Euro: Semifinals - Spain v. France - July 9

Who Advances?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
If Yamal doesn't score that unreal goal, Spain loses this game.
Disagree. Spain would have continued pressing for a 2nd regardless. France never looked like a threat in the final third and laboured after 80-85 minutes.

Reactions: King 88

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Lovely. So long, arrogant ******!

Don’t care much about Oranje. They overachieved as it is. Just want this horrible anti football team out of it..
Oh look haters are here!
Climbing from under their rock they've been since the infamous "Antony is worth all the money" :laugh:

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Spain v Germany was the final. Unless Saka or Dumfries/Frimpong/Malen are able to cook Cucurella.

Also please don't start Morata again can't Ferran Torres play as a CF still?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
But are France playing the best kind of football they're capable of? I mean they scored their firs open play goal in this game.
Are France capable to play better and have better numbers than the team everyone thought was better (and bookies favourites)?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Disagree. Spain would have continued pressing for a 2nd regardless. France never looked like a threat in the final third and laboured after 80-85 minutes.
Yamal's goal was the first one. At that point they were being easily the second best team.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Great win for Spain, well deserved, never felt like they were going to lose tbh even when in large stretches of that 2nd half they let France have the initiative. Game never got away from them and when they where in danger of struggling, Rodri and that midfield just took over again.

Reactions: Ajacied

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
If I was French, I'd be appalled by that effort to be honest. You go into the 2nd half down a goal. Where's the urgency? Where is the pressure? Mbappe nothing, Griezmann nothing. Looked like Theo was the main driver of the French team, which surely can't be intended. That team looked like it was fine with going out.

Reactions: gary69 and luiginb

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Are France capable to play better and have better numbers than the team everyone thought was better (and bookies favourites)?
Just saying what the neutrals think. France has played disappointing football most of the tournament when most people think they can play more entertaining/effective football than they're doing. Sure it gets results but... :dunno:

Reactions: luiginb

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Southgate probably quite encouraged by that thinking all he has to do now is to get a 1-0 lead against Spain and then England will defend it the whole game.

I hope the Dutch stuff him.

Reactions: luiginb

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Nah I'm fine. Gutted to lose that game while being the clear better team.
Would rather lose to Spain after they dominate.
We almost had twice the xG.
Are you familiar with the concept of game state

A team that is behind for almost 75 minutes is very likely going to end up with a higher xG and more shots than a team which is leading for 75 minutes

But that does not mean the team who was behind for 75 minutes played better

Reactions: Blender and luiginb

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Nah I'm fine. Gutted to lose that game while being the clear better team.
Would rather lose to Spain after they dominate.
We almost had twice the xG.

The cLeAr bEtTeR tEAm

Sure winning corners and getting shots from shitty positions while the other team goes into a shell to defend and absorb pressure makes France the better tea.

Are you new to sports?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad