Euro: Semifinals - England v. The Netherlands - July 10

Who Advances?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
What's the Turkish origin guy's name and why haven't I seen him at the Euros? I always saw that guy command a lot of respect at the Buli/ European level?
Aytekin? He retired from international matches in 2022 and now only refs in germany.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
I go with the dutch, but I'm always wrong. Doesn't really matter anyway. Spain will finish off whoever comes along.

Reactions: Moncherry

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
200w.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Dog

Karterthadon

Nov 1, 2022
I don't know, France losing yesterday gives me hope that the footballs gods are not down with the ultra negative bullshit this year, gives me hope:laugh:

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I don't know. I'm not sold on the Dutch as a team. Who have they played? They were a decidedly mixed bag in the group stage, then they got to a Romania team that was likely always effed if they concede, then they played Turkey which has some good players but clearly not a top side either.

I like Gakpo, but I feel they need an A+ game from him to win this, because I don't like the rest of their offensive personnel much.

Reactions: Moncherry

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Dutch have been eliminated in the Euro SFs four times out of five, the only time they reached the final was in Germany back in 1988, when they went on to win the whole thing.

They also got a win over England in that tournament. Koeman was part of that team.

History repeating?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
England should win this based on talent, but they never look that good.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
I haven't managed to watch a full game with the Dutch yet. Are they any good?
Not to say they can't beat England, but I think they're mainly here because the bracket fell in place for them. Finishing 3rd worked out better for them than finishing 2nd.

Reactions: Evilo

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
I think England could struggle on the Dutch right side, Malen has speed and Dumfries is strong player, who likes to get forward a lot. Trippier is going to need a lot of help there, as Simons and Depay will attack in the centre, so Rice has a big responsability to help the defence.

Reactions: Bounces R Way

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I don't know. I'm not sold on the Dutch as a team. Who have they played? They were a decidedly mixed bag in the group stage, then they got to a Romania team that was likely always effed if they concede, then they played Turkey which has some good players but clearly not a top side either.

I like Gakpo, but I feel they need an A+ game from him to win this, because I don't like the rest of their offensive personnel much.
To be fair, I think the same could be said about England.

Reactions: Blender

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
To be fair, I think the same could be said about England.
I think England has the edge on talent, so if both are mediocre again today I expect them to win. If the Netherlands play well, England may be in trouble.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad