from Belgium came with frites.
Jun 8, 2007
I'm still pro-playoffs and am not going to get too hung up on one game, but I don't like what I just saw. The loss itself doesn't bother me. But the quitting and going out with a whimper in the 3rd has me concerned. They stopped skating, they allowed Ottawa to keep pushing, they had only 1 shot in the last 10 minutes, and no message sent.

They have a chance to redeem themselves tomorrow night, but this team still has a lot to learn, and I'm a bit disappointed in the vets and leaders of this team right now.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
I'm still pro-playoffs and am not going to get too hung up on one game, but I don't like what I just saw. The loss doesn't bother me. The quitting and going out with a whimper in the 3rd has me concerned. They stopped skating, they allowed Ottawa to keep pushing, they had only 1 shot in the last 10 minutes, and no message sent.

They have a chance to redeem themselves tomorrow night, but this team still has a lot to learn, and I'm a bit disappointed in the vets and leaders of this team right now.
Yes. Tomorrow's game will say a lot. I will miss most of it though. :(

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Tough to see them spit the bit like that. Hopefully they find something tomorrow, but you cannot sugarcoat the effort that was put in and how they wilted in the moment as a group. Lots of passengers in the group tonight and they just never really got skating.

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Two weeks of building up hope for the hint of a playoff run. Only to have it completely undone by Tkachuk goonery, and bad officiating.

Ottawa will do the same thing again tomorrow night.

Said the Wings had to come with a playoff effort and they showed they have no business being in a playoff round with anyone.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
I'm still pro-playoffs and am not going to get too hung up on one game, but I don't like what I just saw. The loss itself doesn't bother me. But the quitting and going out with a whimper in the 3rd has me concerned. They stopped skating, they allowed Ottawa to keep pushing, they had only 1 shot in the last 10 minutes, and no message sent.

My thoughts exactly!

But the lack of effort was super duper disappointing.

Rasmussen is a legit player and we’re in trouble without him. This team needs him and have another big hole now

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
They didn't get surprised by intensity.

They fought to get 2 leads early then got frustrated, then played like shit in the 3rd. Hard to defend two 1 goal leads over ~10 mins of shorthandedness.

Reactions: norrisnick

jaster

My dog from Belgium came with frites.
Jun 8, 2007
Chiarot and Hronek a lovely -3 apiece tonight. Gotta love their chemistry.

On that note, why was Hronek the last guy back on like..all of those breakaways? I wasn't paying close enough attention at that point to know where Chiarot was, but why the f*** does that dude think he's a puck mover?
My biggest criticism of Lalonde, maybe my only criticism that I'm really feeling, is that Chiarot is still with Hronek. It's borderline inexcusable after what we've seen work and not work through 60ish games.

DanielMarois

May 25, 2013
Probably wouldn't have made a difference, but I think you gotta start Husso for the first game, a win really hurts the Sens and they might not be as motivated tomorrow.

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
tenor.gif

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005

I don't like what I saw either. Important game for two teams and the officiating was atrocious. Fluctuating from nothing called to chintzy shit called. I don't blame the Wings one bit for not finding any rhythm. League minimum backup can only do so much against a top 5 PP and turnstile defending.

As for messages... the most important one is to the league office. Not the Baby Ruth loving MFer on the other team.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
When it was 6-2, Ottawa was still playing like they wanted 7-2.

And Detroit was playing like they also wanted 7-2.

I feel bad for Hellberg. No matter how good/bad a goalie plays, you just can't give up that many breakaways and odd man rushes.

Shake it off and show up with a helluva lot more effort tomorrow.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Tough to see them spit the bit like that. Hopefully they find something tomorrow, but you cannot sugarcoat the effort that was put in and how they wilted in the moment as a group. Lots of passengers in the group tonight and they just never really got skating.
Well a hefty chunk of the team wasn't allowed to play for a lot of it as they aren't PKers. Good luck finding any jump or rhythm.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
At this point I think Yzerman should look at trading Chiarot with retention. He kills whatever pairing he is on.

You can't bring up Edvinsson and then pair him with an anchor. Dump Chiarot, trade whatever you get for him for another defenseman. Put that defenseman with Edvinsson on the third pair.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Nah, we've got them right where we want 'em. They'll come in over confident and we'll.... we'll...... score more goals or something

Reactions: Dtybur

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
At this point I think Yzerman should look at trading Chiarot with retention. He kills whatever pairing he is on.

You can't bring up Edvinsson and then pair him with an anchor. Dump Chiarot, trade whatever you get for him for another defenseman.
Will Yzerman admit this quickly that he made a mistake? Many GMs would let pride get in the way.

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
Not upset at the loss, but he manner of the loss was shocking. The Sens came out with a playoff attitude and the wings were too afraid to even hit back.

I cant believe seider just sat back and took everything tkachuck dished out.

Reactions: Realgud

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
This was a bit of a punk test towards the end, and the team failed it, again.

They have failed the punk test almost every single time someone has put them to it in the past 3-4 years. EVERYONE is soft right now.

Ras was the one guy who was willing to take a run at someone and cross the line to make a statement. We lost him for now. Someone needs to step up. Nobody is too important to lose for a game.

Last edited:

Rolo Tomassi

May 6, 2010
Is it too late to throw our hat in the ring for the draft lottery? Even if we make the playoffs, we are going to be an easy out… Dont want to get stuck as a perpetual bubble team because we lack star power…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad