Low Effort GDT Senators in La Belle Province to beat up some scrubs | Tuesday October 1st, 2024, 7PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Holy crap are you sure you're a Sens fan? You're never happy dude!!! I hope you're single because your depressing. Lollll
So I get ripped on for defending the yakemchuk pick and pumping his tires. For talking positive about the moves that staios has made to build an identity for this team and specifically acquire players with a purpose. Literally just finished a post defending Green. Now I call a spade a spade where the team did not play well and my entire character gets shit on. Do you pay attention what's happening here at all?

f*** this board.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I also am a bit worried but hes only 22 and dmen take time to develop. He looked lost on the Habs 3rd goal especially.
Chabot looked worse and he's 28.

Tough game for both of them.

Kleven looked good against a full team of NHL players on Sunday. He will thrive in a structured game and system. Just like last year when he was up. I am not worried about him at all.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Chabot looked worse and he's 28.

Tough game for both of them.

Kleven looked good against a full team of NHL players on Sunday. He will thrive in a structured game and system. Just like last year when he was up. I am not worried about him at all.
Chabot is worriesome. If he was a forward I would describe him as a soft floater. God help me I sound like aragorn.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Chabot has a lot of miles on that body. I'm starting to wonder what he's going to be like on the ice on the other side of 30.

Hopefully Green manages his minutes a lot better.

Reactions: Icelevel

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
If you’re going to be in a bad mood after a game like this, it’s going to be a long season for you.

I'm in a bad mood because 3 of our guys might be injured and also because I think we lack toughness. But otherwise life's good lol

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Pretty much everyone was average tonight. Pinto, Batherson, Chabot, Jensen, Amadio, Kleven blending in with that Montreal roster.

I thought this was a good first game for Norris and Zub. Sanderson had a quiet but effective game.

Greig had a good game. Probably our best player. Yakemchuk had some good plays offensively and a turnover that led to a goal. Ullmark saved us a few times, he had a good game overall.
The Fs were awol on the goal resulting from Yak's failed pass. They bear some responsibility for that goal.

Outplaying the other team means absolutely nothing if you don't win the game.
Outplaying other teams on a regular basis will result in more wins than losses and thus playoffs.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Well Stützle it's surely concussion protocol, much like Greig earlier this preseason. Could be something, or could be nothing, but there's absolutely no reason to risk it in preseason.

Tkachuk and Chabot, idk. Again, it's preseason, so there's no harm in giving them the rest of the night off and seeing how they feel today, but unlike concussions, you usually see signs immediately and are looking to see if they get better with a day or two off, concussions can have symptoms only appear a day or two later.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Chabot has a lot of miles on that body. I'm starting to wonder what he's going to be like on the ice on the other side of 30.

Hopefully Green manages his minutes a lot better.
The lack of management with Chabot under DJ is one of the things I despised the most about DJ. There was absolutely zero reason to be bagging Chabot for 30min a night during the lowest part of the rebuild putting miles on him unnecessarily.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Greig's reputation is the main culprit with this one. If anyone else made that hit, there wouldn't be anyone talking about it.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with Greig being the player he is. Teams would kill to have a guy like that.

I do think he needs to pick his spots better and take a page out of Marchand's book, though. He's incredibly talented. Focus on that a bit more for now.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Greig was great. Maybe the Sens best forward last night.

Turned the game around by himself. Scored the go-ahead goal. Fought Dach in the end just to prove he isn't afraid of him.

What a player!

So I get ripped on for defending the yakemchuk pick and pumping his tires. For talking positive about the moves that staios has made to build an identity for this team and specifically acquire players with a purpose. Literally just finished a post defending Green. Now I call a spade a spade where the team did not play well and my entire character gets shit on. Do you pay attention what's happening here at all?

f*** this board.

I think everyone agrees that they didn't play well overall.

Thankfully we have a solid goalie who kept them in the game long enough for the PP (remember our PP that was ranked 23rd in the league) to turn the game around with 3 goals on one 5 minute PP. When's the last time they've come through like that?

They won a game they should have lost. This is something they rarely if ever did last season.

It's not the entire puzzle, but you're not going to make the playoffs by only winning when every game is a masterpiece. We had all kinds of guys out for precautionary reasons but the remaining guys got the job done in an emotional atmosphere.

Expecting a completely different looking team this year when there have been very few player changes and the new coach has been in charge for a couple of weeks is pretty naive.

I don't think Travis Green is doing victory laps and I doubt the players are also. Stuff to work on, sure.

Reactions: Flamingo

The Waffler

Smartest Man-Child on HF
Jul 10, 2009
Planet Earth
They? Us?

We’re a team

IMG_1984.jpeg

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I'm worried about 3 things this season : team toughness, team speed, overall depth

I don't blame new management, recovering from DJ Dorion hockey/management isn't supposed to be easy

We really need to stay healthy. Crossing fingers, will sacrifice lambs this season

Outplaying the other team means absolutely nothing if you don't win the game.

You're right but that's only for the game in question. Being opportunistic (like scoring 4 PP goals) or great goaltending can change things but over the long run, you end up losing though.

This is the reason why every NHL team spend a lot of money on advanced stats every season. No team can become a contender by being outshot, outchanced and outplayed in the majority of games

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
You also can't be a contender without special teams.

True, and goaltending, coaching and depth to prevent injuries are also quite important

Seriously, there is so much parity in the league today that you can't neglect one single aspect. Imagine trying to compete with Dorion as your GM lol. Hopefully Staios is the man of the situation

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
In a way I'm sorta glad Xhakass will be playing during the regular season next week.

He should be there when we finish dropping that tenth straight win on them. Couldn't have done it without him.

We can get some opera glasses for Laine in the press box.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
It doesn’t matter. We say this every year. If you WANT to let the Habs get you off your game you NEED to go get an absolute psycho to shut them up.

We don’t do that. We get macewen who seems to be the gentleman’s tough guy . If we want to be above all that then fine but Brady needs to be as well.

Or you need a psycho behind the bench with players that will do what he wants.
I don’t know what kind of coach Green is in that regard. Will he tell his players what to do like Murray or Hitchcock? I honestly have no clue. Will the players do it and not complain like they did for Murray? Or roll their eyes like they did for Hitchcock? Although really only Leclair did that.
We need some tougher players in the bottom 6. Other teams need to fear what would happen if they take cheap shots at our best players. Not only should we target the other team's goons and disturbers, we should also go after their skill players with legal but heavy hits. We don't have any tough players outside off Tkachuk. If one of our tough bottom 6 players happens to be a policeman, so be it. If that policeman can actually play a 4th line role, great. I am tired of watching p***y hockey!

It's preseason. All he's doing is putting a target on his own star players.
Keep track of that take!

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
i mean he was responding for the greig hit.

he did his job.

Ultimately you want a guy like that on your team.

Ideally he's a little bit more in control of himself. Getting himself kicked out in two straight games for defending his guys is laudable but the end result in both games was a loss.

Even the Montreal Gazette admits this:

Upon further review: Perhaps Xhekaj’s act of irrationalism wasn’t that smart after all? The Senators scored three goals on the five-minute power play, recovering from a 2-0 deficit for a 4-3 victory.

But sure I'd take a guy like that on my team. He's like a much bigger Shane Hnidy. He's still a young guy and has a lot to learn about picking his spots and using his frame better.

If he'd hit Stutzle more squarely and/or punched Pare in the face as opposed to the back of the head, it would be a completely different story.

However, based on a track record of dirty hits (or near dirty hits) in the AHL and now the NHL, he's going to have to control it or the Habs will start dropping points when it actually matters and management won't be as understanding.

Hate to admit the Wifi hit on Stu was clean and not a headshot. Because of his dirty history, I'm fine with any of our players just going after him.

It was only clean because he missed with the elbow. The stick may have actually saved Stutzle more serious contact.

Keep that elbow tucked in like Grieg and he'd still be in the game.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad