Low Effort GDT Senators in La Belle Province to beat up some scrubs | Tuesday October 1st, 2024, 7PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SlyDawg

Feb 12, 2015
Carleton Place, ON
Love the passion some of you guys have for the team but some of you need to be talked off the ledge.

1) It's the fourth pre-season game.
2) They have a new coach, which means new systems which means old systems need to be jettisoned

I get Sens fans are really pessimistic and tired of seeing terrible play but...it's a bit early here to be saying that the team is terrible.

Let's just take a deep breath. 2-0 game against the Habs, sure, but still half a game to play and hopefully they start jiving as a team and Green do some coaching.

Breathe, people. Breathe. It's pre-season.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
I mean it's still hockey and the system isn't that different than Jaques was preaching from like what December last year?

Wtf.
Backcheck
Support the breakout
Look for an open man
Crash the net.

These are supposed to be pros that have played their whole lives
How do you know the system isn't that different? Are you on the ice during practice?

Even changing how the dmen pinch, jump up in the play, how deep he wants the centers to play. All of these things can have a big impact on how the players read the play, and it's unrealistic to expect no growing pains.

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
Love the passion some of you guys have for the team but some of you need to be talked off the ledge.

1) It's the fourth pre-season game.
2) They have a new coach, which means new systems which means old systems need to be jettisoned

I get Sens fans are really pessimistic and tired of seeing terrible play but...it's a bit early here to be saying that the team is terrible.

Let's just take a deep breath. 2-0 game against the Habs, sure, but still half a game to play and hopefully they start jiving as a team and Green do some coaching.

Breathe, people. Breathe. It's pre-season.
I wanna see some progress.
Can't say I've seen any. Not yet

5 shots halfway through the game isn't good enough. Preseason or not

Reactions: Cosmix

Stutzlaaaa

Dec 18, 2021
Teams lacks chemistry for 3 seasons now let not just pretend it's only now. Scrabs have little to none talent but play as a trqm and use each other well playing smart game. We have mostly the same players playing together now for at least 2-3 years the new players /system shouldn't affect their play or chemistry.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Teams lacks chemistry for 3 seasons now let not just pretend it's only now. Scrabs have little to none talent but play as a trqm and use each other well playing smart game. We have mostly the same players playing together now for at least 2-3 years the new players /system shouldn't affect their play or chemistry.

We’ve beaten them 9 times in a row when it counts.

Reactions: Senscore

SlyDawg

Feb 12, 2015
Carleton Place, ON
I wanna see some progress.
Can't say I've seen any. Not yet

5 shots halfway through the game isn't good enough. Preseason or not
Progress in 4 pre-season games where they have a whole new system isn't going to be showing up anytime soon.

Realistically, one should not necessarily expect much until at least 20 games in, truth be told. There's only oh so much you can do with the start of the season.

If Ottawa gets 10-10 by the end of a 20 game stretch, I'd call that progress.

I'm all for progress. I'm all for them getting off on the right foot. But that's what pre-season games are for: looking at the warts and trying to iron out the wrinkles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad