GDT: Semi-final • Jan. 3 • Canada vs. Russia • 9 PM ET ‎- II

Status
Not open for further replies.

David McConnor

Unregistered User
Aug 30, 2006
Alert, Nunavut
The hate on Wedgewood is ridiculous. Three shots deflected off Murray and a breakaway.

And there Siventin lets in another one.

I don't hate Wedgewood because he didn't pick the team but, when his goalie partner in Plymouth has a SVP 30 points higher than him, he has no business being in this tourney, let alone starting a semi-final game.

Beerfest*

lol 5 and a game for a love tap?

10 minutes for banging a stick.

Garbage.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
A 10 min. misconduct, I think. Probably an overreaction by the referee, but after his earlier embellishment, I don't think I would have tempted fate.

Not a bad point. Refs have memories. Show me up once, shame on you, do it again, shame on me - right?

Koss

Only Dr Q is capable of calling what Jenner did "gutless assault", it was an incredibly stupid and unnecessary play but you aren't gonna hurt anybody spearing them that softly. The chance of injury was minimal compared to the hit.

He called it assault. That's funny. Either way, the discipline on this team is not good. I hope the scouts take that into consideration in choosing next year's team.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Wanted Canada but honestly we're playing like trailer park meatheads. And wtf with the crowd, feels like the TD Garden (but without the W). What happened??

AvalancheRy

Feb 13, 2009
One thing is for sure, after watching this game.

Yakupov is going to break 100 points in the NHL.

Probably the best skating prospect I have seen in a long long time. Yes imo he skates better then hall and skinner.

I agree and he carries himself like a winner. Some guys just have it and he looks like one of them.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
People laughed when I said Canada would be fighting to get even a medal. Thats what happens when you don't invite Malcom Subban and Stuart Percy to the camp along others who should have been there and cutting Ryan Murphy was their dumbest decision.

Every year they make horrible selections that kill them. Last year was Ryan Murphy and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins.

Wilma

Sep 4, 2006
How is Don Hay an embarrassment... this squad had the talent to beat the Russians, the team picked was good enough... the effort level is not.

1) It is his job to get the team to play 100% effort.
2) It is his job to keep the team disciplined
3) It is his job to create a game plan and enforce it
4) It is his job to call a timeout after Russia takes a 3 goal lead and has all the momentum, not after they take a 4 goal lead to put the game out of reach

He has a big part in this and should not be back.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
This is the least physical Canadian team I've seen in a while, to try to make up that hole in grit the players are just taking a ton of stick infractions. Usually we'd see a Canadian player truck somebody, but instead of that they are hooking/slashing/high sticking. They are playing a selfish game based almost solely on temper tantrums right now. They deserve to be losing.

On top of that, so far the only noticeable Canadian players are Schwartz, Stone, Huberdeau and Connolly, everyone else is nowhere to be seen. This is the worst defense I've seen from a team Canada squad.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I'm really embarrassed by these guys tonight. Instead of shaking off an unfortunate start, they implode and start acting like undisciplined emo kids.

The fans in the 'Dome are equally as embarrassing. I don't like some of the dives, but Team Canada has deserved all the penalties they've gotten.

The Russians usual soft spot is goal and it's obvious they have it locked up.

I just hope to God that Team Canada show some class and do not goon it up in the 3rd. Well deserved lead for Team Russia. Good luck to them against the Swedes.

RhyZa

Jul 3, 2006
It's also possible that Russia owned Canada in every facet (talent, mental, gamesmanship/exaggeration etc) and the refs were absolute garbage.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Or, if you are like me, you're not on the ice so stop having ridiculous expectations out of a bunch of teenagers and let the chips fall where they may.

Yes you play for gold, but be happy with fourth if that's a good as you are that year. Respect your opposition, and stop thinking just because you wear a maple leaf that you deserve more than what you earn.

:handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

cloak

Dec 30, 2011
One thing is for sure, after watching this game.

Yakupov is going to break 100 points in the NHL.

Probably the best skating prospect I have seen in a long long time. Yes imo he skates better then hall and skinner.

he's a stud for sure, i watch him play live on the ohl

JustGivingEr

How far we done fell
Aug 17, 2009
Hamsterdam
Canada is losing because we played too soft. Its as simple as that. The Russians are more skilled than us. We need to grind it out against these guys. No effort tonight.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Gallagher has to be one of the worst forwards I've seen at the World Juniors in some time. All he is doing is hurting the team, but because he plays for Don Hay he gets the 2nd line spot over a far superior offensive player in Brett Connolly, along with PP and PK time.

He's killing the 2nd line.

Atrocious. Should be Toffoli or Rattie in that spot.

maplehawk

HFB Partner
i think team canada should start bringing a 13th forward and make him an enforcer.

start him every game and have him obliterate someone on the first shift then sit him the rest of the game.

could you imagine being on the other team at puck drop knowing that 1 of the 5 of you was going to be destroyed in the next 30 seconds haha.

Drij

Mar 5, 2007
Someone on Canada should get even and take out the russian goalie.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
The refs are doing pretty good. 2 easy penalties but the 10 for Huberdeau was right call. You have to save your cool even if you're playing like ****!
Rule book or not that is a god awful call, this is a JUNIOR tournament we are talking about...these kids have emotions, a slight wack against the boards does not justify a 10 minute misconduct whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad