Preseason 2024

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Gabriel "I need to take an extra five steps" Jesus. Damn, this lad is frustrating AF because his talent is 1000%, but his IQ is -1001%. Awful stuff and needs to be upgraded because his desire to keep pressing a foot closer gets 99% of his shots blocked or poked off the ball.

Nwaneri looked brilliant, could be starting in the EPL tomorrow if he had to. M'hand also looked quite decent, he has some bite to his game. Any reason why we haven't seen Patino?

Arsenal were the better team overall, but Hojlund caused the backline fits until he went off injured. Besides him, I thought Amad was United's best player clearly. You lot have something with him.
Patino is with the u21s and will most likely leave.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Benfica up 4-0 at halftime against Feyenoord. Pavlidis on the board with a brace, but what caught my eye was Prestianni not only starting by scoring. Thought he was rumored to be on the way out.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Benfica up 4-0 at halftime against Feyenoord. Pavlidis on the board with a brace, but what caught my eye was Prestianni not only starting by scoring. Thought he was rumored to be on the way out.

Signing a very young player and giving him zero mins only to want to sell him a few months later was always strange. ( familiar story?)

Reactions: les Habs

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
not quite sure when the last time there was a double yellow -- red in a preseason friendly. Diego Carlos has to be smarter than that, but i highly doubt that gets given in a PL match

Reactions: sabremike

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
LFC win 2-1 over Arsenal in Philly. Kids played the last 15-20 min

Arsenal better in the first five minutes and then LFC took over. LFC could have had more. Diogo, Elliott and Salah the three best players on the field in the first half. Carvalho looked like he belong too. He has skills but going to be tough for him to carve out a role. He is still too much of a tweener; not sure you can carry him and Elliott

LFC took Diogo off at halftime (planned) and went back to the double false nine thing they used against Betis (because they don’t have any other strikers in America) and LFC unable to move the ball up the field; so yeah they probably should by another striker especially if, as rumored, they are sending Danns on loan. I would not send Danns on loan unless they bring someone in but what do I know.

Slot ball looks pretty good with a striker on the field. Midfield much more involved in buildup. They haven’t figured out what to do with the ball when they get pinned which is going to be a problem, but besides that they are transitioning to the new manager about as well as you could as for in late July.

A lot of these Klopp fringe players like Endo and Tsimikas are not going to be able to stick. Do not look a fit for the new playstyle at all, but the core guys all look fine so far. They are going to have to make some adds before the end of the window either way.

Last edited:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
f***ing ESPN. If I have ESPN+ why the hell do I need to have a cable account to watch a damn Barca friendly you have right in the damn app? And why am I stuck watching Madrid in those awful orange kits? I mean what’s next, are they going to renovate the Bernabeu and make it look like the world’s largest air fryer? Oh wait…

• Haha
Reactions: luiginb

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
f***ing ESPN. If I have ESPN+ why the hell do I need to have a cable account to watch a damn Barca friendly you have right in the damn app? And why am I stuck watching Madrid in those awful orange kits? I mean what’s next, are they going to renovate the Bernabeu and make it look like the world’s largest air fryer? Oh wait…
My dude. You can still select the game in ESPN+ but the app defaults it to ESPN proper so you have to switch it. Yes it’s dumb. Think it’s above the Spanish commentary option

Reactions: les Habs

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
My dude. You can still select the game in ESPN+ but the app defaults it to ESPN proper so you have to switch it. Yes it’s dumb. Think it’s above the Spanish commentary option

So dumb. I was just on the main load page, I moved over to the “ESPN+” tab and you are correct. Cheers mate!

Reactions: Savant

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Caught up with the match against Man City. Some random thoughts:

-Good performance. Won’t take too much away from it considering it’s preseason and all the changes. Still, thought the team’s physical level and tempo were both good, and this was against a City side that should be ahead of us in preseason. Team was also well organized.
-Pau Victor was Man of the Match. Goal, arguably an assist and some good movement off the ball.
-Vitor Roque yet again misused. You have to provide the context that he was played out wide left. I would have preferred he played up top where Victor played. Hopefully Flick corrects this for the next match.
-A lot of the midfielders played well. Torre (who grew into the match I thought), Casado, Bernal and later on Darvich.
-Overall you can see a lot of talent with the kids.
-Both GKs did well.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Arsenal generated enough chances to win; they could've easily scored 4-5 goals today, but the overall finishing skills of this team are still a big worry for me, especially without Saka. In relation to this, Jesus doesn't do anything for me. He's talented at everything, but so easy to defend and get balls poked off more than a drag queen.

Team defence today was pretty much this:
damn-it-oh.gif

Not too worried about it considering how strong it was last year, but we made it sooooooo easy for LFC to just use through balls to goals. Nasty stuff, specifically from Kiwior, who was utterly bad. Like release him on a free transfer level bad tonight.

Also that Josh Nicholls lad for Arsenal looks like he's 13 years old.

and then LFC took over. LFC could have had more.
Not sure what match you watched, but LFC didn't take over anything. Both teams were trash defensively, even if Liverpool was the better team in the first half, Arsenal had three prime chances to score. LFC disappeared in the second half.

Betis kits are a true eyesore.

Reffing continues to be horrid in these games.
Do you know the kits your club employed last season?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad