Niagara Icedogs 2024-25 Season, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dogs Enthusiast

Sep 25, 2019
St, Catharines
The difference in crowd size in local businesses on weekend nights and Sunday afternoon (some were even closed) is massive. Weekends require reservations or arriving early to secure a table. That can’t be debated. Business will be affected by the decision. Now will attendance be affected.

I am not saying it is as busy as a Saturday night. Just saying that some of the restaurants are benefiting from the Sunday games. I sure as heck would not be sitting in Kullys or Fiddlers or The Merch on a Sunday at 1 pm without a game happening. Yet there I was a few times doing that last year.

Like I said, its not all doom and gloom.

dogs777

Aug 13, 2024
Keep in mind the Oshawa team the IceDogs play on Friday will not be the one challenging for the Eastern Conference: only two of their core six players will actually be in the lineup.

So this won’t be as much of a test, as it will be a huge opportunity to steal 2 points from a team, they’ll likely won’t be able to, later in the season.

As for Sunday’s home opener, the Steelheads will be arriving in Niagara with all its fire power in the lineup!
You say only 2 of the core 6 are going to be there who do you have as the “core 6” they still have 2 days before the game so they could get more players back plus the rumoured Barlow trade could happen before the game

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
You say only 2 of the core 6 are going to be there who do you have as the “core 6” they still have 2 days before the game so they could get more players back plus the rumoured Barlow trade could happen before the game
Oshawa will have NHL 3rd rd Marrelli and the Leafs 1st rd pick Danford in the lineup. They are waiting on three NHL 1st rd picks Barlow, Ritchie, Sennecke and Roobroeck.

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
I am not saying it is as busy as a Saturday night. Just saying that some of the restaurants are benefiting from the Sunday games. I sure as heck would not be sitting in Kullys or Fiddlers or The Merch on a Sunday at 1 pm without a game happening. Yet there I was a few times doing that last year.

Like I said, it’s not all doom and gloom.
Not to beat this point to death but Sunday afternoon at Kullys and the Fiddlers is their regular NFL viewing crowd that attend weekly with or without an IceDogs’ game.

dogs777

Aug 13, 2024
Oshawa will have NHL 3rd rd Marrelli and the Leafs 1st rd pick Danford in the lineup. They are waiting on three NHL 1st rd picks Barlow, Ritchie, Sennecke and Roobroeck.
I think Barlow and Sennecke could be there by Friday Ritchie (?) Roobroeck are they expecting him back?

Dogs Enthusiast

Sep 25, 2019
St, Catharines
Not to beat this point to death but Sunday afternoon at Kullys and the Fiddlers is their regular NFL viewing crowd that attend weekly with or without an IceDogs’ game.

OK true. However, if you stop in there this coming Sunday at 1 pm. I guarantee you will see people in Dogs jerseys and gear and you will see people walking out at 1:45 and headed to the MC.

We are in agreeance its not the same as a Saturday night though.

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
wasnt he an ice dog at one point? ;) and no, he didnt ask out.
One of DD’s “smart business man” moves. Haha. Roobroeck selected in the 2020 3rd round (45th overall pick) traded for an 8th round pick after his rookie OHL season. Help please! Anyone.

OK true. However, if you stop in there this coming Sunday at 1 pm.
I’ll be home watching the NFL games. lol.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
One of DD’s “smart business man” moves. Haha. Roobroeck selected in the 2020 3rd round (45th overall pick) traded for an 8th round pick after his rookie OHL season. Help please! Anyone.

poking the bear a bit given how the poser always denies everything, im surprised that they dont deny that roobroeck ever played in niagara.

• Haha
Reactions: Sam14

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad