Confirmed with Link: Senators Announce Training Camp Roster

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I think roster deadline is Monday 5pm EST

I guess the main questions are:

1) Does yakemchuk make the initial roster and play atleast 9 games?
2) Who makes the team at forward...jenik? Gaudette? Ostapchuk?
3) Do we carry 23? I guess the answer is yes if yes to Q1.

4) Outside questions but very doubtful. Do Forsberg or MacEwan get cut?

1) Id go yes to yakemchuk.
2) Id go with jenik as he makes way more sense than Gaudette on a 4th line, and ostapchuk didn't break the door down so top 2 lines in AHL is better for him.
3) Yes, with hamonic+jbd+MacEwan sitting game 1
4) no, but if they struggle, I could see them sent down to clear some cap space. (Only if a solid backup gets made available for cheap)

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I think Jenik has a spot. Has been noticeable almost every game he has played

Gaudette has been good too and also has a relationship with Green

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Gaudette while not suited for the role has been debatably the best player in camp. Don't like the message of cutting a player that has been that good.

So how does jenik and Gaudette and yakemchuk make the team?

We would need to waive MacEwan. Though I would totally do that...do green/staios do that?

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Gaudette while not suited for the role has been debatably the best player in camp. Don't like the message of cutting a player that has been that good.
just trying to figure out who he would replace.

Macewen maybe but Macewen is one of the few on the roster who will drop the gloves so not sure it is wise to cut him for gaudette

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I’ll say our best Dman in order for winning, PK, PP, 5 on 5 and just reliability:

Sanderson
Zub
Jensen
Chabot
Hamonic
JBD
Kleven

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I'm with you. We need guys who can put the puck in the net, but just as important is he can maintain possession in the offensive zone.

Mac was in the AHL for most of the year last season and should be sent down again.

Jenik and Gaudette stay up to with Ostapchuk going down due to waivers.

If Highmore is hurt, I guess he stays up but doesn't count on the roster? They can't send him down, can they?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
suprised to see jenik on waivers. Thought he had done enough to make the opening night roster at the very least
Just because he's waived doesn't mean he gets sent down, it's possible they are waiving him to see if he can get through, then they have 30 days or 10 games before needing to be waived again, I think.

I guess MacEwen saved his job by fighting Xhekaj,

SensFanInMTL

Apr 25, 2020
1728240947513.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad