GDT: Semi-final • Jan. 3 • Canada vs. Russia • 9 PM ET ‎- II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamal007

FEEL LIKE PABLO
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto
Well... technically Eberle was on that team where they lost (even though he showed the most guts in that one).

Well aware of that. That year, he tied it with 1 minute and 30 seconds left, I believe. We lost in OT but he was the reason were there to begin with.

oem1265

Jan 8, 2009
Really impressed with the Russians, they are clearly the best team in this tournament.

Hopefully nobody blames the refs, Russia simply outclassed the Canadians.

Beerfest*

I'm really embarrassed by these guys tonight. Instead of shaking off an unfortunate start, they implode and start acting like undisciplined emo kids.

The fans in the 'Dome are equally as embarrassing. I don't like some of the dives, but Team Canada has deserved all the penalties they've gotten.

The Russians usual soft spot is goal and it's obvious they have it locked up.

I just hope to God that Team Canada show some class and do not goon it up in the 3rd. Well deserved lead for Team Russia. Good luck to them against the Swedes.

No, not really.

Nice try though.

Fortheloveofthegame

Mar 18, 2008
USA
Canada is playing horrid. Mainly their goaltending. Absolutely embarrassing and I have no idea whatsoever why Bunz or Domingue were not picked. Ref hates Canada because he's American. Understandable but come on, Jenner is bleeding from the mouth after a hit to the head and he gets kicked for touching Kuznetsov (who is doing God knows what in the first place) with his stick. And Huberdeau touches a Russian's leg with his stick and gets slashing, and a 10 min misconduct for hitting his stick against the boards. Awful. Embarrassing. /rant

Just as Mackenzie just said.....Canada. Otloosingbecause of there's... They are being unplaced!
There have even some missed calls for both teams ( high stick to Russian behind the net ) no call, and an almost blindside in the first! Both ways buddy!
A Spear is a spear, whether a love tap or all out!

DayNah

Ship it donk!
Feb 11, 2010
The only good thing that can possibly come from this game is a full out brawl.

In all seriousness Russia(and Sweden) are better teams than Canada this year. I'm not sure why so many Canadian fans act like they are the only country to breed good hockey players. The past 15+ years should have been proof enough.

Russia vs. Sweden should be a good game.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Well... technically Eberle was on that team where they lost (even though he showed the most guts in that one).

How is Don Hay an embarrassment... this squad had the talent to beat the Russians, the team picked was good enough... the effort level is not.

I think I'm gonna get off this board, some of the trolling is just :laugh:. But congrats to the Russians, Kuznetsov is a beast, reffing has been terrible but Canada's effort level has been just as terrible.
Don Hay picked this team...and clearly it doesn't have the effort to win the game

very questionable picks before the tournament started and now its coming back to bite him in the butt

The Protein Shake*

I just tuned in and I have to say, this is nothing less than a shock..

What has Ryan Murray done for everyone to be mad at him??

Roy Gerbil

Hang up the phone
Oct 17, 2007
Roy, New Mexico
Really? The russians deserve to be winning?

The shots are 36 to 18! This is a Russian squad that has been hemmed in its own zone all game.

If we had a goaltender anywhere near as good as Vasilyev we would be literally unbeatable.

Do you watch hockey? Like regularly? I find it difficult to believe that you think the odd man rushes and precision rushes up the ice the Russians are pulling off at will are somehow inferior to "quantity of shots." :help:

GM17*

made me laugh too, Monahan should be on this team too.

Other countries have there high end 16 yr olds here, we should too!

Dunno enough about Monahan but MacKinnon might be the fastest player in the Q + he can handle the puck at top speed. really bizarre

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Whining aside, This game has been a massive embarrassment for team canada.

Where is the hitting? where is the heart?. This is pathetic

Beerfest*

Don Hay picked this team...and clearly it doesn't have the effort to win the game

very questionable picks before the tournament started and now its coming back to bite him in the butt

Yep, Canada should still be able to win this tournament, but the team he picked was lulzy.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
I'm not going to bother reading the previous posts. All I can say is that this Canadian team is freaking dumb. What's with all these highsticks? Yeah, sure the Russians exagerrate a la Crsoby a little bit every time they get a highstick, but they got touched by legitimate highsticks nonetheless. Canadians who can't see that are freaking blind or rather choose not to see.

The Russians deserve to be where they are now. Play smart and we would still be in the game, but now it's too late. The Russians are too skilled to let this one go. Shame on you for playing without a brain. Dumb hockey never bring you far.

Wilma

Sep 4, 2006
I just hope to God that Team Canada show some class and do not goon it up in the 3rd. Well deserved lead for Team Russia. Good luck to them against the Swedes.

This is a big fear of mine going into the 3rd...the coach has completely lost control.

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
No one in here deserves to **** talk Huberdeau for losing his cool, you aren't on the ice and what he did WASN'T egregious.

TexasCsar

Dec 24, 2011
I'm really embarrassed by these guys tonight. Instead of shaking off an unfortunate start, they implode and start acting like undisciplined emo kids.

The fans in the 'Dome are equally as embarrassing. I don't like some of the dives, but Team Canada has deserved all the penalties they've gotten.

The Russians usual soft spot is goal and it's obvious they have it locked up.

Thank you. Wish every hockey fan was like you.

cloak

Dec 30, 2011
People laughed when I said Canada would be fighting to get even a medal. Thats what happens when you don't invite Malcom Subban and Stuart Percy to the camp along others who should have been there and cutting Ryan Murphy was their dumbest decision.

Every year they make horrible selections that kill them. Last year was Ryan Murphy and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins.

ya, the team was never going to be a great one but they sure gave it to themselves in the ass for some idiotic selections or lack thereof

RhyZa

Jul 3, 2006

I disagree with this. It's a perfectly normal reaction being down 5-1 to vent. Better at the refs who have gone way too far with some of the calls than booing the team.

David McConnor

Unregistered User
Aug 30, 2006
Alert, Nunavut
Don Hay you dumbass, we were all worried about scoring goals and he left his best offensive defenseman (Murphy) and best goal scorer (Toffoli) at home. Murphy could very well be the best hockey player in the country and he's sitting watching Harrington and Murray get destroyed.

What are you talking about? Harrington's been phenomenal all tournament.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Whats even worse is Hooby gets the 2 and 10 and he's the only one creating anything offensively.

I /facepalmed on Jenner's spear. Just a dumb play. Thats on the coach. You know with international ref'ing, you are going to get dinged for stupid stuff like that (and Hooby's stick slam).

Now re:Russia: I've been watching them since the start of this tourney and when they are on their game they are nasty-good. Their goalie and Mrazek are the 2 best in the tournament and it's not even close.

I thought Canada could do well against Russia's D below the dots but they've played well tonight.

So none of this surprises me, at all.

Geno Malkin is chirping James Neal on twitter. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad